HC Challenge for myself...

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

HC Challenge for myself...

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 am

I will make a Char of each Class in HC and finish the game with em...Everyone is welcome to Join in the Challenge,there is no Scoring,there is only ONE Goal,and that is to finish the Game in HC with every Class Untwinked...

Some Rules I will be using...

1.No Shared Stash for Anybody...ALL resources and Gear must be made with a Char that needs em...so no Tweaking at ALL...Muling OFF is Allowed...

2.All Chars are considered Finished once they have killed of Nihlathakh in Hell on p/4 - p/8...Also All Special Areas are to be done on P/4 - P/8 in EVERY Difficulty with every Char...

3.All Chars must be in the Same Act in the Same Difficulty at all times while they are doing Quests...Only after Quests are done,can they Farm different Areas of Same Difficulty...(meaning once you enter Nightmare all your Chars must enter it and can no longer return to former difficulty,the same for Hell,once there,there is no turning back...)

4.If a Char Dies,He/She must be remade and played until he/she catches on to the rest of the Chars...Build has to be Changed upon Death...

5.Special Areas are a No-Go until Baal has been killed in that Difficulty...Lam Esen Tome Quest is considered Special Area only in Normal...

6.NO ESC Key to Save your Char if in Danger...

7.NO RESPEC BUTTON!!!

8.ALL(unless you need a +All Skill Forge) Maples will go into Shared Stash,there will be no Infinity preparing for the End Boss of Challenge...(and that way,even if they die,you keep the Maples they Earned for preparing the Twinked Chars)...Also All Crystals go into Shared Stash...

Now for my Chars I choose:

Amazon: WildChild - Will go for Strafe build with a Might Merc...
Skill Progression:Max Magic Arrow...pick up Valkyrie,Eagle Eye,Pierce and Strafe along the way...Max Strafe...Max Eagle Eye...Max Guided Arrow...rest in Legendary Arrow

Assassin: Tanya - MindBlast Build...Cold Rogue
Skill Progression:Max Cloak of Shadows...pick up Shadow Warrior,Fade,Dragon Flight and Mind Blast along the way...Max Command Mastery...Max Psychic Slash...Max Mind Blast...rest in Shadow Warrior

Sorceress: Venus - Twister and Masteries...Def Barb Merc...
Skill Progression:One Point Warmth...Max Twister...pick up Enchant,Energy Shield and Masteries along the way...Max Cold Mastery...Max Fire Mastery...Max Lightning Mastery...rest in Energy Shield

Necromancer: Death - Killer Scythe+Bone Armor build...Def Barb would be his companion...
Skill Progression:Max Killer Scythe...pick up Bone Armor,Corpse Explosion,Bone Wave,ALL Golems,Summon Resist,Attract,Blade Fury,Revive and Skeleton Mastery along the way...Max Bone Armor...Max Poison Slash...rest in Bone Wave

Paladin: BleedingSaint - Sacrifice+Zeal+Defensive Auras...Defensive Barb most probably...
Skill Progression:Max Zeal...pick up Prayer,ALL Resist Auras,Bear and Holy Shield along the way...Max Sacrifice...Max Vengeance...rest in Prayer

Barbarian: GRRR - Berserk+Concentrate...Maybe a Cold Sorceror would be good for him...
Skill Progression:10 Skill Points in Close Combat Mastery...pick up Berserk,Battle Command,Ancients Call,Natural Resistance along the way...Max Concentrate...17 Skill Points in Battle Command(and now it gives +4 to ALL Skills)...Max Iron Skin...Max Berserk...rest in Close Combat Mastery

Druid: Rocky - Elemental Form+Iron Claws+???...most probably Might Merc...
Skill Progression:1 Skill Point Elemental Form...10 Skill Points Shape Shifting Mastery...pick up Iron Claws.Shock Wave and Oak Sage along the way...Max Iron Claws...Max Maul...Max Elemental Form...Max Shape Shifting Mastery...rest in Shock Wave...EDIT:Decided to go Hybrid...Instead of Shock Wave I will Max Charged Claws...4 more Points in Cow for second Spirit...1 more for Heart of Wolverine...the rest will be split between EF,SM and Fire Claws...

Gonna go make them now...any suggestions for maybe some additional Restrictions???Anybody is welcome to join the mayhem...I will occasionally post a Progress Update...

Progress Updates are to be done on these Points in Game:
Act 1:
-Rescue Cain is Done - Normal
-Andariel is Killed - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
Act 2:
-Summoner is Killed - Normal
-Duriel is Killed - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
Act 3:
-Mephisto is Killed - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
Act 4:
-Diablo is Killed - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
Act 5:
-Anya is Rescued - Normal
-Baal is Killed - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
-Done the Domain on P/4 - P/8 - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
Miscelaneous
-Jackpot of any kind - Normal - Nightmare - Hell
-Amazing Drop or Craft - Normal - Nightmare - Hell

