ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

KillerTOFU

Re: ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Post by KillerTOFU » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Where is your game installed??? C:/Program Files/Diablo2/ES or for example D:/MyGames/Diablo2/ES ??? Since some problems can appear if installing in Program Files...
@$%&. >.<
Alright.. One more time, this time not in program files.
*sigh*

[EDIT] Still no good.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:56 am

Damn man...which OS do you use???XP,7,Vista???or some other???

Also what size is your D2Hireling.dll???It should be 180.224 kb...MercMod.dll should be 4.608 kb...Also did you set it to run with Glidewrapper or 3D???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:04 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Damn man...which OS do you use???XP,7,Vista???or some other???

Also what size is your D2Hireling.dll???It should be 180.224 kb...MercMod.dll should be 4.608 kb...Also did you set it to run with Glidewrapper or 3D???
I was running on XP, the mercmod was whatever size the file for the manual install was, I have no clue what glidewrapper is, I don't think I've ever seen that word before. Whatever the file sizes for them were should have been default saying as I had the same problems even after a fresh install. After every uninstall I deleted everything that remained in the D2 directory including the directory itself. I even still had the bugs starting new characters without adding my older characters or stash.

Kinda rage quit already tho, trying to find other games to play, though if I can figure out why this game hates me I would reinstall.

suikoguy

Post by suikoguy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 am

For some reason, MediaFire took down your mini-cd image. Would you please re-upload it?

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Not sure why the MiniCD was removed, it's been there for nearly 5 years.
Anyway, it's been re-uploaded.

suikoguy

Post by suikoguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Much appreciated :D

xjidx

Post by xjidx » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi there,
my problem is that Diablo 2 LOD works fine but my ES does'nt launch at all i see it loading but nothing happens...i chacked the FAQ tried what they said but nothing to do...I use Daemon tools as a CD loader...and i can't check the Secur boxes for some reason...

So yeah hopefully someone can help me because i'm craving a little new character!! ahah !!

thank you !!

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 pm

So, two problems.

Diablo 1.12 Downloaded from BNET. Win 7, everything in XP SP3 compatibility mode. Playing in windowed mode with both executables.

1. I am not getting the extra stats pages nor the stat unassign button. Using both multires and normal exe.

2. I get an unhandled exception with both multires and normal exe when ever I play for 10 minutes or so, it says it cannot divide by zero and then crashes. [yes, I'm not trolling].

With the crashes the game is unplayable, since stuff doesn't save when it crashes.

wooz

Post by wooz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 am

Hi there!
I'm having the weirdest problem with ES. Yesterday I got it to work perfectly and played for several hours, zero issues. Today all of a sudden it won't launch. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm out of ideas and could use some input.

I'm running Win7 Home Premium x64.
The D2Exp version is 1.11b, ES version is 4.1N (the latest unofficial community patch).
The MiniCD image is mounted in Daemon Tools with all the emulation options enabled.
I'm also using the glide wrapper.
The installation path is D:\Games\Diablo II ES\. (So no "Program files" error.)

When I launch ES (using the launcher of course), the loading "CD" cursor appears for a few seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens.

I must stress that yesterday it worked perfectly, so some tiny change must have happened somewhere, but I have no idea where to look next.

I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work. It seems that I have to mount the D2Exp DVD *AND* the MiniCD at the same time. Weird.
Last edited by wooz on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

wooz

Post by wooz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 am

Well, since I made a new post here, I might as well try and solve the two last unasnwered issues.
xjidx" wrote:Hi there,
my problem is that Diablo 2 LOD works fine but my ES does'nt launch at all i see it loading but nothing happens...i chacked the FAQ tried what they said but nothing to do...I use Daemon tools as a CD loader...and i can't check the Secur boxes for some reason...

So yeah hopefully someone can help me because i'm craving a little new character!! ahah !!

thank you !!
The MiniCD needs to be mounted on a SCSI drive. You can create one by clicking the appropriate icon in Daemon tools. The program may ask you to install a SPTD driver and reboot the computer. Do so. Then you'll be able to check the advanced emulation options (Securom and so on) in the options.
sixofour" wrote:So, two problems.

Diablo 1.12 Downloaded from BNET. Win 7, everything in XP SP3 compatibility mode. Playing in windowed mode with both executables.

1. I am not getting the extra stats pages nor the stat unassign button. Using both multires and normal exe.

2. I get an unhandled exception with both multires and normal exe when ever I play for 10 minutes or so, it says it cannot divide by zero and then crashes. [yes, I'm not trolling].

With the crashes the game is unplayable, since stuff doesn't save when it crashes.
You should really read this topic before you post here. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54529
Eastern Sun doesn't work with 1.12 out of the box, you need to do some fiddling. Since Multires is a 1.12 addon, it won't work with ES either.
This viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58708 should point you in the right direction.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Anybody knows what can cause the Sound Effects(placing stuff in Cube,picking up stuff,dropped stuff...) to be late for 1 second???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Sounds like an issue with what can be onboard sound. It's sound lag.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Any way to fix it???I am not too techy if you know what i mean...

I bite down hard

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi guys,

im trying to run ES Com Patch + MultiRes via D2SE. But doesn´t matter what I try I can´t get it running:/. So did anyone of you already tried it with more luck than me?

Cheers

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:56 pm

As I know D2SE version of ES does not give the Correct Skill Rewards(Akara,Radament,Izual),so you may want to Install ES the Normal way since it does not interfere with your Vanilla Installation in any way...don't know about your Q since I have it set up the way I suggested you to set it up...Other D2SE Mods will work just fine...I know since I have at least 10 D2SE mods installed right now,along normal Installation of ES...and everything works fine...

