Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 am

I take no credit for the 1.12a modded files, that credit goes to zinx. My goal is to combine the
details into one post that can be maintained/updated to provide the most accurate information.
You can find his original post here.
Install Instructions:
  1. Install Diablo II + LoD from CD or use the digital download from Battle.net.
  2. If you installed from CD, Patch to 1.12a.
  3. Download and run the Eastern Sun Installer from the ES Database.
  4. Download and run the Automatic ES 1.12a installer.
The installer includes the latest 1.12a mod files, PlugY 10.0, Multires mod and itemratios.txt, as well as modified and corrected .INI files. It will modify your Eastern Sun install to work with Diablo II v1.12 (not 1.10, 1.11 or 1.13) with minimal user-input. On Windows Vista/7 with UAC enabled you will need to accept an elevation prompt while installing PlugY v10.0, and all users will need to make a slight modification to the shortcut that is placed on the desktop.

Two things to note when using the Eastern Sun 1.12 mod (both Installer & Manual):
  • Do NOT use the Eastern Sun launcher to play the game. The launcher is for the original 1.10 version of the mod only.
  • If you run into problems with characters and/or online play, open up .\Diablo II\es300r\loader.ini and add a semicolon to savesize.dll:
    ;savesize.dll
Eastern Sun 1.12 Mini-FAQ" wrote:
  • Will this work with newer versions of Eastern Sun like the Unofficial/Community updates?
    • Yes, it should. As long as the updates don't modify the DLLs (rare) it will be compatible.
  • Will I still need the CD to play?
    • It depends. If you can play Diablo II without it, you will be able to play Eastern Sun without it.
  • Will this work with the version of Diablo II downloaded from Blizzards Battle.net store?
    • Perfectly.
  • Are Eastern Sun 1.10 saves compatible with the 1.12 mod?
    • Yes, you can bring your characters over without any problems.
  • Can I play with people using Eastern Sun 1.10 if I'm on ES 1.12?
    • No, you cannot. You must use the same version of Diablo II, Eastern Sun and PlugY
  • In multiplayer I get an error like "failed to Join game"
    • Try using the Stash Switcher to switch to a new stash for online play
Some questions and answers were taken from other peoples comments. As with the post itself, I do not mean to take credit for all the information, I just want to gather it into one place to make it easy to find read.
==========================================
Read below if you are manually installing the mod
==========================================
Please note that these DLLs currently only work with LOD 1.12a, nothing else.

Home page: http://zenthought.org/content/project/diablo2
Direct links:
Manual Install (ADVANCED)" wrote:
  1. Backup your Diablo II (and es300r) dir (Optional)
  2. Erase (or back up) all .dlls in your es300r dir
  3. Install PlugY 9.00 (or higher) to Diablo II folder and run PatchD2gfxDll.exe
  4. Copy (NOT Cut/Move) the PlugY.dll, PlugY.ini and the PlugY folder to es300r directory
  5. Copy es300.dll to your es300r directory
  6. Copy the other dll mods (linked above) to the es300r directory
  7. Add all of them (including es300.dll) to loader.ini (see loader docs)

Code: Select all

[loader]
    0=es300.dll
    1=mercmod.dll
    2=gemfix.dll
    3=savesize.dll
    4=goldlim.dll
  8. In es300r\PlugY.ini, set DllToLoad=loader.dll
  9. In es300r\PlugY.ini, set ActiveSavePathChange=1
  10. In es300r\PlugY.ini, set SavePath=es300r\save\
  11. In Diablo II directory Copy/Paste Shortcut the Game.exe file.
  12. On the Game.exe SHORTCUT Right Click -> Properties and change:
    • Target: "C:\Games\Diablo II\game.exe"
    • Start in: "C:\Games\Diablo II"
    to
    • Target: "C:\Games\Diablo II\game.exe" -direct -txt
    • Start In: "C:\Games\Diablo II\es300r"
    (Keep the path the same, just add the -direct -txt and \es300r parts.)
  13. Hope everything went right.
Edit: moved up to an 'Announcement' sticky - Perfect Cell

updawg

Re: Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions

Post by updawg » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, I have everything installed and am about to play. I put a semi colon in front of savesize.dll but would you mind explaining on what else I need to do to make sure TCP/IP works? I plan on playing a character only with one friend and never single player, so what settings can I change to make sure this works? Thank you!

