ES 3.00 R6D ported to Diablo 2 1.12a (PC)

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Berto

Re: ES 3.00 R6D ported to Diablo 2 1.12a (PC)

Post by Berto » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

Stabby_McTwist" wrote:
Valherran" wrote:
SotSS" wrote:I'm gonna say "no," but just to check: will this work with the community patches found at the eastern sun wiki?
Yes, it will.
The 1.12 port changes DLLs that the are essentially for the Diablo II game part of the mod. The community patches change things that are in tables of various types and don't overlap/conflict with eachother.
I'm going to go ahead and confirm this.

I originally had just Multi-res installed. I wanted to upgrade the version of ES. I did so directly, and ES threw me errors. I figured a fresh install would work. It did. I installed the components in this order:

Diablo II (Obviously)
ES (Patch on main ES website)
ES Community Patch
Multi-res (Using Stabby's installer above)

As soon as I did that, it worked flawlessly. The only thing that seemed to have been screwed up is the Damage augmenter. The old one on my sorc now requires level 120. To fix this, simply create a new character, and transfer over their augmenter. The augmenters are now class-specific, so if you want to transfer over a "fixed" augmenter for a sorceress, create a sorceress.

Thanks again Stabby!

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 am

Alright I will try this when I get time, i will let you all know how that turns out. :)
Promoting my friend's Dungeon Keeper 1 MOD for him:
http://keeperklan.com/threads/1790-Dung ... e2?p=35496

SotSS

Post by SotSS » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Well, I've been playing it with the community patches after using Stabby_McTwist's offline installer without any problems, so yeah, I'd say it does indeed work.

I couldn't get it to work before, but the offline installer must have made the difference. Thanks a bunch Stabby.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:53 pm

No need create new chars to transfer charms, just cube your old augmenter and i'll make a new one
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Berto

Post by Berto » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Necrolis" wrote:No need create new chars to transfer charms, just cube your old augmenter and i'll make a new one
Ah, that certainly helps some.

Hey Necrolis, would you happen to know why I keep having my problem that I mentioned before? That is, upon upgrading to 1.12a, my Sorc's static field doesn't seem to be working all that well. It simply does not work on some monsters (For example, Hell Baal).

Now, I think I've figured out the reason behind it, and that is the same reason as to why my chain lightning rolls over. My guess is that because I'm playing in Hell, players 8, monsters have such high life that when I try to use static field, it attempts to cut such a large amount of life away from them that it simply rolls over and does essentially no damage.

I just tested it on players 1 Hell, and while static field still didn't work on some monsters (Hell Baal), it did seem to work more regularly.

There's an easy way to test this. If my numbers are correct, damage rolls over around 100k, give or take a few 1k. Is there a way to figure out the life of the monsters that I'm killing, both on players 1 and players 8? I tried looking into the data folders, however I'm not sure what to look for.

If however, all of the above is wrong, then would you/anybody else perhaps know the reason? I feel as if my sorceress just lost half her power.

Anyway to fix this?

<3
Berto

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

I got it to work and it looks great, only one problem though, I cannot view the other stat pages that PlugY provides. Plus alot of times the stat re-allocation feature and/or the skill reset buttons don't work or stop working. :roll:
Promoting my friend's Dungeon Keeper 1 MOD for him:
http://keeperklan.com/threads/1790-Dung ... e2?p=35496

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 pm

The multi-page feature was built on an older version of PlugY, so it won't work :(
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:49 pm

thepsycho2" wrote:The multi-page feature was built on an older version of PlugY, so it won't work :(
It has nothing to do with the age of PlugY... It has to do with PlugY using absolute values based on whether the game is running at 640x480 or 800x600 resolutions rather than a relative value (X-#, Y-#).
I had looked into possible ways to fix this, hoping the placement coordinates were located in a general file, but I think they are stored in the DLL itself so without the sourcecode it's essentially up to Yohann to 'fix' it.

TrowaX31

Post by TrowaX31 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks for the offline update Stabby_McTwist's , works like a charm :D (1920x1080) HD .
EDIT 1: Spoke to soon , i am now having some errors pop up it only happens when i leave the game and come back ( doing baal runs ), it doesn't load on the second time. Pops up UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
then when i clicked ok on the error another one pops up UNHANDLED EXCEPTION Unknown Exception : (e06d7363) other then that it works fine. Only happens on Eastern Sun , Original works fine exit and come back with no errors.