I bite down hard

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Im I tried as you said and this time I got further. Still its not working:P. Will stay with the normal version for now.
Anyway thanks:).

Edit: I checked the D2Game.dll of the latest D2SE ES Version by myself and it gives the correct Skill Rewards : 2 2 4.

Cheers

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Must have been fixed in the meantime,I know that early versions of D2SE ES ware giving incorrect rewards,didn't check after that...

I bite down hard

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Its not working correctly because the D2SE Version is also useable by mac users. Talked to Seltsamuel again and he said its on his list:P. So hopefully we will get a new working plugin with the next D2SE Version:).

Also tried to get multires runing with a fresh d2 installation and still it did not worked out very well:(. At least I got my own changes to ES working, just for myself:).
-Kanji Runes need now only 1 Crystal (still 100 of 1 type)
-> Heaven & God Rune still need 400 Crystals
-Reduce Cost of Secret Recipe 26 to 8 PG + 8 DS
-Increased Tinking to 30-50 instead of 20-30
-Decreased Energy per +% on Damage Argumenter to 3 F/L/P/C 4 M/W
-changed all Rws to min=max
-decreased chance of "of Rainbow" on low lvl and deactivated it for high lvls items
-slightly increased chance of some Oskills, Aura´s
-deactivated charges
-deactivated useless oskills
-Heaven Runde changed to +1all/indestruct
-God Runde changed to +1all/+5% exp
-changed all crystals to be more effective (mostly more life 10 30 50)
-new item graphic´s
-deactivated different colours for items based on stats
-changed unique charm colours
Probably item changes will follow later:).

Edit: Man. Getting new errors while I play. Unrelated to my changes. So still something with the basics must be wrong.. (Maybe related to a missing itemratio.txt - fixed, but its still crashing..) Also I can´t use the ES launcher?? I switched to a 1.12 no cd game.exe.. so there´s probably something wrong.. Plugy doesn´t start as well..

Edit 2: Maybe something inside the data ordner is related to the mac version.. Strange strange..

Problems over problems..:P

Edit3: As I thought. Its somehow related to stuff in the data folder which I copied from the mac version..
Edit4: I think I got it working, at least with cd. No gonna try to play without it. Well used MiniCD + Daemon Tools. Now everything hopefully works..

Still gonna try to make a new D2SE Plugin / or usage of Multires.

Cheers
Last edited by AlphA - The Real One on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Let me know how it works,maybe you could even contact PC to let him know you done a piece of work...)))

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Suddenly, today, I get AVG Resident Shield detects a Trojan Horse for my d2.game/dll file within ES300R......why would this happen out of the blue? Can't get the game to start, unless I disable AVG, now. Unless I truly have a virus file.........nothing has changed, nothing has been done, for a long time......at least a year.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 am

Is it just me, or can you no longer search these forums. When I mouse over Search, it doesn't change the pointer. The links to the right do, Members, and whatever, but the ones left of that, do not. Kinda stinks....trying to get some build help.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

J.D.Ward

Post by J.D.Ward » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Billybgame" wrote:Suddenly, today, I get AVG Resident Shield detects a Trojan Horse for my d2.game/dll file within ES300R......why would this happen out of the blue? Can't get the game to start, unless I disable AVG, now. Unless I truly have a virus file.........nothing has changed, nothing has been done, for a long time......at least a year.
At a guess, it would be a recent update to AVG which is producing this sort of problem. Google "AVG false positive" and see if anyone else is having this sort of problem. A few years ago, an update to the Kaspersky anti-virus software told me that almost every website I looked at was a source of malware.

This may be useful:

http://dalehyde.hubpages.com/hub/AVG-De ... s-Solution

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 am

Ok....bought my son the D2 battlechest. Got that installed.....got it to work on Win 7(albeit still may need color fix).....and, the version is 1.12 so I think we are all set to install ES and play.

However, upon downloading the R6D file, I'm seeing it is now a RAR file?!? Wasn't it always just a simple zip file? We have a good file manager(7 Zip). But, we are having issues and can't seem to even extract the file, let alone install. Getting an error message when trying to extract to D2 folder:

" Can not open output file C:/Program Files/Diablo 2/ES300_R6D_full.exe"

Why did this have to be made so hard now? Geez....didn't you used to just download, click exe and voila it installed and worked.:(

Any insights would be appreciated....he's eager to start playing. Been so long since I did a lot of patch installing....I almost forget Tsuru's name:) But, I sure thought the installer created all the ES folders......we don't have to make them ourselves now, or something do we.

Well, whatever, but how do we install this fresh on his laptop?

Edit: Thought I may have been able to pull a fast one, and copied my old R6D download file to a flash and had him copy it and install. Game crashes instantly, when starting. But, I see now maybe it's because he has 1.12 and ES was written for 1.10. But, I thought anything before 1.12a would work ok.....so which is it? Wondering if we're getting closer.............

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:31 am

rar is the same as zip or 7 zip,if it does not extract it means that the download got corrupted somehow...ES should work on 1.10,1.11 and 1.12...I usually run it on 1.11 patch...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 am

Lucifer666" wrote:rar is the same as zip or 7 zip,if it does not extract it means that the download got corrupted somehow...ES should work on 1.10,1.11 and 1.12...I usually run it on 1.11 patch...
Right, but like I said, I transferred my old file and he installed, and it said it installed fine.....now just crashes instantly.

Am I the only one who's thought that rar files are prone to issues, while zip files always worked? Sure seems that way to me. We could not get two efforts of extraction to work, so we went the flash drive transfer route of my old file.

So, what do we need to do to get this to work? Get 1.11? Where is the best place to get this? Whenever I search, all I see are the most recent patches, it seems. Or, sites I'm not sure I trust and don't want to download from.

Return to “Eastern Sun”