HC Challenge for myself...

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: HC Challenge for myself...

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Very lucky, Lucifer. I still remember a champ fallen in the den of evil Hell dropping a Vlad Tepe's for me.. Greedy has it now..
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Yea,I just love it when I get it when I least expect it...hehehe

Necromancer Death Update:
Well KS is Maxed,now working on finishing Bone Armor before I start pumping PD...Andy is naturally dead...
Clvl 55 in Act 2

Nightmare Act 2

Necromancer Death Update:
Went and did Act 2 Quests,still with Cold Rogue,She got some Uber Gear for Nightmare by now,I am still searching for a 4 Soc Armor to make a Runeword...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:Amazon WildChild Update:
My resists are in the toilet,Strafe is Maxed,now working on Eagle Eye,picked up a Might Merc named Trip!!!the Def Barb will be missed...Duriel OHK-ed my Merc and me almost,but Decoy is a Life Saver...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:Sorceress Venus Update:
Did Duriel in...Merc somehow survived the entire fight...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:Druid Rocky Update:
Went and became Hybrid...Realized that Shock Wave is good enough with just one Point and maxed Maul,and put my first point into Charged Claws...having found Flickerheel in the Normal Domain or earlier pulled me to this decision...Gonna Max Charged Claws instead of Shock Wave,gonna put 4 more points into Cow to get the Second Spirit,gonna put a point in Heart of Wolverine for more Dmg when I need it,5 more points into Shapeshift mastery,9 in Fire Claws,and after that Shapeshift mastery all the way,and maybe a few more in Elemental Form...none of the Points in Iron Claws are wasted as that is also a Synergy to CC and FC...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:
Clarified Progress Update in First Post

Edit:Paladin BleedingSaint Update:
JACKPOT!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

Full Aanna Battle Set!!!I don't care it's not for me...I'll cruise in it for a while...My PALLY will now became a TRANVESTITE!!!(don't know if I got the word right but you know,Guy in a Girl Outfit)

Edit:Paladin BleedingSaint Update:
Jackpot!!!Duriel himself dropped me a full Normal Set for Barb Merc!!!There is gonna be some serious ownage with Pally now...muahahaha...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:Barbarian GRRR Update:
Found Flickerheel in Arcane Sanctuary,CBF is real usefull...Monsters started hitting REAL hard,gotta work on life and DR...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

Edit:Assassin Tanya Update:
The Team Kicks Ass...Nothing else to say...
Clvl 57 in Act 3

EDIT:

Nightmare Act 3

Assassin Tanya Update:
Got third Shadow just now,also found Jello Yello along the way to Bookstore,so that fixed some of my more critical resists...Mephi will fall soon...
Clvl 59

Edit:Assassin Tanya Update:
Did Mephi in...
Clvl 61 in Act 4
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Quickie update

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 20 Inner Cloister - Using Arctic full set
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 19 Inner Cloister - Using Autolycus full set and Supercharged Rod
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Level 9 Cold Plains WP
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/ - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Lightning/Cold - Level 9 Cold Plains WP
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Barbarian GRRR Update:
Did Mephi in...got low life for melle,only 1,6 k with BO...missing only the Shield of Kains Set,and so don't use it at all,still using Maven in Lochaber Axe and some random Runewords...Battle Command gives +4 All Skills now...
Clvl 62 in Act 4

Mephi dropped me a Timeloop unique War Belt(the one with Slow Target),my Might Merc Trip likes it...
Clvl 60 in Act 4

Edit:Druid Rocky Update:
Did Mephi in...almost killed at the Bookstore...those Extra Strong Spiders are taking out lots of HP in one hit...Got the Second Spirit now,will one points HoW to have a means of raising my Phys Dmg and AR...
Clvl 61 in Act 4

Edit:Sorceress Venus Update:
Muahahaha...Mephi dropped me a Band of War Amulet!!!That is my new Mercs Amulet...
Clvl 61 in Act 4
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:04 am

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 20 Inner Cloister - Using Arctic full set
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 19 Inner Cloister - Using Autolycus full set and Supercharged Rod
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 20 Outer Cloister - Using Berserkers set
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 19 Outer Cloister - using Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Level 9 Cold Plains WP

Thought I might get all these characters to the Outer Cloister, but I tire of doing the same thing, so think I'll do some Craftsman again, for awhile.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am

Paladin BleedingSaint Update:
Act 3 was a breeze in entirety thanks to Aanna's Set,even thou it is for a Amazon...
Clvl 61 in Act 4

Edit:Necromancer Death Update:
Hot Damn...found a Etherial Throatslitter in the Bookstore...would have helped much if it was not Eth since I use Poison Slash in Switch,but I will leave it in the stash...who knows when I'll find another Eth Thoatslitter...