Current Progress:
Class - Name - Build Type - Current Act
Lucifer666 Characters:
Amazon - WildChild - Strafer - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Assassin - Tanya - Mind Blaster - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Sorceress - Venus - Twister - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Necromancer - Death - Killer Scythe - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Paladin - BleedingSaint - Martyr - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Barbarian - GRRR - Berserker - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5
Druid - Rocky - Elemental Form - Normal Cleared!!! Nightmare Act 5

Edit:
Billybgame Characters:
Amazon:
Assassin:
Barbarian:
Druid:
Necromancer:
Paladin:
Sorceres:

RIP
Lucifer666 :
- Amazon - 0
- Assassin - 0
- Barbarian - 0
- Druid - 0
- Necromancer - 0
- Paladin - 0
- Sorceress - 0

Billybgame :
- Amazon - 0
- Assassin - 0
- Barbarian - 0
- Druid - 0
- Necromancer - 0
- Paladin - 0
- Sorceress - 0

EDIT:edited status of chars,removed Misfulness sincqe he did not report ever,reset Billi's Death Count since he will be starting from scratch again...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 63 times in total.
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

purdypog

Re: HC Challenge for myself...

Post by purdypog » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 am

First off, my goodness your English is perfect Lucifer - very impressive as a 2nd language (I'm guessing).

Anyway, your rules will be hard enough IMHO. You are going to have to go slowly and carefully. Personally, I consider myself a good ES player after all these years of playing and I have hard enough time completing (as you describe it) one HC character twinked. If you can complete all of your characters with those rules I will be very impressed.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks,English is actually my 3-rd Language...Added 7-th Rule...

Necromancer Death Progress Update:

Well,first Boss pack I run into with him was Lightning Enchanted...Since I put Weaken on my Noob Charm,and was using the Scythe they ware no problem,after I killed Blood Raven I got a Cold Rogue(YAY)...Rescued Cain and now Clvl 14...First Five Skill Points went into Bone Armor,now putting em in Killer Scythe,will be One Pointing ALL Golems for Meat Shields and also Revive...One Point will also go to Corpse Explosion,Rest in Maxing Bone Armor,Killer Scythe and Poison Dagger...Faster Hit Recovery will be abundant that way and also I'll get 30 % DR...gotta think about what should I max after those three Skills...This way I'll have around 20 spare Skill Points...For Stats I decided to round my Dex at 50 Hard Points(put 20 in and this is done),Rest in STR,or maybe at later Levels I start with pumping VIT,gotta think about this too...

Edit: Necromancer Death is Clvl 18 and is in front of Andariel...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

gooms420

Post by gooms420 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Congrats on how far you've gotten so far with your necro, I love the updates. Please continue posting your progress, this is very awesome.

Also, a suggestion, maybe you should make some videos for youtube. This would be awesome to see some HC chars raping ES by a true pro player.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Necromancer Death Update:

Killed Andariel almost naked and now on Clvl 19,She killed my Merc and me almost,but I was faster...the only Resist that is above 10 for now is Cold...Using some Rare Trident that dropped in Cold Plains...I will have to make few Runewords for this guy in Act 2...He is now waiting for the rest of his company...For now He collected a whopping 1 Dragon Stone and 2 Ancient Scrolls,2 Decipherers and 7 Low Runes out of which 4 are I...

Now I'm gonna go run Andi with Paladin...I'm gonna try and rush all of them thru Normal,in Nightmare I will have much better chances of good drops...and I will start playing on higher player setting constantly once their gear is sub-optimal...

Edit: Paladin BleedingSaint Update:

Well,this Start was way Harder than that of Necro,when I got to Burial Grounds I was Swarmed by both a Fire Enchanted and Cold Enchanted Dark Rogue Bosses,had to run away and lure them one by one,the Cold one was taking half my Health down with one hit,and was Chilling me at the same time...For reward he got a Fire Rogue,I won't waste money on changing her...going now for Cain...

I started with Necro because he got Curses and Meat Shields right at the Start,I though Paladin will be easy because of all the Auras,Druid can Shapeshift and get lots a life for free,Sorc got Charged Bolt(OP Skill for start of game)and Twister(Stun),Amazon got Magic Arrow and Cold Arrow(they destroy early monsters),Barbarian is well a Barbarian,nuf said,and Assassin,well lets just say I made too many of those,will be no sweat to run thru Normal with Her...

EDIT: Can somebody tell me how you guys make those fancy tables for tournaments??? I want to be able to update their progress in a easy to see way which Char is where...

Well I rescued Cain,along the way my Merc died THREE TIMES!!! I think that Pally is sabotaged with that high Chance to Block,I was getting in Block Lock every few Screens...I don't like how he works with a Weapon+Shield...I am gonna go Two-Handed soon...better to receive some more Dmg than to miss with my Attacks 90% of time cuz he decided to block every single arrow and attack...

Had Luck and found Taverns Blade Unique Sabre,once I got Zeal,the going got going...now Clvl 18 standing in front of Andariel...his Resists are way better that that of Necros,so I hope that I'll be able to pull it off...

Update:
Smacked Andariel and something around 30 others there in less than a minute,and here I was worried for my poor Pally,anyway Clvl 19 and in Act 2...Next One will be..................Barbarian...GRRR...Here I come,Berserk Build...