Also does the installer contain all the mods as well? The merc, gold, and damage etc... Thanks

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:55 pm

updawg" wrote:Thanks for pointing me to this thread, I have everything installed and am about to play. I put a semi colon in front of savesize.dll but would you mind explaining on what else I need to do to make sure TCP/IP works? I plan on playing a character only with one friend and never single player, so what settings can I change to make sure this works? Thank you!
Try to keep your stash small. If it gets big you can either rename it or use a stash switcher to make a new stash before playing online.
Wait a few minutes after playing to exit.
Change acts a few times after you're done.
Have the host leave the game last.
updawg" wrote:Also does the installer contain all the mods as well? The merc, gold, and damage etc... Thanks
Yes. My installer has everything you need to play Eastern Sun 1.12a mod.

pekoe

Post by pekoe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Is there a way to make the game widescreen like the 110 patch full screen start icon does?

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

So, maybe a dumb question. Maybe. But how do you actually play ES after you installed everything? All the shortcuts on the desktop are just vanilla LoD. I've also tries running the launcher and game.exe in the d2 folder, to no avail.

I installed D2 and LoD from the downloaded installers from bnet. Installed the latest eastern sun. Then used the automatic es installer. ...

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am

There should be a ES Launcher Shortcut on your Desktop if you installed everything properly...anyway try entering the ES Folder inside the D2 Folder and running the Launcher exe from there...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am

Running the es launcher itself does nothing.

It seems that -direct and -text don't actually do anything anyone. I am on patch 1.12.

When I said all of the shortcuts on the desktop are vanilla, I mean all of the ES shortcuts load vanilla d2.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am

Two things to note when using the Eastern Sun 1.12 mod (both Installer & Manual):
Do NOT use the Eastern Sun launcher to play the game. The launcher is for the original 1.10 version of the mod only.
If you run into problems with characters and/or online play, open up .\Diablo II\es300r\loader.ini and add a semicolon to savesize.dll:

This is written in the first post...sorry for my suggestion,it seems I was wrong...

Also it is not -text it's -txt maybe you should check again if you did everything according to Stabby's post...Also try to run ES with the Game.Exe in ES Folder...don't know what else to say,if that does not work you will have to wait for Stabby to respond to your comment...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Its -txt, it was a typo.

Plugy seems to work fine. But not ES. :/

I've tried all of the executables.

Edit: I fixed it, I had to change the "start in" folder in my es shortcut.

Edit2: I am using d2multi res, and it seems to be working, however, the additional stats pages in the character sheet are now gone. Is there any way to get those back?

Edit3: Hmmm, I don't have those stats pages playing without d2multires either. Something is definitely up. I have skill point unassignment, but not status unassignment also.

goodhuntin

Re: Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instruct

Post by goodhuntin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi,i followed this guide and it works.
However game keep crashing,with message says:
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
My d2lod version is 1.12a and es r6d,plugy 10,anyone knows how to fix this?
Edit:i forgot itemratio.txt,now it works fine.

coco1986

Post by coco1986 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm

ok so maybe it's just me but I followed the guide to a T and yet the game keeps launching LOD and not ES. any ideas how to fix that?

coco1986

Post by coco1986 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 pm

ok so i got the ES to work. few questions. How do I get my LOD and ES R5 characters to show up/work. does the R6 version of ES not have the bigger inventory? (not the stash...the inventory like the R5 ES had) and does the R6 version not allow being able to fully equip your Mercs (hirelings)??