Edit:Necromancer Death Update:
Killed Mephi,one of the Council Bosses down there dropped me a Poison and Bone Grand Charm!!!
Clvl 61 in Act 4

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am

Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 20 Outer Cloister - Using Berserkers set
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 19 Outer Cloister - using Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Lvl 19 Outer Cloister....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 am

6 of my 7 chars are to the Outer Cloister, but I was right in remembering that Lightning, such a good skill, in vanilla, stinks big time in ES. No way on p5.....tried the Mauseleoum.......I was struggling ever since the Cold Plains WP....eventually just capitulated. Amazing how weak Lightning is.....Charged Bolts are ok, but not against Dark chicks!

Back to the drawing board, with the Sorc. Kinda tired of the whole Blizzard/Meteor gig, though, so got to ponder. Not sure if there's a different viable Sorc, though, that you can learn on in HC. I know Tsuru said Enchantress was viable, but not so sure. Hydra, I know some have done, but I have doubts. Gotta ponder.

Edit: Decided to go with my original idea, Enchantess....what the hell......however, already killed one off.....*(^)*%*(% Misshapen champion pack in Den.....shoulda just Saved and exited, and tried again...but no....had to try....death. Started again.....funny.....two straight boss packs of Misshapen. Forget it. That's some bad luck. Don't think I saw any of that, with my sturdier characters. Those are way too hard for level 3 Sorceress! I'll keep restarting until I don't see any.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 am

Sorry for your loss Billy,Lightning Sorc takes more time to make than Immo and Blizz Sorc,but yes any kind of Sorc is Viable,just pump your VIT instead of ENE,keep both STR and DEX on 50 until you have decent killing power...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm

I've never tried Immolation....guess I've been scared off by the the character pages that show very minimal damage....I know there were build writeups on those, from like 2006, or whatever. I figured they got nerfed along the way. Maybe it ramps up somehow, but the table doesn't make it look so. If I've been wrong, after my imminent Enchantress's death, maybe I'll try one.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

You must try one...trust me,just take a look at my own Immo Sorc on my Diary page,I still did not finish her,but she destroys very fast...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm so mad, I almost felt like smashing my keyboard.....yet another Sorc death. I think sometimes you get maps that must cause a greater chance for Misshapen? I saw them every single time I went to the Den, including the earlier times I mentioned. No boss or champions, for a long while, though, so we got to level 7, and had good luck with getting the Auto boots and belt. Last time, what do I see....Extra Fast Misshapen boss pack. I'm so *(%*(%^(%% stupid, instead of heading for the exit, I ran forward. Then, a boss pack of Dark Stalkers....got surrounded, and couldn't run...no chance. Suppose I should blame myself.

I'd really not even begun, having just gotten Enchant, and no good weapon....was using a 2 socketed dagger, but had yet to see one single, solitary, damage gem:( So, I'm going to try again, and I'm going to learn when to run!

When she dies, and if not early, I know she will eventually, then maybe I'll try the Immo Sorc. I've done enough Cold and Meteor ones.

Edit:

Holy *^*))*%! I just started her anew....go out to the Blood Moor....Gargantuan boss pack.....about face! Run around the other way......another of the same! As I'm running back to town....a 3rd Gargantuan boss pack starts coming from the side. You have got to be kidding. Can't say I've seen a harder start than that! I've quit on Spearwomen boss packs, etc, but nothing like this. After my Den of Evil experience, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just not destined to do this character!

Edit 2: Just realized how stupid I am....I could have teleported right out of the situation in the Den. I'm just so un-used to using it, I didn't even think of it. Going to have to remember that!
Last edited by Billybgame on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Go at it relaxed,with no rush,and it'll go by itself,there is no shame in falling back,and keep to players one until you get some better gear,instead of Autolicus,you might try Rubys in Boots and Helm for life,maybe even Arcanas Set would be a good starting point...I am used to getting thru Normal with only Gemwords and Magics,any build can do Normal with those items if you know what type of monster is the most dangerous to a specific build,every Char got weaknesses unfortunately...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:13 am

Next time, Moor was fine......Spearwoman boss pack, but we divided and conquered. Level 4...enter Den....take out first few....here we go again....boss pack of skellies and champion Misshapen. Forget that!

I just don't get it....next time, another champion pack of Misshapen. None of my other chars, including my first Sorc, saw it this hard, in the Den....now, it's constantly.

Edit: Wow....yet another Sorc death.....this same one lived.....matter of fact, was having a fun time, and seeing the potential in the Enchantress.....speed kills. Dual emerald dagger was laying everything low, most of the way through the tunnel to rescue Cain.....bad luck befalls. Extra fast Horned Demon boss pack, and trapped against a rock, and my dumbass self forgot teleport, yet again. Not sure why I can't remember this, other than the fact that I've rarely ever used it. Maybe I'm just a terrible Sorceress.:(

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:32 am

Hmmm,Enchant also works with Ranged weapons,and with a squishy Char like a Sorc it's better to stay out of monsters Melle Range until you got ES and some decent life...Immo Sorc is tough until you get Fire Mastery,stick to p/1 since there is no restriction on player setting in Normal Areas,only the Special Areas are to be run on p/4 and above...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 am

If you don't first succeed, try, try, again. My Sorceress sits safely at the Outer Cloister.