Edit: Added another Rule...

I bite down hard

bestdnd

Post by bestdnd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:07 pm

about the pally, i think 2h is better, because sacrifice gives high %ed (best with high damage weapon), immune to phisical (negate what you're trying to do with block), and hit you for 8% of your health (so you want each hit to count).
it's as it sacrifice is designed to be done with the largest weapon you can find...

about killing andy, remember you're immune to her attacks, and she can only poison you. if you have high resist, nice leach and antidote potions, she might not be able to do anything.

on the other hand, you probably have more experience than me...

edit: now i see you already got her

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am

Yea I am Going for Sacrifice just for that,searching for some nice Spear to jam some Amethists in it so I can Rock even more with him,but hey it ain't gonna drop soon...For Him I go something like this Max Sacrifice,Max Zeal,Max Prayer,Max Vengeance,gonna pick up Bear with Hard Points,and One Point All Protection From Element Aura,also One Point All up to Holy Shield(Melle Passive for Pally),in the End I'll have 3 or 4 Spare Skill Points,that is if He gets to Clvl 100...which I doubt that is possible...too much time takes for that...

Barbarian will Be something like this Max Concentrate,Max Berserk,18 Battle Command,One Point All Warcries and Passives(except for the Lightning Part),and rest in Close Combat Mastery,He will also have Spare points on Clvl 100...I think It's gonna go good,just gotta get my hands on some nice weapon,for Melle Builds it's ALL that matters...

Edit:
Barbarian GRRR Update:
Thinking about some wacky build idea for my Barb,anyway he rescued Cain and is now Clvl 14,gonna continue tomorrow with him...

Edit: Barbarian GRRR Update:
Killed Andy with Him,decided that some points will be diverted to Iron Skin...He is now Clvl 20 and in Act 2...

Next will be Druid Rocky Balboa...He is back in the Ring!!! Rocky 1000000 !!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to watch folks... :twisted:

For Him I plan something along these lines...Max Elemental Form,Max Shapeshift Mastery,Max Iron Claws,Max Maul,pick up Oak Sage with Hard Point,rest in Shock Wave,I will not have enough to Max Shock Wave,but it does not matter cuz I will be using it for Mass Stun only... :cool:

I bite down hard

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am

HC is way easy on this mod . I admire u . Try other mods with harder HC playstyle Nezeramontias , The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening , Kingdom of Tenai . OFC u have to know the current mod well to play it on HC so I understand its really hard . Still some mods are almost unbeatable on HC (Back to Hellfire , Battle for Elements , Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow , Median Versions ).

Hard = Unbalanced - Since modders think that if they create a hard mod its balanced . And after that no balance changes occur. Well ... the most balanced I still know is Onyx's mod. Which is SUPREME . Hard from the beggining to the end . Also another thing is the problem with most mods (HC or not) . You have to grind a LOT to make things work . Well D2 is a grind game after all :D . HC makes no difference if u are careful...

PS. Still you can take this as a spam or whatever but compared to vanilla , this mod is not so hard as it looks like .
PS 2. Balance word - Modders dont care about PvP for them the mods are only for single player or MP Co-op ( Which co-op most of the time sux really hard , Since D2 doesnt provide much strategy for PvM Co-op )
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Yea,this one is easy...and I did play with ES the most so I know lots of stuff about everything here...but yea the part about grinding is the most annoying...but since I didn't play without Shared Stash for a while I find it challenging again to be without any Items and all,damn most of my Chars in this Challenge Killed Andariel with Normal Attack and Half Naked...I played most of the mods you listed,and all of them have some good points about them...in ES it becomes harder as you up the player setting(monsters get more life.damage...)but on p/1 it is something like easy,but not too easy...I find it that ES is actually the most balanced mod I played...there is only one thing I don't like here and that would be the Rainbow Prefixes and Suffixes...

Edit: Druid Rocky Update:
Now Clvl 20,killed Andy with ease as I found some Rare Axe with Ctc FO so it was easy...been using the Cow Balloon as a tank thru the entire Act 1...now in Act 2 and waiting for the female members of the crew...

Now as only the girls are left to do,I will go with Amazon now...for her I'm gonna go Max Magic Arrow,Max Strafe,Max Eagle Eye,and Max Guided Arrow,rest in Passives and Legendary Arrow if I got some spare Skill Points...for Stats I'll round my Str on 50 and rest in Dex...This way I will have strong Magic Arrow for those pesky Physical Immunes...

Edit:
Well I was screwing around with some other mods for awhile,mostly just looking which ones are worth it to be played extensively...most of those D2SE packed mods work flawlessly and are very interesting and hard...

Amazon WildChild Update:
Well I went and done DoE Quest,for now this Char has run into the most problems concerning random Bosses,Normal Throw is real weak,gonna go for Next Quest later...decided to get two Valks for this one,gonna have a Uber Decoy that way...and it is safer for me...I won't be able to max Legendary but that wont hurt me in the long run...

