ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Post by gogodanny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 pm

still, remove ~50-100 pages worth of items of ur sharedstash and u should be fine.

its at least worth a try
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

OK...I'll sell all rare weapons that are not eth...I'll also recycle some of the lower sets and uniques...that should free up a 100 pages... :D
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Before you go through all the time and effort of selling a bunch of items that may or may not fix the problem... Go into your save folder and rename "_LOD_SharedStashSave.sss" to something like "_LOD_SharedStashSave.sss.bak"

If you still get lag, the stash isn't your problem.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Too late...now I have 370 pages,it still lags,and i'm gonna try that...

Edit: Tried that renaming and all i got when i started the game was an empty stash,so i'm gonna rename it back... :cry:
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Edit: Tried that renaming and all i got when i started the game was an empty stash,so i'm gonna rename it back... :cry:
lol well yes, that's the point. All your items are still in the old stash file, but you're using an empty stash to check if it solves your lag issue.
If you lag with 0 items in your active stash file, then obviously the stash isn't the problem.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 am

Ohhhh....OK...I'll try again... :lol:

Edit: No,it doesn't make any difference...well i guess i'll have to live with the occasional death of a char...

I bite down hard

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Not exactly sure how to ask for help on this, but every time I Kill Mephesto (or how ever it's spelled) and go through the portal to get to get to the next act my game crashes. I don't even get an error message. Is this a known bug, or is the game just hating me? Does any one know a way around this?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Reinstall,and check if it still happens...

I bite down hard

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Hmm... never heard of crashing on Act 3 portal.
I have for the portal spawned by Tyrael in Act 4 and the 'end game' portal from Baal in Act 5, but not Act 3.

My only suggestion would be what Lucifer666 said, try a reinstall.

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:33 am

Well reinstalling didn't help, but at least I get an error message now..
Don't really know what to make of it. And it's only been happening with my Amazon, My Necro could pass through the portal fine, I even tried making a lan game to see if that would work, but the only my Necro could pass. =( Wish I had other characters at act 3 so I could see if they have the same error.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 am

Try putting all her items into stash.
Otherwise maybe try a new Zon?

Sorry for the crappy solutions, but that's about all you can do.
At least since you know your Necro can go through you know it's not the game itself, and has to do with the character.

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 am

Hahaha, It's funny you should say that because that was actually the first thing I tried to do. =)
Damn, that really sucks, I have to start TOFU over. ='(

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:52 pm

>.< This is so lame, I made a new amazon using the -act5 command line cheat and rushed to act 3 with my necro in a lan game, but I still get the same error and can't get any farther. ='(
I have no idea what to do anymore.

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am

I didn't even bother to equip her with anything, I just made it & rushed... About to see if this happens with any other characters tho.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I have just made a GREAT DISCOVERY!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

Trial and error have made me see something,since there was a nice storm here again,just when i wanted to turn off my game and PC entirely to avoid what has previously happened to me,a power outage get me,and i was still in BRW 2... :cry:

And so,when the power returned,i turn on my PC,start the game,and my Char with which i played last had dissapeared???I check the ES SAVE FOLDER,and hes there??? And nevermind that,i copy him from the Backup Folder into the Save Folder,and i Start the game again...

This time I get That Error: Unable to enter Game, Bad file something(I forgot while typing)...

Anyway I say WTF!!!

And so i try reinstalling the entire game,i patched it to 1.10 and then i installed ES again(I made a backup of Save Folder before uninstall)...I copy my Save folder to new ES,and I get that error again...And so I decide that maybe it's my Stast that is the root of the problem...and so i try with the Stash from the Backup folder in the Save Folder,and I get that same error again...And i try with the Second one in the Backup Folder which is this SIZE 301,156 AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT 8-O 8-O 8-O

Once my stash reached 302,000 it got Corrupted!!! I think this should be put somewhere visible of course some shorter version than mine,I did this little Story for Fun and Practice... :lol: :lol: :cool: :twisted:

Edit: Scratch all of the above,it seems that my Stash got corrupted in that Storm,but I'll be testing to see where lies the limit of the Shared Stash...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Tue May 15, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bite down hard

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 am

i cant have more then 2.4mil gold in bank and 940k on hand,char lvl 94(not the *put gold* bank,but personal).
how to fix?
happened after reinstall,used to be able to store 9m+ in bank,not sure howmuch on hand.would greatly help my play.

