Original Legacy of the Horadrim Thread

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:30 am

I used my old necro, and he seems to be missing a few skills, those that I have in my tome arent even all coming up....so right now I am missing quite a few summons...any ideas? Should I start a new character?
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Legacy of the Horadrim

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:40 am

old saves are broken with 1.4b. you shouldn't be seeing your old saves at all though as I changed the save directory ... weird.

[EDIT: Hopefuly the new archive will work properly, I've updated the link at the top of the thread. I have to hit the sack for now, I'm gonna cross my fingers. If 1.4b still doesn't work for anyone let me know, and I'll fix it tomorrow when I get home.]

[EDIT 2: Actualy If you guys could let me know if it DOES work I'd apritiate it :) I really need a better protocol for releases. ]

--Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44 am

actually, save path was changed and all, I just ported my characters over...jumped the gun and didnt read the changelog...I do that from time to time...my fault really! :)

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 am

That's good to hear. I guess I'm a little paranoid about it now, concidereing what happened with 1.2 :)

--Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Yopurzag

Post by Yopurzag » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:08 am

The mod looked very promissing... but it is taking a different path. I hope u can make a nice work anyway... and get a use for those empty and useless skill trees.
Last edited by Yopurzag on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 am

Ok I completely reinstalled Diablo II and updated to LOD v1.10 Final. It is still giving me the same problem :x :x :x

Is there something you want me to send you? Or do you think you know the problem?
"Do You Serve a Purpose, or Purposely Serve?"
Working on Secret Project!
I am always willing to beta test for anyone just PM me.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:18 am

[quote=IndianaMaggot";p="287907"]
Ok I completely reinstalled Diablo II and updated to LOD v1.10 Final. It is still giving me the same problem
[/quote]

It sounds like there's a problem with the data tables (.bin files) They apear to work fine for me and at least one other person though, so it may be that they just arn't loading properly. Here are a few things That could cause that:

Did you follow the instructions for installing D2Mod? If not, this would most likely be the problem.
(copy D2Mod.dll and D2ModSetup.bat to your diablo II directory and run D2ModSetup.bat. This alters one of the Dlls so that it will load D2Mod. You can run the bat file again to uninstall it.)

MAke sure you have all of the dlls listed in the readme (there are a few new ones since last release)

The shortcut "start in" folder (should be c:\program files\diablo II\LotH most likely)

If you unziped the mod over the old copy you could try deleting the LotH directory and re-extracting the files.

If none of these work, I'm not sure what to try next. If it's still broken, send me your crash log (it's in the d2 folder and should be named something like"CRASH D2040901.txt") If there's more than one send me the one with the most recent date.
--Quatl

[EDIT: Just in case you missed the post when the page changed. I did a recompile of the mod when you first reported your problem. Tthe link on the first page points to the recreated zip.]
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

kmwill23

Post by kmwill23 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:32 am

Doh! No more uber powerful characters =) I guess it's a needed balance though!

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:44 am

Two things, that came to my mind, while playing through the first levels with my Necrobarbarian ;).

1. With the new skillsystem and without some questrewards you are missing at least 12 skillpoints. Maybe you could make an item for those questrewards which reduces the levelrequirement of the tome by one or two points.

2. While my raise skeleton skill is considered an item based skill, I lose all my skeletons on every levelup. Is there a workaround for this?
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:27 pm

[quote=Phlebiac";p="287946"]Two things, that came to my mind, while playing through the first levels with my Necrobarbarian ;).

1. With the new skillsystem and without some questrewards you are missing at least 12 skillpoints. Maybe you could make an item for those questrewards which reduces the levelrequirement of the tome by one or two points.

2. While my raise skeleton skill is considered an item based skill, I lose all my skeletons on every levelup. Is there a workaround for this?[/quote]

Necrobarb huh? sounds interesting :)

RE:#1:I would like to address the missing points from quests, i'm not sure exactly how yet. One thought is to have the book of skill be cube-able somehow into special skill scrolls that don't add to the level req of the tome (most likely book + normal skill scroll --> one (or more) special scroll for that skill.) This would be a bit more complicated than it sounds though. I have a couple other things I'm experimenting with. Characters may also start with such a "special" skill scroll in the future.

Keep in mind that as you don't need prereq skills you in effect have a few more skill points ( for example you don't have to put a point into raise skelleton to get points in skeleton mage.)

RE:#2:Speaking of skeletons, I agree it's anoying to have to resummon everything when you upgrade the Tome. I think it works this way to prevent you from equiping an item with summon skill plusses, summoning critters, and then equiping something else. (in other words cheating ;) ) We may have to live with the anoyance.

