Corrupt Shared Stash.

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lamatik

Corrupt Shared Stash.

Post by Lamatik » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

After playing ES for atleast a year (not all the time) I've accumulated A LOT items, I do mean A LOT I have almost every set and most uniques along with some very rare stuff inside my SHARED stash. Now... I have 3 backups per character BUT! I never actually assumed that my shared stash can get kaputt, stupid me I guess. I've done plenty of investigating on the matter. I can give a description on exactly what happened, if that's needed. I did NOT do any modding/messing/editing or anything remotely close to that, though. I've tried some stuff to fix it, even System Restore but my 2004 PC for some reason refuses to restore... I've also heard of rollbacking characters (Is that on B.net only ?) so maybe stashes, too. If anyone can do that or tell me how to do it I'll be very glad. Any other method is greatly appretiated!
Just a note, it currently gives "Unable to enter game, bad header" when I try to use it.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Corrupt Shared Stash.

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm

You have a Backup Folder inside your ES SAVE Folder,open it,you will see "_LOD_Shared_Stash.sss.001" and so on,those are backups,to use them,copy them somewhere else,open the Rename Option and remove the 00x from the end of the File Name...NOW it should be "_LOD_Shared_Stash.sss",now put it in your Save Folder replacing your old file...there you go,experiment with the Back Ups to see which one is the most recent...

Edit: Also Shared Stash can not be corrupted...trust me,I am a Pack Rat and I have something like 500 pages of Shared Stash full,and the game just loads my Chars slower...

Edit: And OH where are my manners...welcome to the Keep!!!Have a nice day...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Lamatik

Post by Lamatik » Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

There is a backup folder in my saves, but I made it. There was non before it.
There is one in the ES folder (Which is not where my saves were automatically saved!) and it only includes D2sUtil.exe and backup folder, which is empty. As for the stash. I am not expert. But yesterday morning, as I turned the game - I opened the shared stash and it was empty. It was very odd. I restarted the game - nothing. As I exited the game it gave an error, something like "Unable to re/create saved stash" or something like that but DID NOT close the game. After the reset of the game, there was a popup from Eastern Sun - Saying that the original D2.exe was corrupt, on quote.
I reinstalled the original game - Nope...
Where my SharedStash save was another file, with extenstion .ss~ (yes with a "~") which was created today. The normal .SSS file, is 17kb big and was Unmovable/Deletable/Copiable. I got {filtered} and shut down the PC, when I turned it on again - It wanted to ChkDsk.exe as it searched it did something to the file, I don't know what exactly, some moving I think. And when I entered the game exactly after it said "Unable to enter game, bad header" That is all. So I believe it is corrupted, correct me if I am wrong.
The last thing I did before the Sharestash items dissapeared was: Playing on my new toon Assassin, I died, exited game got my corpse and I either Alt + F4'd or closed game normaly, can't recall. Don't think I can give any more information.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:26 pm

How come your BackUp Folder from ES Save folder is empty??? That is the Question here...Mine is full with Back Up files for all my Chars and I got something like 5 different Back Up files for my Stash and I didn't have to do anything...maybe you accidentally clicked on Stash Switcher???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Lamatik

Post by Lamatik » Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm

No, I have not clicked the Stashswitcher (I tried it after it, though) It's not functional at all, if I am using the 'corrupted' or what ever SharedStash.
Anywho, why are there none ? I don't know. I've played ES twice. Now and the before that when I played it they were at the same place, not in the ES folder but rather in my original D2. And there is no auto backup of them, that's why I have 3 of everything else, but not the stash. I can deploy screenshots and stuff you want. I am using an ancient WinXP if it matters.
Oh and thanks for the welcoming, you people look like you know what you're doing, that's why I came here.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Hmmm...sorry,but you gonna have to wait for an answer from somebody more knowledgeable than me then...

I bite down hard

Lamatik

Post by Lamatik » Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Okay, I'll wait. *patience*
I just hope there is such a person.

Return to “Eastern Sun”