can't equip armor?

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

horrendous

can't equip armor?

Post by horrendous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:37 am

EDIT: for some reason i had to increase my strength 20 points past the requirements of the armor. but it's fixed now. i will contact a moderator to have this thread deleted.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: can't equip armor?

Post by Firesnake » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:30 am

Let me guess: The Armor you were wearing had +x to Strength on it, exaclty 20 more than the one you were trying to equip.

This is a normal behavior and not specific to Eastern Sun. Whenever you are trying to replace a piece of Armor it will fail if changing the gear will lower your stats below the requirements of the piece you are trying to equip.

On the other hand, armor can "carry itself". This means that if you have 100 str and you want to wear a piece of armor which requires 120 str and has +30 str, you can equip a ring with +20 str, then put on the new armor. Your total str is then 150. Now take off the ring and you will be down to 130 str. You can now wear the armor even though the str you need to wear it comes from the armor itself. If you take it off, you won't be able to put it back on unless you get additional str from a different place. This also causes the Armor to be invisible to any other players in a multiplayer game, causing the "naked char bug".

Many characters who get all their str from items look naked, sometimes you don't even see their weapons. This can also cause difficulties when picking up your corpse, since some items may not be put back on and end up in your inventory instead due to str requirements. If your inventory is full, this can cause you to pick up only half of your items and the rest will remain in the corpse. Once you die again, your gear will be spread over two corpses. The worst case scenario is leaving a game where you have multiple corpses. The game will put the corpse into your next game which contains the items of the highest vendor value and delete the rest, so be careful when your stats are close to the lower limit of the requirements of gear. This problem is somewhat more present in Eastern Sun since it is very easy to get all your str from items and never invest any points.

This is why it is best to put str jewels into charms and rings/amus to get all the str you need for the rest of your bear from places where no str is required to equip items.

Return to “Eastern Sun”