ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

thanosdk

Re: ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Post by thanosdk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 am

After trying multiple times to run es300_R6D_full in Windows 7 64-bit with LoD 1.10 using the mini cd's from the OP, I kinda left the thing since it would not read the expansion mini image with all correct settings to either Alcohol or Daemont Tools.

I came across a vanilla mod, which is great by the way, and the mod maker included mini images as well if one would use a version of LoD that requires a CD. Anyway, tried with this mini image and bam, ES worked straight away, I don't know what is wrong with the OP's mini image but for me they never worked. If allowed, here is the link to that said mini image:

https://github.com/fearedbliss/singling (Just download a zip file from github and the mini images are inside).

Worked for me, even though I installed a 1.13c version, all I had to do was replace the files in my game install folder with this from PlugY website: http://plugy.free.fr/Patch/LODPatch_110.zip then install ES, and finally mount the mini image in Alcohol with the settings from OP. Voila, 1.10 and ES working in windows 7 64bit nicely.

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 am

Hey there!! Hope someone's still around here since I decided to play this mod again.
I'm running it in Windows 10, set compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and everything seems to be working fine so far... Except fot he fact that I can't re-allocate my stats :( Sadly for me, this is kind of an essential. Tried the Player Utility, but not only it didn't work, it also assigns new maps for single player and ruins my farming :(
Could it have any solutions?? Trying to solve one problem, I got myself into another one.

Thanks in advance for the answers!!

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

I am around here still on occasion....still playing my HC Challenge chars every now and then.

Don't think I can help you with the re-allocating....never having used it as it's never been allowed in tourneys.

As far as map reset...the ES Preferences program has a toggle for map regeneration....did you check that? Doesn't save you if you change difficulties, though. So, if you go to Nightmare, then back to Normal, your maps will be reset. Anyhow, you can find that program in the main ES folder.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks Billybgame!! Appreciate that there's someone still playing this and willing to help.
Checked the PlugY configurations inside the mod folder and indeed, the map regeneration options in single player was there, it worked fine.
Couldn't fix the stat problem, but I came out with a question regarding that: the stat re-allocation feature, it's an Eastern Sun feature?? Or a PlugY feature??
That might give me a clue eventually on how to fix it...
Thanks again!!

PS: sorry for the bad English

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

Reply to myself:
Problem solved!!! :D I looked after the PlugY main folder inside the Diablo II directory, entered the configuration file, scrolled down until I found the "STATS" tab, and copied the stats assignment options there.
Then I pasted it into the Eastern Sun's PlugY configuration file, and done!! The reassign stat option appeared as I entered my character.
Hope this helps anyone in the future!!

horrendous

Post by horrendous » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:20 am

so i'm trying to run Eastern Sun R6D on a fresh install of Win10. D2LOD runs fine, but using the launcher, ES does a CD check then doesn't run. Things I've tried:

Put everything on XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode

Mounted the MiniCD on Daemon Tools and Alcohol 52%

Used a 1.12 and a 1.14 D2 installer

Checked every box in the Compatibility tab

Installed outside Program Files

Tried using every option in the vid test

Tried the 1.12 Offline Installer

Tried to run ES through D2SE

and some other stuff... always get the CD check then nothing. I've searched forums up and down and can't find an answer.

DTS
Vietnam

Post by DTS » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:18 am

Hi, i've just installed ES in D:\Diablo II folder. I setup destination folder is D:\Diablo II\es300r. But when the setup complete, i start ES Launcher then nothing appear. My Diablo II folder had alreadly installed Median XL launcher before, does it make my game cannot start? Thanks

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm

I use D2SE and have been playing about a year again a lot on ESR, but gave up on it for awhile. It plays on D2SE also. I

Atrushan

Post by Atrushan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:53 am

I used to enjoy Eastern Sun as long as I had the discs. But one broke and I bought the online version from the Blizzard Store.
Ever since I haven't been able to play Eastern Sun.
I tried mounting the miniCD with almost all known programs (including Alcohol), but to no avail. It doesn't help that the guidelines for Alcohol seem to be outdated. They either changed or renamed the menues, but I couldn't find "Emulation" or "Extra Emulation". I did find the described options though, shared through other menues.
Anyway... my problem is the same as the others described. I mount it, click on the ESLauncher and nothing happens.

Too bad I can't use the old LOD disc. When I try to launch the installed game, the ESLauncher would say that 2 installed core files are corrupt.
I'll give that DSSE a try, but given the feedback of the previous users, I don't expect much from it.
Oh, no other mod was installed prior to Eastern Sun, by the way.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:20 pm

Since I have nothing to do today, and since I have version from blizzard store I might test and search for solution.

But first, have you tried to rollback your game to 1.10, also if you have version from blizzard you will need to apply mpq fix.

All you need to do that is version changer by chaosmarc.

EDITED:

It seems that this works perfectly, where 1.10 doesn't launch for me.

(Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58708

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 pm

Here I am again, after years away it seems.

I got D2 reinstalled on my Win 10 laptop. Got ES reinstalled, and even had my old Save file on flash drive:) So, have my prior characters, if I see fit.

I got the game to work, and went through a lot to get rid of the side borders and get it to run full screen, like I like it.

Had to redo all the key configurations naturally. One issue.....Next and Prior skill wasn't recognizing my mouse wheel. No matter what I do. This is a very big deal and a no go for me.

So I Googled it, and someone mentioned running the game in XP Serv pack 3. I forgot about that....so went and made that change and Admin rights. Now, the game won't start and I get the stupid "file initialization" mini box error. Had that one yesterday, when first tried getting stuff working.

How do I get rid of this and better yet, get my mouse wheel to be recognized by Configure Controls?

Edit: Getting the stupid "file initialization error" box even if I changed Properties back the way they were now. No matter what I do, game won't start now, when it just worked fine. I know damn well, I used to change Properties to XP Serv Pack 3 etc and it worked fine, so what's with this error?

Edit 2: Rebooted, as ya know, sometimes think that's all that's needed to fix things. Ok....didn't get the error. But, mouse turned to spinning CD and is stuck in perpetual spin cycle! In other words, game isn't starting. At least not yet. Not sure why XP Serv Pack 3 and Admin Rights would cause such chaos!
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:19 pm

Seems we'Re having the Same Issue. Once i get to it i'll try the mds that was mentioned on an earlier page. Maybe that one will work. Let's solve those issues 2gether
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

PowersThatb
United States of America

Post by PowersThatb » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:38 am

My Eastern Sun Rises is crashing when I try to enter Act 5 from the red portal in act 4. Anyone know what the fix to this is?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Please post the exact error message, also what ESR version do you use?

Cheers
AlphA

Return to “Eastern Sun”