Crash when opening Skilltab

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Crash when opening Skilltab

Post by Phlebiac » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi, I just DLed your latest version and every time I try to open the skill tab I get this error message:

Assertion Failure
Expression : ValidCelContext( pCelContext )

Did I do anything wrong on my side?

Edit: I can't combine any scrolls with my tome either. Tried a Scroll of Magic Arrow, Pierce, Warmth and Raise Skeleton on a necro.
Last edited by Phlebiac on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Crash when opening Skilltab

Post by Quatl » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:40 pm

[quote=Phlebiac";p="290054"]
Hi, I just DLed your latest version and every time I try to open the skill tab I get this error message:

Assertion Failure
Expression : ValidCelContext( pCelContext )

Did I do anything wrong on my side?

Edit: I can't combine any scrolls with my tome either. Tried a Scroll of Magic Arrow, Pierce, Warmth and Raise Skeleton on a necro.
[/quote]

No you did everything right

The error should have read "Quatl got excited and did something stupid again, throw a brick at his head" :oops: I forgot to include some new files in the archive.

Here's a temporary link to a working 1.5B I'll update the main thread links too

Thank you for alerting me Phlebiac, and I apologize for being disorgonized again.
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 pm

I downloaded the new version and did a short test.
The skilltab works fine now, but I still can't apply any skills to my tome. I couldn't apply a quintessence to my club either so it looks like the cuberecipes are missing or something.

Two other short notices:
1. I found a typo in the description of the quintessence. It says in the third line "...the quintessence concealed withen" instead of within-
2. It seems you have lost track of your safesystem. Plugy still saves all chars in 14c :D.

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:14 am

[quote=Phlebiac";p="290096"]I downloaded the new version and did a short test.
The skilltab works fine now, but I still can't apply any skills to my tome. I couldn't apply a quintessence to my club either so it looks like the cuberecipes are missing or something.
[/quote]
I see the problem, for now edit d2mod.ini in the LotH folder and look right at the top, in the list of dlls.
Find the line that says:
";CubeOps=CubeOps.dll"
and remove the";" in front of that line
so it reads:
"CubeOps=CubeOps.dll"

I'll post an version soon with an updated ini. (I'm not at the machine with the files) [EDIT: The link to v1.5B has been updated and now works]

[quote=Phlebiac";p="290096"]
Two other short notices:
1. I found a typo in the description of the quintessence. It says in the third line "...the quintessence concealed withen" instead of within-
2. It seems you have lost track of your safesystem. Plugy still saves all chars in 14c :D.[/quote]

1: Thanks, I'm very bad at finding those :) It's really fun when I do that in code

2: yes I did forget to change it, the fixed archive will update that too.

My setup is way too complicated here :) I'll address that soon too. That should prevent these things in the future. Sorry again. Organization is the bane of my existance ;)

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:51 am

The cube recipes work fine now.

I found some other errors though.

1. I could not use Level 6 scrolls before Level 7.
2. Double Swing does not work with my Barbarian. It uses up mana, but I only swing one weapon and only one weapon loses durability too so there seems to be something wrong.
3. Some more typos.
3a. In the gamble screen the quintessence bottle is called "Spectral Elixer.
3b. After cubing an item with a quintessence the item description says "Alchemicaly enhanced, Quentessence 20" for example.

ZyEl Wiki

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:39 pm

[quote=Phlebiac";p="290167"]The cube recipes work fine now.

I found some other errors though.

1. I could not use Level 6 scrolls before Level 7.
[/quote]
not a bug, but a source of confusion. The level requirement refers to the knowledge level of the tome, not character level. There is a mechanical reason that it works this way, I agree it's confuseing, I may change the strings around.
[quote=Phlebiac";p="290167"]
2. Double Swing does not work with my Barbarian. It uses up mana, but I only swing one weapon and only one weapon loses durability too so there seems to be something wrong.
[/quatl]
Interesting, I'll look into it again.
[quote=Phlebiac";p="290167"]
3. Some more typos.
3a. In the gamble screen the quintessence bottle is called "Spectral Elixer.
3b. After cubing an item with a quintessence the item description says "Alchemicaly enhanced, Quentessence 20" for example.[/quote][/quote]
Thanks for these too:) I'll fix those.

-Quatl

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”