Kalomina

Post by Kalomina » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 am

coco1986" wrote:ok so i got the ES to work. few questions. How do I get my LOD and ES R5 characters to show up/work. does the R6 version of ES not have the bigger inventory? (not the stash...the inventory like the R5 ES had) and does the R6 version not allow being able to fully equip your Mercs (hirelings)??
I seem to be having the same problems in reguards of not being able to equip my Mercs

coco1986

Post by coco1986 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Glad i'm not the only one. have you had any problems with your inventory not being as big as it should be? like i said previous when i played it had the small inventory like the regular LOD game which totally sucks.

saren42

Post by saren42 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 am

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I can't get Multires to actually work. I see the files in the folder, I see the loader.txt is loading them apparently, but I have no options to change the resolution beyond 800x600. I get the feeling I'm just missing something, but I just cannot figure it out.

[EDIT] Just for the record, Multires works fine for the vanilla game of LoD, just not in ES.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:37 pm

coco1986" wrote:Glad i'm not the only one. have you had any problems with your inventory not being as big as it should be? like i said previous when i played it had the small inventory like the regular LOD game which totally sucks.
The inventory issue is related to PlugY.
You can try uninstalling/reinstalling it to see if that works, but I think there may be another underlying issue, like where you are installing it to, or how you are launching it.
Kalomina" wrote:I seem to be having the same problems in reguards of not being able to equip my Mercs
Being able to fully equip your Merc is actually a bug, but one that sort of became accepted.
When zinx created the 1.12 mod, I don't think he was aware and updated the mercmod .DLL the proper way.
saren42" wrote:I'm having a bit of a problem here. I can't get Multires to actually work. I see the files in the folder, I see the loader.txt is loading them apparently, but I have no options to change the resolution beyond 800x600. I get the feeling I'm just missing something, but I just cannot figure it out.

[EDIT] Just for the record, Multires works fine for the vanilla game of LoD, just not in ES.
I can't say for sure, but it might be a problem with you having multires on vanilla. It's been a REAL long time since I played D2.
Also, make sure you don't have any of the lines commented out in your INI file.

Boredguy

Post by Boredguy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:51 am

Can I please get a few answers?

I have followed the instructions on here, as well as I can. I am using the digital copies of the game from Blizzard's website. Windows 7

I think I have it installed correctly, but I also feel like I am missing parts of Eastern Sun. I have the increased stash size, with multiple pages. I have the respec buttons for stat/skill points.

I don't have fully equipable hirelings, a cube from start, cow level waypoint, or any starting gear besides the original.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 am

I installed it and everything seems to be working fine. But I don't have any other choices than 640x480 and 800x600.

//edit: oh and my old savegames give me "bad inventory data"

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:51 pm

(My bad, this is what I get when I wake up.. Disregard.)
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Ignore this post. Oops.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:05 pm

After a very long time, have decided to try Easter Sun again.
Followed the instructions and all seemed to go well.
Have an error message "Unable to enter game-Genetic bad file"
Cant make any changes to plug y.ini. Get access denied.

DustLy14

Post by DustLy14 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:18 am

got it working. game crashes once in a while. just get a black screen and dont see the error message but i can deal with it. i just wish we had a way to all play together regularly :(

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 pm

I have ES working sort of. Same round Globe No preferences work. Need to close game total then reactivate, if I reactivate from character page it crashes the computer. Need to shutdown and restart the computer. Cant make any changes to plug-y.ini.
Elad

DKing

Post by DKing » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Since my last computer's HDD finally gave out (and lost my lvl 100 toons -_- ), ES will only work on Windows 8.1 using this installer. It works flawlessly except I cannot edit the PlugY configurations to stop regenerating a new map and allow multipage stat screens.

Has anyone else found a way to correct this?

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:00 pm

I used Windows 8.1 for a very short period of time (just to see the advantages.disadvantages), but from what I remember it was not coming with any simple text editor, like Notepad. Make sure you have this, or else go download any text editor from the market, and try to open the Plugy.ini file.

Return to “Eastern Sun”