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:31 am

Does anyone know if there's a bug for walking out of the Sewers back to the forest in act 3?
I noticed that happened to my necro when I first played, but couldn't remember if it was like that in regular D2, and since I could just use a portal to get back to town I never really paid attention to it before. But now my friend started a Sorc on my machine and is having the same problem trying to enter the second floor of Halls of the Dead. Every game he starts he can't walk through, yet I don't have that problem at all with my Necro or my new Amazon. I could probably get around it for him starting a lan game with a different character and making a portal for him, but it's just a minor annoyance.
For my Necro that has happened to me in both Normal & Nightmare, I haven't gotten to act 3 in hell yet cause I started a new Bowazon and am currently trying to get her to act 3 so I can see if she has this problem in the Sewers like my Necro.

I just started playing again the other day with a fresh install of D2 and ES, the only things copied over from the last install were my Necro and my stash. I've already tried switching the stash to see if that could have done something (even though I don't see how it could) and I still have these problems. As far as the Sewers go with my Necro I can use all other exits just fine. I'm about to make a new Sorc and rush her to the halls to see if that one has the same problem.

....Stupid bugs, I'd make a Barb if it could use a hammer to crush them. >.<

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 am

Sometimes it can be difficult to access parts of the game if you have a cast skill assigned to the LMB. This is a Diablo 2 bug. The only workaround for the time being is to have a means to choose normal attack and use that to interact with the problematic doors.

There is also a problematic assignment between the Flayer Jungle and the Sewers 1. This means that going from Flayer to Sewers 1 is a one-way street. This is an ES bug. The exit is not being pointed to the stairs, so the exit is not accessable.. :(
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 am

I'm left handed so my mouse buttons are switched for everything on this machine, not sure if that would effect anything, but even with both mouse buttons set to normal attack I still couldn't get through. =(
Sometimes I think this game doesn't want me to play it. >.<

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Everyone refers to the Primary Attack as the LMB.. so that would be the right button..

As for your problem, you did a clean reinstall no? Not sure what's plaguing you :/ But the sewers is an ES issue (you can go to the Sewers from Flayer, but not to Flayer from Sewers).
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 pm

thepsycho2" wrote:Everyone refers to the Primary Attack as the LMB.. so that would be the right button..

As for your problem, you did a clean reinstall no? Not sure what's plaguing you :/ But the sewers is an ES issue (you can go to the Sewers from Flayer, but not to Flayer from Sewers).
Oh sorry, I ment for the second floor of the Halls of the Dead I still couldn't get through with both buttons set as normal attack. And yes it is a fresh install of both D2 & ES.

Also I seem to have run into another problem. I went to change the gear on my merc but for some reason it wont let me equip any rings, amulets, boots, gloves, or belts for any merc on any character I have. >.<
Why does this game hate me? ='(

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm

That seems to be a problem with mercmod.. to me it seems you are having a lot of trouble with the mod in general.

Maybe try refetching the entire thing via Eastern Sun Wiki? Perhaps your installer is corrupt.

KillerTOFU

Post by KillerTOFU » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am

In about a week I've installed D2 & ES 3 times now. Redownloaded all of the files again for my last install (a few minutes ago) and I still get the same bugs. >.< I just tried installing the mercmod file manually and tried using that but I still can't use rings, amulets, gloves, boots, or belts. >.<
I am out of ideas on what to do. =(

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 am

Where is your game installed??? C:/Program Files/Diablo2/ES or for example D:/MyGames/Diablo2/ES ??? Since some problems can appear if installing in Program Files...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”