The Tower was no easy task, either. My earlier failings helped a lot. Many times, death could have happened. I've not seen a harder Tower run, that I can recall. 2nd Floor, Might Enchanted skellies, grouped with Champion skellies, and archers...right around the corner from the starting stairs! I used teleport there! Just to free myself and let healing happen. There must have been 15 monsters right there, that were all Might enchanted!!!! Then, on the next level, two boss packs, in a hallway, that I was able to siphon through a doorway. Then, another boss pack and extra group, in a room, that I had to siphon through another doorway. 5th level, boss pack of Crushers in the left room, Wailers behind them. On the right, boss pack of Horned Demons. And, in the Countess's area, about 10 Crushers, it seemed, in addition to her crew.

It was crazy. I'm sure I left stuff out. It was really a long test. I can't ever remember a normal Countess run that hard. Being my Sorc lived, I'm feeling pretty confident, for now!

Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Lvl 19 Outer Cloister....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/ - Level 20 Outer Cloister
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Lightning/Cold - Level 19 Outer Cloister

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Just remember,there is no shame in falling back and returning later to the Area that is giving you trouble...

Edit:well this might take more than a Year for me to complete since my life is drastically changing every day now,don't be surprised if I don't make updates regularly...I will try to finish these Chars,but nothing is certain,will see how Real Life issues unfold...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Got all my characters to the Inner Cloister in one piece.....actually, hardly any worries, even though most had to face Pitspawn. Even the Sorc was doing pretty well. Had to finally quaff her first health pot, in the outskirts of the Inner Cloister, though, to a LE boss pack of lightning skellie mages....health got below 50 there.

Observations, at this point:

The Killer Scythe Necro is fun.....having the Master of Puppets wretched scythe drop for me towards the end of this run was a nice stroke of luck.

Not so sure about the lightning Barb. I think lightning in general just sucks in ES. Thunder Wave sure doesn't seem to do much, and Thunder Strike isn't all that impressive either. Not feeling too optimistic about the longevity here.

There's hope for the Enchantress. But, her low life at this point, scares me. If we can do something about that......maybe.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 22 Inner Cloister - Using Arctic full set
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 21 Inner Cloister - Using Autolycus full set and Supercharged Rod
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 22 Inner Cloister - Using Berserkers set
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 22 Inner Cloister - using Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Lvl 21 Inner Cloister....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/ - Level 22 Inner Cloister......Milebraga's and Autlycus sets:)
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Enchantress - Level 21 InnerOuter Cloister.....Auto set and L of Luck.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Enchantress all stats in Vit if you wanna survive the Domain...Lightning Barb is good simply cuz you got AC and can pick up Lightning Sorc for Merc for even more Dmg and safety...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 am

Don't give up on the lightning barb. You may want to shell out some points here and there into Energy to boost the damage. And IMO, the sooner you get thunder storm, the better -- one of those cast-and-forget spells that automatically strikes for you. Well, don't forget to reactivate it when the duration ends :)

Also, Ancients' Call, the sooner the better, you need that to crack the resistances. -90% is fiendishly difficult without some tweaks (Lv.36) but more or less likely you may want -100% (Lv.41) where it caps.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Oh, yeah, I always put points into Energy with any character that is doing a form of elemental damage. If melee, 2 or 3 per level up....if ranged 4. For the Barb and Sorc, definitely, usually 2, as I need some in Str, and 2 in Vitality each time. If Str gets enough, 3 into Energy. I'm temped to put more into Vitality for the Sorc, but want to elevate her fire damage.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Enchant has pathetic Dmg anyway,better go for survivability and more Phys Dmg...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Did it get nerfed a lot, along the way? I remember builds with awesome Enchant damage.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 am

All of my crew stand alive after taking down Andariel....none had much of a problem, not even the Enchantress and her 200 life.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 24 Lut Gholein - Using Arctic full set
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 22 Lut Gholein - Using Autolycus full set and Supercharged Rod
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 23 Lut Gholein - Using Berserkers set
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 24 Lut Gholein - using Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Lvl 23 Lut Gholein....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/ - Level 23 Lut Gholein.....Milebraga's and Autlycus sets:)
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Enchantress - Level 23 Lut Gholein.....Auto set and L of Luck.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:35 am

You better get more life for Enchantress ASAP...or you will have to remake her again...Act 2 has some nasty monsters,and Act 3 is not forgiving either...

Nightmare Act 4

Paladin BleedingSaint Update:
Diablo was a piece of cake with Aanna's Set,even dropped me a Perfect Spark Jewel...
Clvl 65 in Harrogath...

Barely done Act 4 since my Might Merc kept dying...
Clvl 65 in Act 5...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”