EDIT 2: yay switched to directdraw and everything work perfectly thanks all.

bLUEbYTE

Post by bLUEbYTE » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:34 am

Diamond gems item name shows in purple color.
I think it was 'bright white' in original ES.
Can this be fixed?
Eastern Sun+Untwinked+SinglePlayer ----> Elixir of Fun

My Mini-Guides:
Automated Backup of SP characters
Improving Performance & Video Quality of D2

Gw42

Post by Gw42 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

TrowaX31" wrote:Thanks for the offline update Stabby_McTwist's , works like a charm :D (1920x1080) HD .
EDIT 1: Spoke to soon , i am now having some errors pop up it only happens when i leave the game and come back ( doing baal runs ), it doesn't load on the second time. Pops up UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
then when i clicked ok on the error another one pops up UNHANDLED EXCEPTION Unknown Exception : (e06d7363) other then that it works fine. Only happens on Eastern Sun , Original works fine exit and come back with no errors.

EDIT 2: yay switched to directdraw and everything work perfectly thanks all.
I would so love for this to work for me but I still get the Access_Violation. I have Windows 7 and can run es300r Eastern Sun fine at 800x600. I have D2 patch 1.12a and I used 'ES 3.00 v1.12 Offline Setup --OLD.exe' to add PlugY etc.

Could you please telll me the exact command line you use in your shortcut?
Is it "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\game.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"
Is the 'start in' "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\es300r" ?
Do you use the -direct -txt switches?

Thanks for working on this.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Gw42" wrote:I would so love for this to work for me but I still get the Access_Violation. I have Windows 7 and can run es300r Eastern Sun fine at 800x600. I have D2 patch 1.12a and I used 'ES 3.00 v1.12 Offline Setup --OLD.exe' to add PlugY etc.
You're using the old installer, which had issues when I converted from an "online" (downloader) installer to offline one.
Delete the es300r folder, reinstall Eastern Sun and then use this installer instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nri3xla7sr54ap5
Gw42" wrote:Could you please telll me the exact command line you use in your shortcut?
Is it "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\game.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"
Is the 'start in' "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\es300r" ?
Do you use the -direct -txt switches?

Thanks for working on this.
game.exe and Diablo II.exe will both work: Diablo II.exe basically just launches game.exe
Yes, the Start In folder you listed is correct... but I would suggest not using Program Files since it's protected by Windows and needs Admin access to write any changes (i.e. saves or the official ES Launcher) to the folder.
Yes, you need the '-direct -txt' switches.

Gw42

Post by Gw42 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 am

Stabby_McTwist" wrote: Yes, the Start In folder you listed is correct... but I would suggest not using Program Files since it's protected by Windows and needs Admin access to write any changes (i.e. saves or the official ES Launcher) to the folder.
Yes, you need the '-direct -txt' switches.
Nice, it's working now.

Thanks!!

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 am

Hi all

I've read through the 8 pages in this topic and searched for others too, similar to this one.

I'm a big fan os Eastern sun for ages and yesterday I thought in giving another shot (and to pass time untill diablo 3 arives or ES S series ehehe :lol: ) but no sucess.

I've followed some instalations previous on this posts and tryed to the es300 install(the full 76mb)..

I'll describe step by step how did I instaled and think it's the correct one but the Acess Violation persists..

1. Clean full install Diablo 2 to dir d:\diablo II (my windows is in c:)
2. Upgrade to LoD
3. Upgraded from multiplayer to full instalation
4. At this point its 1.07 so I applyed the http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/ ... h_112a.exe
5. Ok now I proceed to install http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/files/es300_R6D_full.zip to D:\Diablo II\es300r\ (it asked to created a shortcut I sayed yes)
6. Now I installed Stabby automatic installer from http://www.mediafire.com/?nri3xla7sr54ap5 to D:\Diablo II. (It asks to modify the d2gfx.dll sayed yes again)
7. I change the shortcut and now I guess its the new one created (ES 3.00 v1.12) to make the change to the "start in" box to in my case "D:\Diablo II\es300r"

Now i start from that same shortcut, I enter very well in the main menu of ES with the note in the inferior left corner that is 1.12 mod. Created a new char, when it trys to load "Unhandled Exception: Acess_violation (c0000005) when I say ok another one appears "Unhandled Exception: Unknown Exception (e06d7363)..

Any help, sugestions?! Am I doing something wrong?! The instalation is pretty simple if followed by letter..! :P

Thanks in advance!

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 am

DarkIceX" wrote:Hi all

I've read through the 8 pages in this topic and searched for others too, similar to this one.

I'm a big fan os Eastern sun for ages and yesterday I thought in giving another shot (and to pass time untill diablo 3 arives or ES S series ehehe :lol: ) but no sucess.

I've followed some instalations previous on this posts and tryed to the es300 install(the full 76mb)..
Did Eastern Sun work before you tried the 1.12 mod?

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm

If you meant before yes bue was years ago..

And if I start with the es300_lancher.exe runs fine I even played a bit but that is with old files cause it puts the new ones on the backup file in es300 dir...