Edit:Amazon WildChild Update:
Went and saved Cain,now Clvl 14 and will continue tommorow,made a Mighty Bow for me,Ancient Belt and so on,mostly Gemworded equip for now,not even one decent Rare piece of equip was found for now...gotta decide soon which of the Act 2 Mercs will travel with me until I get to Might Merc...or I could wait till Act 5 and pick up a Def Barb to tank for me in the Domain...

EDIT: Thinking of dropping the rule for running Special Areas on p/8,I figure that is gonna be the Death of at least One of my Chars...maybe change it only to be between 4 and 8 players...Edited the First Post...

Edit: Amazon WildChild Update:
Went and did Andy,now Clvl 20...As I was pumping my Magic Arrow by the time I got to Andy it was no longer costing me any mana to use and was Strong enough to kill her off with 4 Magic Arrows and 1 Guided Arrow...

Next up is the Sorc Venus...Twister Build...With Gemwords and Early Runewords none of my Chars was in Danger anymore,I have done minimal Cleans of Areas(IE I didn't even do 1 Full Clear with any of my Chars for now),and everybody got at least 2 Runewords and 2 Gemwords for now,some got more(those that ware lucky enough to get a decent drop from the Countess)...Skills will be something like this,Max Twister,Max Cold Mastery,Max Fire Mastery,Max Lightning Mastery,One Point Soul Shiver,One Point Static Field and Energy Shield with Prereqs and after those I will be pumping the rest in Energy Shield for more protection...but most probably will not have enough to have a decent Energy Shield...

Edit: Damn,it is really tough with only 0,5 HP per Level...guess I'm gonna have to put a LOT of Points in VIT...damn,it is gonna cost me in Dmg,but what the Hell,better safe than sorry...

Edit:Sorceress Venus Update:
Went and saved Cain with Venus,now Clvl 14,had to spend some 20 points in VIT just so I could have more than 60 HP...Twister is going along nicely,got a Cold Rogue as Reward so she makes Life easy...

Gonna start updating the Progress of Chars only on Certain points of the Game...see the First post for details...

Did Andariel with 136 HP!!!Now in Act 2 on Clvl 20...

Well now only my Ass is left to do...Psychic Slash/Mind Blast Build with 3 Shadow Warriors,and a Cold Rogue...Skills will be Max Psychic Slash,Max Command Mastery,Max Mind Blast,Max Cloak Of Shadows,One Point in Elemental Charge Ups(FoF,BoI,CoT,PS,if Warriors decide to run into Melle) and Fade(with Prereqs) AND I will put a point in Death Sentry for some more Area Dmg and Corpse Disposal,Rest in Shadow Warrior...

Edit:Assassin Tanya Update:
Bwahahaha...I POWN with Asses(BAD PUN Intended)...Rescued Cain and on Clvl 14 now,picked up Warrior,and am now waiting for my main Skill...which I'll probably get just before I face Andy...

Edit: Dear God,I just got Shadow Slice Hatchet Hands Unique from a Might Enchantet CAVE LEAPER on Tower Lvl 4 with my ASS Tanya...that will help me A LOT in my adventures with her...yea my Luck with Assassins is amazing!!!Had to update with this info...Andy is already dead as far as I am concerned...

Killed Andy,there ware 4 more Boss Packs along side Her,and 5 groups of reviving monsters out of which 3 ware Goatmen...there must have been more than 50 monsters in Her main Chamber...I KILLED EM ALL!!!with ease...Clvl 19 and in Lut Gholein...

The Crew is again together...

AND NOW!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

ACT 2 Normal

The Super Unique at the Palace Cellar Lvl 3 just dropped a Coupon Jackpot!!!I even think there was two of same Coupons in that drop so He will be getting some better gear soon...Summoner is soon to be dead...

Bwahahaha...Killed Summoner and the bastard dropped me a Rare Targe which upped ALL my Resists for 25 8-O and a Magic Bow with Amp on Strike!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O
Clvl 24 and now preparing for Duriel...

Duriel was easy,and we are now in Act 3 on Clvl 25... 8-O
Almost ALL Resists are at 75,had luck and found Gabrielles Scale Mail Set Piece,it gives some nice bonuses so I wear it...

Next up in Act 2 will be Necro Death!!!

Edit: Necromancer Death Update:
Barely killed Summoner somehow,noticed that my Necro still don't have any kind of Amulet,crappy resists made it hard to kill the bastard,had to drink several Rejuvs while fighting him...Clvl 24 and heading for Duriel...

Barely killed of Duriel,found Rathols Scythe a bit after that,so that is my new Main Weapon,I can't just pass up +2 Necro,now in Act 3 on Clvl 25...

Next up...will be...Barbarian..,GRRR...

EDIT: Added Skill Progression for every Char on First Post,it shows how I build em up while playing and leveling exactly,so I don't have to remember it...and can serve as a guide too...

Edit:Barbarian GRRR Update:
Well,since this one got the best Rune Drops,I made Fog Armor and Composure Weapon,they helped immensely in my defeating both Summoner and Duriel(who dropped me a Treefeller Axe Unique) in a very short time...I got all this way with Double Swing on the Noob Charm...now Clvl 24 and in Act 3...

And now last man of the team board the Diablo Express...

