downgrading to 1.11b

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

downgrading to 1.11b

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed May 24, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi guys! Wow...how long has it been for me? Lol. Don't answer that. I have been enjoying D3 since it came out in 2012, and am looking forward to the upcoming Necromancer, but want to show a friend D2 and all that Eastern Sun has to offer. So, I reinstalled D2, the LOD expansion and the game patched up to 1.14 automatically.

I found an old 1.11b patch here...

http://www.patches-scrolls.com/diablo2_ ... uction.php

But, the game will not allow me to use it saying my game already has a newer patch. What do I do?
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: downgrading to 1.11b

Post by devurandom » Thu May 25, 2017 3:39 am

Note: this method work if the installation was from original CD. It's reported that it does not work with the
Diablo II (Full) Digital Download version from us.battle.net

download old game.exe from blizzard
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/ ... me-lod.zip
Then replace your game.exe with this game.exe, then you can downgrade to 1.11b.
Download it here http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/ ... h_111b.exe
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 am

I run ES and the latest patch Metro, there's no need to downgrade

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 am

Running Es on any version but 1.10 or 1.12a (separate installation) will result in missing a few features. However, it is arguable if those features are necessary or not. I once tried to port the mod to 1.13c and everything worked flawless, beside whatever I tried I couldn't get the uberlevel working ...

@topic: I believe there's a guide somewhere on the snej and median xl forums, on how to downgrade from 1.14a.

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:36 am

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:Running Es on any version but 1.10 or 1.12a (separate installation) will result in missing a few features. However, it is arguable if those features are necessary or not. I once tried to port the mod to 1.13c and everything worked flawless, beside whatever I tried I couldn't get the uberlevel working ...

@topic: I believe there's a guide somewhere on the snej and median xl forums, on how to downgrade from 1.14a.

Cheers
AlphA

Alpha, what features are missing?
I'm going from the original R6D install, which I understood ports everything to 1.10.

I didn't bother with the 1.12 patch because when it first came out some goat lords couldn't be targeted and I just gave up on it.
I don't use the D2SE patch because in single player it misses out on some quest skill points.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am

I don't use the D2SE patch because in single player it misses out on some quest skill points.
You would miss them in any version but 1.10 or 1.12a for example. Beside the fully equiple merc and gem fix. You can get a semi fully equiple merc softcoded though.

Well if the original ES installation has all 1.10 files it should just downgrade it. But then that's also a lot of not needed files in the download.

Cheers
AlphA

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Thu May 25, 2017 11:42 am

Hmmmm...I suppose I could try anyway. Yeah I bought these off the store, so it's not discs -- they're Blizzard downloads.

-------------

EDIT: Yeah, it's not working: I double clicked on the desk icon of ES and nothing happens. I have no physical CD - again, it was a download from the Blizzard store. Anyways, no biggie -- on a totally different note my friend cannot join my game. I tried hosting a TCP/IP game and she keeps getting the "cannot join server" message. She is on windows 10 and I am on Windows 7. She said she turned off firewall stuff, but it still gives her the message. Not sure what is going on.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Use Hamachi or something similar to have no issues with firewall.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Metropolis Man" wrote:EDIT: Yeah, it's not working: I double clicked on the desk icon of ES and nothing happens. I have no physical CD - again, it was a download from the Blizzard store. Anyways, no biggie -- on a totally different note my friend cannot join my game. I tried hosting a TCP/IP game and she keeps getting the "cannot join server" message. She is on windows 10 and I am on Windows 7. She said she turned off firewall stuff, but it still gives her the message. Not sure what is going on.
If you are behind a NAT or router etc, your computers IP might not be your public IP; you can use various sites to check your public IP. If all else fails, you'll need something to tunnel like Hamachi as J'P suggested.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Necrolis" wrote:
Metropolis Man" wrote:EDIT: Yeah, it's not working: I double clicked on the desk icon of ES and nothing happens. I have no physical CD - again, it was a download from the Blizzard store. Anyways, no biggie -- on a totally different note my friend cannot join my game. I tried hosting a TCP/IP game and she keeps getting the "cannot join server" message. She is on windows 10 and I am on Windows 7. She said she turned off firewall stuff, but it still gives her the message. Not sure what is going on.
If you are behind a NAT or router etc, your computers IP might not be your public IP; you can use various sites to check your public IP. If all else fails, you'll need something to tunnel like Hamachi as J'P suggested.
Ah...yeah, I did not even think about that. Thank you, Necrolis.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:42 am

Wow.....a Metro Man sighting!
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

SNinaNina

Post by SNinaNina » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 am

Wow. Never thought we'd see you here again. Hope you're doing well. Also glad that you're showing people the wonders of D2 since D3 isn't exactly hospitable to mods and such. It's a pity because I feel like really awesome things could be done with D3. I say this never having played it but as they say, if you build it, they will come. Or in this case, if you mod it, they will come.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:24 am

OMG Metro is back ... now that's what I call a hiatus ...
good to see you back man! Hope life has treated you well!
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 am

wasn't there a mini cd .iso somewhere on the Eastern Sun page which just contained the security info to simulate the disk?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 pm

If you use Windows 10, set your compatibility for Game.exe, Eastern Sun launcher, Vid_test.exe and Diablo II.exe (both base and ES) to Windows 7 (or XP SP3).
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Return to “Eastern Sun”