details into one post that can be maintained/updated to provide the most accurate information.
You can find his original post here.
- Install Diablo II + LoD from CD or use the digital download from Battle.net.
- If you installed from CD, Patch to 1.12a.
- Download and run the Eastern Sun Installer from the ES Database.
- Download and run the Automatic ES 1.12a installer.
Two things to note when using the Eastern Sun 1.12 mod (both Installer & Manual):
- Do NOT use the Eastern Sun launcher to play the game. The launcher is for the original 1.10 version of the mod only.
- If you run into problems with characters and/or online play, open up .\Diablo II\es300r\loader.ini and add a semicolon to savesize.dll:
Eastern Sun 1.12 Mini-FAQ" wrote:
Some questions and answers were taken from other peoples comments. As with the post itself, I do not mean to take credit for all the information, I just want to gather it into one place to make it easy to find read.
- Will this work with newer versions of Eastern Sun like the Unofficial/Community updates?
- Yes, it should. As long as the updates don't modify the DLLs (rare) it will be compatible.
- Will I still need the CD to play?
- It depends. If you can play Diablo II without it, you will be able to play Eastern Sun without it.
- Will this work with the version of Diablo II downloaded from Blizzards Battle.net store?
- Are Eastern Sun 1.10 saves compatible with the 1.12 mod?
- Yes, you can bring your characters over without any problems.
- Can I play with people using Eastern Sun 1.10 if I'm on ES 1.12?
- No, you cannot. You must use the same version of Diablo II, Eastern Sun and PlugY
- In multiplayer I get an error like "failed to Join game"
- Try using the Stash Switcher to switch to a new stash for online play
Read below if you are manually installing the mod
Home page: http://zenthought.org/content/project/diablo2
- Loader - 2010-08-01
- MercMod - 2010-08-06 v2
- [*]20100806-2: fixed a crash on entering new act for the first time, if the mpq is enabled
- Gem Fix - 2010-08-01
- SaveSize - 2010-08-05
- [*]20100805: fixed? extra function patched
- GoldLim - 2010-08-01
- ES 3.00 - 2010-08-22
- [*]20100804: Marrowwalk bug added[*]20100805: added Pandemonium level .txts so 1.12 doesn't crash[*]20100822: Adds missing quest reward changes
- DmgClamp - 2010-08-03 v2
- [*](updated 20100803, #2)
Edit: moved up to an 'Announcement' sticky - Perfect CellManual Install (ADVANCED)" wrote:
- Backup your Diablo II (and es300r) dir (Optional)
- Erase (or back up) all .dlls in your es300r dir
- Install PlugY 9.00 (or higher) to Diablo II folder and run PatchD2gfxDll.exe
- Copy (NOT Cut/Move) the PlugY.dll, PlugY.ini and the PlugY folder to es300r directory
- Copy es300.dll to your es300r directory
- Copy the other dll mods (linked above) to the es300r directory
- Add all of them (including es300.dll) to loader.ini (see loader docs)
Code: Select all
[loader] 0=es300.dll 1=mercmod.dll 2=gemfix.dll 3=savesize.dll 4=goldlim.dll
- In es300r\PlugY.ini, set DllToLoad=loader.dll
- In es300r\PlugY.ini, set ActiveSavePathChange=1
- In es300r\PlugY.ini, set SavePath=es300r\save\
- In Diablo II directory Copy/Paste Shortcut the Game.exe file.
- On the Game.exe SHORTCUT Right Click -> Properties and change:
- Target: "C:\Games\Diablo II\game.exe"
- Start in: "C:\Games\Diablo II"
(Keep the path the same, just add the -direct -txt and \es300r parts.)
- Target: "C:\Games\Diablo II\game.exe" -direct -txt
- Start In: "C:\Games\Diablo II\es300r"
- Hope everything went right.