Edit:Druid Rocky Balboa Update:
Being Chilled in Elemental Form is a Death Sentence,those Horadrim Ancients in Arcane Sanctuary and other places of Act 2 are deadly in large numbers,used Javelins and Normal Throw to dispatch them,Summoner almost killed me,if he let out one more Ice Nova I would be a goner,Duriel was very close to killing me,somehow he decided to Charge me constantly,had to drink some 6 Rejuvs before he knocked me against the Wall and thus prevented Himself to Charge me,took surprisingly long to kill the bastard...Clvl 24 and in Act 3...

Well the Girls are left behind again...Hmmm...next Act,we will reverse the Order for diversity...Well,lets do it with WildChild...

Made a Death Quiver for me,made life easy,killed both Summoner and Duriel in short time...now Clvl 24 and in Act 3...still with Fire Rogue...

Next Sorceress...

Killed both Summoner and Duriel,Summoner proved to be much more trouble than Duriel,Duriel was 3 Statics and 5 Twisters and he was gone,now in Act 3 on Clvl 24...still with Cold Rogue...

AND NOW...The Grand Finale of Act 2 Normal with Assassin...

EDIT: WTF!!! went to kill Radament and the bastard was not at the Golden Chest,no biggie said I and did a FULL Clear of Sewers Lvl 2,and he is nowhere to be found...no biggie said I and Save and Exit and start again...and again the same s**t...OK said I...Save and Exit,and turn ON Map Regeneration...went to Sewers Lvl 2 and got some kind of Skill Error while butchering some monsters...WTF!!!

Gonna try once more...Does ES have some problems when running if you got D2SE installed???

Well for now this one found the most Uniques and Sets,and therefore has very decent gear...Killed both Summoner and Duriel after the glitch has been fixed by turning ON Map Regen...Clvl 24 and in Act 3...

Well,lets do it in reverse now,first one to go will be Sorceress...

Act 3 Normal

Lam Esen Tome Quest will be done with all Chars after Baal Has Been Killed...This applies only for Normal Difficulty...

Edit: Sorceress Venus Update:
Killed Mephisto in a record time...He killed my Rogue once,and since I did not want to risk it I went back to town to resurrect Her,after She dropped Her Slow Missiles the bastard was helpless...Clvl 27 and in Act 4...

Next will be Amazon...

Edit: Amazon WildChild Update:
Wheee man.....Fanat and Extra Strong+Extra Fast mobs everywhere in Durance...for some odd reason everybody ignored my Fire Rogue and went for me and the Decoy constantly,spent more time running than shooting arrows peaple...HC is screwed up I tell ya...I fear for my Chars...the way I play...gonna Kill of at least one of them...if not more...Killed Mephi and on Clvl 27 in Act 4

Edit: Assassin Tanya Update:
Amazing...just AMAZING...it was like raining Uniques...it seems I hit a sweet spot in MF,already have CBF and full resists with Fade,Shadow Warrior destroys everything with 1 hit PS,decided to pick up Dragon Flight with Hard Points,I can't depend on Items in HC...anyway in Act 4 on Clvl 27...

And now,this time the men go last...start with Pally,he got some good gear...I figure it'll be fast and easy...

Edit:Paladin BleedingSaint Update:
Well, it was easy,a good combination of Uniques and Sets with Gemwords and Runewords resulted in OP Zeal...Clvl 27 and in Act 4...

Next Druid...he will be tough since is very slow in Elemental Form...wasted a normal Gem on trying to make a Starter Weapon and got some crap...so still using the Axe with FO on Strike...thinking of putting 4 more points in Cow so that I have 2 Oak Sages,they are now better tanks than me...

Edit:Druid Rocky Update:
Did Mephi with ease...Clvl 27 in Act 4...

Next will be Barbarian...

Still using Double Swing from Noob Charm,Mephi is down and we are in Act 4 on Clvl 27...Still with Cold Rogue,I ponder about changing her,She brings Cold,Magic,Physical and Lightning Dmg support and monsters generally leave her alone,the Cold Sorceror would bring only Cold and Physical and is much more fragile than the Rogue,but got one more Equip slot compared to the Rogue...hmmm...gonna cruise with the Rogue for now,maybe I will change her in Nightmare...or maybe I stay with Her to the bitter End...

and now only the Necro is left to do...

Edit:Necromancer Death Update:
Well,with my mini army and Bone Armor I was pretty much invincible,this Char is the first to make a LOD Unique Light Belt,coupons just go for this guy,also already got 3 Hand Axe Coupons...Mephi dropped me a Blade of the Oblivion Scythe so now we got even more Dmg...in Act 4 on Clvl 27...

Now we gonna go some Random...

Act 4 Normal

Edit:Damn,way underleveled for this area,gonna level em all to 30 on Izual then gonna continue onward...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Sun May 26, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bite down hard

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I will begin 7 chars too from tomorrow.. anyway act 1= lvl 22; act= 28-30 lvl; act=35-38lvl; act4=40+ lvl..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:56 am

Ok...list your Chars Names,Build type,Merc and their current Act and I'll add you to the First Post too...Do you like the rules???I find it quite manageable for now...Also I could swear I am seeing more Boss Packs and Champions than In SoftCore...Just take it easy,there is no time limit,and there is only one real goal actually...

