ES R6D 3.00: ama magically became level 100! help!

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

medicated

ES R6D 3.00: ama magically became level 100! help!

Post by medicated » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:39 pm

i hopped into a LAN game with a friend and noticed about 5 minutes in that she had went from level 39 to level 100. i don't have any recent backups for her that work. someone please tell me this glitch is easily solvable.

i went into a single player game, killed 1 monster and went from level 100 to level 1. I restored the backup of the level 100 char.

medicated

Re: ES R6D 3.00: ama magically became level 100! help!

Post by medicated » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

i unfortunately had to fix the character using a char editor. is this a common glitch? what causes it?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Unknown...I am on these forums for years now and I never heard of it...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

bestdnd

Post by bestdnd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Here's a theory. I never tried it, but heard it works this way.
your friend (who hosted the game) changed the game files on his machine, making level 100 require less xp (typically, need only 1 xp).
you joined in, at level 39, and xxxxx xp.
someone killed a monster, and you got xxx xp, meaning you have more than needed to get to level 100.
the game updates your level to be 100, and xp to be the max (ie 1).
you leave (at level 100, with 1 xp), and start a local game (with your original files)
now you kill a monster, and get (say 5) xp, so you have 6 xp (you already had 1...), which means you need to be level 1.

It's not a glitch, it's a hack. anyone can do it (no need for special programs). re-installing the mod (or do you need to reinstall diablo as well?) or changing the files back will get everything right again.
your friend should know how to do it.

some modders use this to test stuff, or remove something unwanted. I think Lucifer666 used it once to temporarily remove a magic mod that he found annoying (to allow other desirable magic mods to appear more often, making better crafts easier to get). Note that no one here can enforces using the original mod files, but it's still considered cheating, and most think it's not as much fun to play with.
More info about it, you can get in the mod-making forum in this site. they have good guides there

Edit: The change in the the file "experience.txt". removing magic prefix is in "MagicPrefix.txt" and suffix in "MagicSuffix.txt".
These and the rest of the files are explained in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34455

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 am

ACTUALLY...that mod was spawning but was invisible just so you know,that I did not get any better items that I would normally,it was just invisible since I removed the details from the TXT files...just so you know bestdnd it was not my intention to ever cheat,and acousing me of that is real low man...you should ecamine the mod making process before jumping to conclusions...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

bestdnd

Post by bestdnd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:03 am

Didn't mean to say you cheated, and as I said, I'm not sure how it works anyway.
Also, you said somewhere you don't use the changed files, including not in tournaments, so you have the same conditions as everyone else, and so you didn't cheat.
All I said was in hopes to help the OP understand what happened.

My opinion on the tournament doesn't even matter anyway, as I'm not part of it.

Just chill out..

Edit: and I started to write my first replay before I saw you wrote one

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:15 am

bestdnd" wrote:
some modders use this to test stuff, or remove something unwanted. I think Lucifer666 used it once to temporarily remove a magic mod that he found annoying (to allow other desirable magic mods to appear more often, making better crafts easier to get). Note that no one here can enforces using the original mod files, but it's still considered cheating, and most think it's not as much fun to play with.
More info about it, you can get in the mod-making forum in this site. they have good guides there

Edit: The change in the the file "experience.txt". removing magic prefix is in "MagicPrefix.txt" and suffix in "MagicSuffix.txt".
These and the rest of the files are explained in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34455

You see,you obviously didn't read what I wrote concerning the entire idea of editing the txt files...I used the changed TXT file(one file) in which i just deleted the lines of Rainbow suffix for a hour or so and was using it to roll a Eth Matriarchal Pike(spear whatever) without that bleeding mod...I found out thou while rerolling that actually I did not remove the mod from the game,the mod was still spawning but was invisible...

Rverything is explained in my previous posts on the matter and I have no desire nor need to repeat myself,but note that the way you put out the Quoted post is Offensive towards me...and I do feel Offended cuz of such things,yea like I would be freaking wasting my time helping out unknown people so that they can play the game more easy and better while I myself am CHEATING???

Gimme a break man and don't say such stupid things in the future...

Edit: This has gone Off topic totally,there are more stuff involved in the Editing of Txt files,unforunately it is not as simple as editing a txt file...if nobody is able to give a RESPONSE to the first post of this thread,don't reply at all...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”