[quote=kmwill23";p="287936"]
Doh! No more uber powerful characters =) I guess it's a needed balance though![/quote]
:) True, when I first started on the mod, the plan was roughly, "heavy custom item crafting" (because Sir General went MIA, and I loved his rune mod) pluss unifying the classes' skill lists (because I was pretty bored with them after playing D2 so much , and i thought it would be more interesting than makeing my own set of new classes to get bored with). The Tome arose as a comprimise solution to the second part. I was never very happy with the uberness. I think in the long run, it's probly more fun without the uber ;) At least for me, I get bored eventualy when things are too easy.

--Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Do you looking now for a final Version ?

I'am interesting to translate your mod in german, of course with your permission.

I like this mod, because with the new offered Tome-Levelsystem, we can make every class we want.
And the only thing originaly D2 isn't comlete, is crafting. But this mod allows crafting what ever want.
Last edited by Jounk33 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:01 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="287970"]
Do you looking now for a final Version ?

I'am interesting to translate your mod in german, of course with your permission.

I like this mod, because with the new offered Tome-Levelsystem, we can make every class we want.
And the only thing originaly D2 was not comlete, is crafting. But this mod allows crafting what ever want.
[/quote]
It would be nice if people could play the mod who don't read english.

The tables are in the mod archive If you wanted to translate them and give them to your friends I certainly don't mind. I'm not really possesive about things like that ;)

Most of the changed strings are at the bottom of patchstring.tbl however some other strings are altered too. I havn't counted them but I think there are around 150 or so. You could export most of them from patchstring and import them into the german table (I think) and then translate them in place. That would catch most of them. I'd recomend waiting a while though for the following reasons:

The string tables are not what I would call "clean" there is alot of old crap in there from various experiments that didn't pan out. I havn't gotten around to removeing them. Translateing these strings would be a waste of time, and worse I might reuse them for something else, makeing your translations popup in odd places.

As for includeing translations in the official release, I don't think I'd like to pursue that untill the mod is more stable.

There is a lot of string work left to do (I plan to have every skill scroll show the skill discription. Similar to what used to show on the skill tree mouse overs. This will add a huge nomber of strings, since I don't think I can just "steal" the old ones because of formating problems)

Other structures I'm useing for some text may still change a few times, I'd hate for you to have to translate everthing over and over :)

Lastly; I would not be able to offer suport for non-english readers, should they encounter problems or have questions about the mod. As I've been too lazy to learn any other languages.

By the way, when the mod is closer to "complete", I'm planing to release all the source files anyhow for people to learn from. You may want to wait untill then.

That you would ask to do a translation is a big complement :) thank you! You must really like it to want to do something like that to help out.

--Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:33 pm

It's true,
I like such kind of mods.
The most mods comes with tones of new uniquire and sets, and special map and storychanges. Thay all become a little boring after two games.
So I've looking always for mods that makes the game as alternation as possible.

Okay, I'am waiting for a final Version of LotH for the german translation.

EDIT:
Version 1.4b seems not to work for me.
I have no Loth Startitems(Cube, Tome) and all drops are normal D2 Equipment.
All files listed in Readme are in the LotH folder. And I changed the shortcut as discriped.
The previous version works fine.
Last edited by Jounk33 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Did you copy the d2mod file and the bat file to your rootfolder and start the bat?
I missed that one too.

ZyEl Wiki

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:52 pm

D2mod.ini and dll and the setup.bat are in the LotH folder.
Must I start the bat ?
That is not discriped in the readme.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:25 pm

I know. It was in the first readme and since it did not work without it, I tried it again et viola, it works.
You have to copy the d2mod.dll and the setup.bat to your normal D2 folder and execute the setup.bat. I don't know, what it does, but after that, Legacy works for me.
After playing, you can simply run the setup.bat again and play other mods or whatever you like.

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:37 am

That pesky readme file :)

I just re-re-re-edited it to explain about D2Mod. Hopefuly there won't be any more people confused about it after the next update.

It seems I had an old version of the readme lurking around, and my batch file was copying it from the wrong place.

I apoligize for my incompetence there folks.

[Edit]
the procedure is:
Copy d2Mod.dll and D2ModSetup.bat to your Diablo II folder. Run D2ModSetup.bat to install D2Mod.