Good luck...

Edit: Well,this leveling went slow...when you know you gotta do it seven times it becomes painfull...only the Assassin is left to level to 30 and we will continue with Her thru the Act 4 first...

EDIT:

Act 4 Normal

Assassin Tanya Update:
Bwahahaha...King Leoric just dropped me one more Rasputins Chestplate(the one with Res All,GF,MF),Diablo was roasted by my now TWO Shadows,and since I got Mind Blast right after King Leoric everything was generally Stunned to Death...

Clvl 30 (YES) and in Act 5!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

In HC!!! 8-O

Waiting for the more cowardly members of the crew now...

Well,with this one(and later others) I returned to base to do my First Forge...That's right I did not Forge a thing on any of the Chars Gear up to now...AHHHHH...that first Free Extra Skill Level...I totally forgot how it felt like...Anyway,King Leoric Loves ME!!!Dropped a +1 Fire Skills Rare Grand Charm!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O ...I think he would have dropped a Unique if He could...anyway killed Diablo,the bastard roasted my Merc 3 times,and in the End I killed him without Merc while he was under Slow Missiles...
Clvl 32 and in Act 5...

This was fast,Lachadan dropped me a Berserker Set Jackpot...Diablo was taken down fast...
In Act 5 on Clvl 32...

This was painfull,lost the Rogue once against Diablo...
Clvl 32 on Act 5...

If I did not have Slow Missiles at this point I would be a goner...Slowest for now,there is more running involved than shooting...apart from a War Hat with 3 Soc nothing really nice dropped...
Clvl 32 in Act 5

I bite down hard

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Wed May 15, 2013 8:37 am

I can't do a HC char because I reinstaled afresh D2 and I don't find where I put my highest chars..so for moment I play SC until one char do normal mode..

Edit1. I change on win key to can make HC chars and now my first HC char (ever) is alive.. I begin with a barb; name=Bambucea; no skils yet..I'm at BM with lvl 4 and 2 large groups with hungrydeads and gouls just in front of gate are death.. I plan to play slowly and hard every char..
One question. In rule you say all crystall go to shared.. crystalls= ruby, etc?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm

no,Crystals = Bleeding Stone and the like...you can do with Gems whatever you want...

Double Swing from the Noob Charm goes strong still,I am slowly racking up my Battle Command and Battle Orders and Shout get +5 Seconds per Hard Point in BC...Diablo was piece of cake...
Clvl 32 in Act 5...

It was a pain every time I was Chilled...gonna have to get CBF ASAP...Diablo is down...
Clvl 32 in Act 5...

Now the fun begins...who will rescue Anya First???

EDIT:

Act 5 Normal

Assassin Tanya Update: Went and saved Anya on p/3(ALL the way),nothing was able to touch me...Made a Goldarks from my Unique Stone...I think I will make a Goldark with every Char...yea,most probably...
Anyway Clvl 37 and doing preparations for the Ancients...

Well,Twister is MAXED!!!Anya is saved,those Blood Witches are gonna be my Death I reckon in Hell...
Clvl 36 and preparing for Ancients and Baal...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I bite down hard

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 pm

I just saved Cain and have already lvl 18. My barb have do ~450 damage- enough to smash everything on p8. I must work on gear very much in near future..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Nice man,just remember to play it safe...what kind of build are you going for???

Amazon WildChild Update:
Saved Anya with no problems,Def Barb is awesome,too bad I will have to change him at some point for a Might Merc...but I hope it will be OK,I already got the Normal Merc Set Weapon so just two more pieces and we have some basic gear for him...
Clvl 37...

I bite down hard

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm

For barb I play with concentrate..1 point in every pasive skills; one in shout, 1+ on BO; 1+? in comander

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 am

OK...

Barbarian GRRR Update:
Soon we will have +3 Skills from BC,the Knights in Frozen River(or whatever the place where Anya is) are dangerous in close combat,best taken on one by one with use of War Cry...
Clvl 37...

Rescued Anya with no big problems,with all Resists maxed after the Scroll was obtained...
Clvl 37...

Rescued Anya...this Char is the only one I have done this part of Act 5 on P/1...I got bored so I wanted to hurry thru it...
Clvl 35...

Rescued Anya...Bone Armor at this point is godly...Did the entire run for Anya on P/3(with all Chars I've done everything in Act 5 for now on P/3,except for Druid)...Still with Cold Rogue...I am starting to think that maybe she would suit me better than the Barb...
Clvl 37...

Throne Room Normal

Killed off Baal and minions,now this Char is free to roam the Special Areas in Normal...had to use Dragon Talon at some points for mana leech,but it goes well...The first one to take down Baal in Normal...MindBlasters are frighteningly strong I tell ya...
Clvl 42...

Killed off Baal and minions with ease,Zeal is Maxed,now pumping Sacrifice...Found Bul-Kathos Rage Maul Unique,that will be my new weapon soon...
Clvl 43...