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

One thing for sure its somehow the PlugY that's doing something wrong maybe.. It's after the patch of d2gfx.dll that the acess violation comes from. If I restore to the default d2gfx.dll it works but Plugy doesn't load.. lol

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 pm

DarkIceX" wrote:One thing for sure its somehow the PlugY that's doing something wrong maybe.. It's after the patch of d2gfx.dll that the acess violation comes from. If I restore to the default d2gfx.dll it works but Plugy doesn't load.. lol
Strange... maybe it's not patching correctly on your system.
Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fq4xvjysp1uigtf

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Ok after many tries of diferent things I have succeed installing everything right!!

I'm playing with Plugy 10 and in resolution 1024x768 cause higher were a little messy on the buttons like the next page in the character stats (don't really match), now mercs can equip every slot (before I couldn't) of course that was in 1.10 launched by lancher..

What did I do was unsured a clean install sugested by http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Install%20Guide the point 3. was critical for me Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmented!

Now I'll continue my ama \players 8 currently in NM act 2 lvl 57! I know maybe a little higher but started /players 8 right off the bat untwinked lol

Now a question off topic: How do I gamble for Lixo's Harp Gothic Bow? Do I gamble for it's item base Long War Bows cause Gothic Bows in gamble don't show? If yes can I gamble in normal and NM or only gamble NM itens in NM?

Thanks for all the help! :P

undead_shadow
Paladin

Post by undead_shadow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 am

DarkIceX" wrote: Now a question off topic: How do I gamble for Lixo's Harp Gothic Bow? Do I gamble for it's item base Long War Bows cause Gothic Bows in gamble don't show? If yes can I gamble in normal and NM or only gamble NM itens in NM?

Thanks for all the help! :P
If you have any more questions like this I recommend posting them to the stickied "Ask the Experts" thread also found:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42495&start=6775

For now:

Chit for it (act 5 NM Anya) you should be able to just select gothic bow chits (then cube them to get your item).

(Do not chit for it in normal as it will never appear because gothic bows spawn in NM+)

Alternatively you can use secret recipe 25 to get the set item.

You just need a magic gothic bow then craft it (a P Ruby+a d stone+any magic jewel [this is the barb craft but its the quickest way to craft)

= a crafted bow

Then use the secret recipe:
Crafted Weapon/Armor (Exceptional)
4 Perfect Gems
2 Dragon Stoness
2 Forging Hammers
Ancient Scroll 25
= Set item (Exc)

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es ... _n.htm#sec for the full list of recipes/crafts etc etc.

Hope I helped :)
Open up the sweetness

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 am

Everything runs fine in singleplayer but when I try to play in tcp/ip the acess violation c00005 apears again :cry:

Is there a way to fix it? ... :(

Thanks for the help undead_shadow

updawg

Post by updawg » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Can someone just give a simple explination of the steps if you are new to this? I currently do not have any version of the mod installed. I see there is community version of this mod as well, I would just like to set this up with the latest version of everything. I would like to set this up on two computers and play via TCP/IP if that makes a difference. Anything to bring new life into D2 sounds exciting. I have D2 and LOD installers downloaded from my blizzard account. What are the next steps I take? Thanks for your patience!

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 pm

updawg" wrote:Can someone just give a simple explination of the steps if you are new to this? I currently do not have any version of the mod installed. I see there is community version of this mod as well, I would just like to set this up with the latest version of everything. I would like to set this up on two computers and play via TCP/IP if that makes a difference. Anything to bring new life into D2 sounds exciting. I have D2 and LOD installers downloaded from my blizzard account. What are the next steps I take? Thanks for your patience!
I made a topic here with all the instructions you need: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58708

You may run into issues when playing online, that is due to PlugY saving more data than the game expects as it is closing.
There is a possible fix in the topic which requires you to edit one of the files, as well as some tips in the Multiplayer Headquarters topic.

updawg

Post by updawg » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Stabby_McTwist" wrote: You may run into issues when playing online, that is due to PlugY saving more data than the game expects as it is closing.
There is a possible fix in the topic which requires you to edit one of the files, as well as some tips in the Multiplayer Headquarters topic.

Will I need to use your stash switcher or can I just use plugys universal stash when playing TCP/IP multiplayer?

Thanks for the guide it really simplifes everything!

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:21 am

updawg" wrote:
Stabby_McTwist" wrote: You may run into issues when playing online, that is due to PlugY saving more data than the game expects as it is closing.

Will I need to use your stash switcher or can I just use plugys universal stash when playing TCP/IP multiplayer?

Thanks for the guide it really simplifes everything!
Changing the stash helps, but isn't a surefire fix.
Eastern Sun comes with a stash switcher, but I couldn't get it working so I made one myself. All it does is provide an easy way to rename files.

Return to “Eastern Sun”