(This will alter your D2 Instalation so that D2Mod can load the plugins used by LotH. To remove it simply run D2ModSetup.bat again)
[End of Edit]

--Quatl

PS: Beta v1.4a will be released in a few hours, it shouldn't break the saves I don't think but it might. (includes a fix for a potential crash issue)
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:53 am

Okay finaly it works. Thanks

Maybe that in Act1 more scrolldrops are necerssary.
My Testnecro recive no scroll before Andariel and have low money to pursache one.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:25 pm

I think the problem is not enough gold. Since staves/scepters/daggers no longer drop with skill modifiers, a major source of income is missing.

I think I'll drop the scroll the scroll prices more drasticaly. Then add another item to the cube recipies for other item skill enchanting that is expensive.

That way geting skills on the Tome will be almost free, but adding skill activations or charges will stay expensive.

This will take me a little while to put together. Probly a few days.
--Quatl

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:56 pm

I am still having issues with the tome, when I went to put in summon wolves on my druid, it jumped the req lvl 6 lvls....from 3 to 9, and I was only 7 at the time. I would hate to not put anything into my tome til lvl 6 just so I could have wolves when I should be able to have them...is this normal behavior?

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:23 pm

[quote=Malachai29";p="288050"]I am still having issues with the tome, when I went to put in summon wolves on my druid, it jumped the req lvl 6 lvls....from 3 to 9, and I was only 7 at the time. I would hate to not put anything into my tome til lvl 6 just so I could have wolves when I should be able to have them...is this normal behavior?[/quote]

Thanks for this. This is exactly why I need you guys around: To help me when I'm stupid :)

I didn't test adaquately and you're right, it's less "fixed" that I thought I am fixing it more fully now.

(I'll have to alter and visualy check about 1200 recipies so it will take a bit. Probly a few days.)

--Quatl

For the programing oriented among you, I'd apritiate if you could look at the following sequence of logic and tell me if you can find a problem with it:

Code: Select all

When adding a skill 
If TotalBonus = 30
     Add Skill
     Subtract 6 from LevelReq
     Increment TotalBonus
Else If TotalBonus = 24
     Add Skill
     Subtract 6 from LevelReq
     Increment TotalBonus
Else If TotalBonus = 18
     Add Skill
     Subtract 6 from LevelReq
     Increment TotalBonus
Else If TotalBonus = 12
     Add Skill
     Subtract 6 from LevelReq
     Increment TotalBonus
Else If TotalBonus = 6
     Add Skill
     Subtract 6 from LevelReq
     Increment TotalBonus
Else
     If SkillLevelReq = 1
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus
     Else If SkillLevelReq = 6 AND TotalBonus > 6
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus          
     Else If SkillLevelReq = 12 AND TotalBonus > 12
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus          
     Else If SkillLevelReq = 18 AND TotalBonus > 18
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus          
     Else If SkillLevelReq = 24 AND TotalBonus > 24
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus          
     Else If SkillLevelReq = 30 AND TotalBonus > 30
          Add Skill
          Add 1 to LevelReq
          Increment TotalBonus          
This is a translation of the logic in the Tome recipies, as I'm implementing them now. It sounds good in my head, but I may be missing something.

Keep in mind that adding a skill bonus automaticaly sets the "zero point" to the level of the skill. So adding a level 6 skill to a tome that has a levelreq of 6 (from 6, level 1 skills) would make the Tome's levelreq = 12.

--Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:52 pm

I'am playing an assasine and buy some Scrolls (Tigerstrike, Werewolf)
But nearly every Skillicon in Skilllist is difrent to the original.
Tigerstrike is shown as staticfield, werewolf is shown as poisionworm.

(Sorry, I don't know the originaly english names for the skills)

In the other game with a necro the icons are shown corectly. Maybe there is a failure anywere for the assasine skilling. ?

EDIT:
To explane better. Here two shots:
??? Were are the images ?
Last edited by Jounk33 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:19 pm

So the skills are correct but the images are wrong? I'll look into it, it's probly just some wrong numbers.

Did you try the same skills on a necro? In other words have you tried either of these skills on another character and had them look right?
--Quatl

[EDIT: Never mind I found it, some icons are in the wrong order. I'll fix it for next release. Keep an eye out for other problems like this, I'll tryto double check them all myself too. (looks like most or all druid/assasin skills are scrambled)]
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:07 am

Another thing, when I want equip a merc, the objekt is lost.
No matter what I equip, the item lost and no bonus the merc is given.

That isn't much bad for me, because all the time I playing without mercs. But this seems to be a bug.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:41 am

This mod uses the mercmod plugin. If you are equipping by dropping on the hireling icon in the main game window, that is a risky move (problem with the drag-and-drop code). Open the hireling's inventory screen and place the item on the "paper doll" location instead.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”