Became a Sagus...The Council Minions in Baal's Chamber(Worldstone Chamber) are very dangerous with Frozen Orbs...Decided to put 4 more points in Energy Shield(then I will have 5 Hard Points in it),and to divert the rest of the points dedicated to Energy Shield into Telekinesis...
Clvl 41...

Edit: Barbarian GRRR Update:
Done Baal...still using Double Swing from the Noob Charm...
Clvl 42...

Dang it,those Frenzytaurs will be my death some day...anyway they ware the only real threat there...Baal was easy...
Clvl 42...

Became a Life Stealer(or something like that)...again those Council Members dare shoot those bleeding FO's on me,and again I barely survived the barage...anyway...
Clvl 41...

Did it...barely...I really have to replace that Mighty Long Bow I've been using since Act 1...
Clvl 43...

Special Areas Normal

Well for now,this one is the only able to run these Areas on more than p/4...with the others I'll do some more farming before entering the Lost Farm and the like...anyway Ass powns...

WOHHHHHOOOOOOO....Done the Domain and all areas before that on P/5!!!MetalSpark was the most dangerous of the lot...Nihla went down easy...Some of the Bosses dropped me a Hands of the Assassin,the only Socketed piece of my gear for now,also I have only one Forge for now,gotta work on Forging in Nightmare...
In Nightmare on Clvl 54...

Also I am thinking of dropping the rule for putting Organs in Stash...some of those would be very usefull if amassed...yea...will drop it...see the first post...

Well,I tried,but in Nowhere,a Boss pack of Izual Ghosts was just beyond a corner,and I decided to take a stroll back to the town before I get toasted...Mission "Kill Nihla" aborted for now...Gotta level a couple more levels first before I venture onward...

YAY!!! Killed everything that moved in the Domain on p/5...my Barb sports all Runeword Equip,Maven in a Lochaber Axe(Exceptiona) and a whopping 350-7500 Dmg with Concentrate...somehow managed to drag Metalspark and Wywerns Packs to attack me one by one...also Motoko's Amulet was a Life Saver in front of Nihla...now have 3 pieces of Kain's Set in Stash,hoping for one more at least before I switch to that...
In Nightmare on Clvl 53...

Current setup is Bul-Kathos Rage Maul with Sacrifice and Concentration on primary,Malice(got RIP) War Scepter with Zeal and Annihilation on secondary...RIP is a MUST in the Domain,I plan on taking bosses out with the Maul,and Malice is for Nihla...low dmg on Scepter thou...

I did it...plan worked out nicely,merc died a lot thou...
Clvl 54 and in Nightmare...

God Damn my Hit Recovery in Ele Form...He is just so freaking SLOW...gotta stay out of Domain for a couple more levels...

YES!!!It is done...on p/5...had luck and found Gilded Spikes War Javelin somewhere in Naraku,also was surprised when 4 Uniques dropped from one of the Golden Chests close to Nihla...
Clvl 53 and in Nightmare...

Twister is AWESOME!!!Made a Psychic Helm for me,boosted Telekinesis was actually able to take down Nihla Minions,the True Nihla had to suffer from Twister...somehow everybody ignored me and went for my Merc...lucky for me as I don't even have 700 HP!!! 8-O
Clvl 53 and in Nightmare...

Damn,I somehow managed to get a map of Naraku 1 WITHOUT a freaking Waypoint!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

Tried to do it in one run,but had to run away from Nowhere...after the run,I Forged my First Jewel!!!Gonna continue tomorrow...OH AND also She got exactly 666 HP right now without Mercs BO!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

YAY...Everything in the Domain was a victim of my Strafe and Slow Missiles combo...Collected some 10 different set pieces while getting to Nihla...nice...
Clvl 54 and in Nightmare...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue May 28, 2013 2:07 am

Well, Path of Exile interest waned for me(not a fan of their race system, and all the crashes).

Just been playing Icewind Dale, etc. Figured it might be time to actually finish all these great games I own that I never played!

But, you know I love these ES tourneys and challenges. I might join you guys. However, it would have been so much more fun to be able to share a stash, but only with the items these 7 find. Create a new shared stash, like we did in a prior tourney. That would have been neat. Anyhow, I'm pondering it.

Edit:

Alright....I started my gang....one at a time, here, though. I will go alphabetically, so my Amazon went first....the usual carefulness to start, but got a elemental helper gem right away, so that boosted confidence. Didn't see any rules about not rerunning or anything, so redid Corpsefire a number of times. Meanwhile, tried gambling Autolycus, to no avail. I'm way under 5%! But, at level 8, Corpsefire dropped the Arctic set for me!:) A young Zon will take that!:) I'll probably do all these characters to level 8 then onward. As long as they are ok on p5.

Anyhow:

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow
Assassin: tbd...melee of some sort
Barb: thinking Thunder
Druid: elemental/summoner
Necro: melee scyther
Pal: thinking F of H(haven't done it in a very long while)
Sorc: thinking Enchantress

I'm probably a sucker for punishment. I've tried a number of these before, and failed miserably....namely the melee Necro, and Enchantress. Even think I tried to start a Thunder Barb, and he died real quick. But, would like to be successfull at these so called viable builds. HC may not be the best spot for it, though:( But, we shall see. If they don't work out, back to the drawing board, I figure.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes you can rerun as much as you want,my own Melle Necro is the last remaining to do the Special Areas in Normal,damn I too wish I did not put that rule for not sharing gear cuz of Him...he is strong but the lack of HP will be my death when I get to some of those real Heavy Hitters...

Edit:GOD DAMN MY NECRO!!! Had to run away from Nowhere AGAIN!!!UGGGHHH...god damn those Izual Ghost Boss Packs,this is the third time I had to run away cuz the basterds spawned right in front of the damn stairs...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Yes you can rerun as much as you want,my own Melle Necro is the last remaining to do the Special Areas in Normal,damn I too wish I did not put that rule for not sharing gear cuz of Him...he is strong but the lack of HP will be my death when I get to some of those real Heavy Hitters...

Edit:GOD DAMN MY NECRO!!! Had to run away from Nowhere AGAIN!!!UGGGHHH...god damn those Izual Ghost Boss Packs,this is the third time I had to run away cuz the basterds spawned right in front of the damn stairs...
I've lost so many tourney characters due to that very thing. Hardest part in the whole game, methinks.

Updated list:

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 9 Cold Plains WP
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Druid: elemental/summoner
Necro: melee scyther

Edit: Added my Barb and while I haven't liked my luck gambling for Autolycus, I could not believe my luck with my Barb, as on his very last Corpsefire run, a set jackpot of the Barb set!!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal. I recall one of the more recent tourneys not getting a set jackpot in forever, and I got two with the first 3 characters here. I shouldn't jinx myself talking about it!:)

But, again, wow....that's the best ES luck I've had in very long time. Think my Barb will be set for some time to come. Onward ho.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 am

Don't get relaxed...I think I've been seeing more Boss packs and Champions than before...maybe HC is supposed to be harder???

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed May 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Don't get relaxed...I think I've been seeing more Boss packs and Champions than before...maybe HC is supposed to be harder???
That's funny....as I went through 20k last night, with my level 5 and 6 Druid, who had luck finding coupons, and didn't get a single set or unique boot or light belt, I was wondering if gambling was broken:) I did reinstall the game, awhile back....maybe my gambling is broken! 5%, I am not seeing. I realize, maybe I'm too low a level for the unique counterparts....

Edit already: Wow.....then I go back to get MickeyRourke to level 8 and his merc, and one p1 Corpsefire run later, I get a coupon, rack up some more $, and very first boot is the Autolycus. Few thou later, I get the belt. Pays to complain:)

Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Level 9 Cold Plains WP

Something I'm finding very odd.....my Necro wasn't using any mana using Killer Schythe....not complaing, but I have no mana steal....do have 4 mana after kills, but that usually doesn't work that well.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Well KS is 4 mana per use,maybe you always kill something...)))

Necromancer Death Update:
NIHLA IS DOWN!!! OOOOHHHHHHHHH yea...
Clvl 54 and in Nightmare

Nightmare Act 1

Went and saved Cain,Fade even thou a one point wonder is very helpfull,the Super Unique guarding the Tree of Inifus dropped me a Lothars Will GC!!!! 8-O

Went and did Andy,no point in farming Act 1...
Act 2 on Clvl 55

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 am

Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast/Golems/? - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Level 9 Cold Plains WP
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/ - Level 8 Cold Plains WP
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Lightning/Cold - Level 9 Cold Plains WP

All 7 have been birthed and are in the Cold Plains.

Hemmed and hawed, and decided an Enchantress was way too much a glass cannon for HC learning. Dare say I've never tried a lightning sorc in ES, as I felt lightning was nerfed from vanilla. Or, enemies were tougher, or some such thing. But, with so few immunes to it, I'll give it go. Might go with a Holy Fire act 2 merc, to help with those immunes, and go Cold on the side, as well. But, mainly Lightning.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Lightning,man you are in deep s**t...especially at the Cow Level...I mean,Normal and Nightmare should be no prob,but what are you gonna do about Metalspark and Hell???

Went and did Act 1,my AR is starting to suck,gotta get my hands on ITD...
Clvl 54 and in Act 2

Well,got a Rumour of Pain off of one Boss Pack in Dark Wood,that will be very usefull for my Cold Rogue or Cold Sorceror if I decide to change my Rogue(She is too usefull to change her for now)...gonna kill of Andy soon...

Killed off Andy...
Clvl 54 in Act 2

Did Act 1...Maul is Maxed...
Clvl 54 in Act 2

Found a Socketed Exceptional Amazon Bow...Did Andy somehow...Andy ignored both my Merc and Valkirye and so I had to run around in circles till I killed her...
Clvl 55 in Act 2

Hehehe...one of the lowly Fallen type in Tristram dropped me a Lothars Will!!! This is the Second Char to find a Unique Charm...Andy was kind to me and dropped me a Barb Set Normal Armor and so my Merc has a full Set now,which helps a lot...
Clvl 54 in Act 2

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”