PlugY issue...

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

PlugY issue...

Post by godheadslament » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:21 am

I've installed the mod correctly as far as I know (it seems simple enough), yet I can't seem to get PlugY to work correctly. I'm using the most recent version and I have d2mod installed. When I say it doesn't work correctly it pretty much doesn't work at all. No stash, no shared stash, no stat reallocation, no nothing. Many thanks for the help.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: PlugY issue...

Post by Quatl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:16 am

You definately should see the shared stash (that's the primary thing PlugY is doing for the mod)
____
When you say most recent version, are you refering to PlugY or LotH?

(LotH uses D2mod v1.02 with PlugY v3.02. I only suport these versions, because I havn't tested the mod with other versions of D2mod/PlugY. So I can't diagnose any problems which may or may not exist with them.)

____
If not:
Do you see PlugY's version mark on the game select screen, in the lower right area of the screen? (the screen where you start a new game)

It should read "PlugY 3.02", if you don't see anything there then PlugY is not loading for some reason. The 2 most common causes for that are: your diablo 2 instalation is not v1.10, or D2Mod is not installed properly.

If it's a version problem you can get fresh 1.10 dlls here
The file center has some tools for running multiple versions of D2 as well, you can find them here several people have recomended Iowan's tool.

If you see a different version number there then remove or rename any PlugY.dll in your D2 directory and try the mod again. The game may search your D2 directory first for dlls, which would cause i to load the wrong version.

Let me know if this helps.
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:23 am

PlugY v3.02 would be a very old release. You might go with v5.06 or v7.01, as those would be the versions most people will have.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:13 am

Myhrginoc";p="290770" wrote:PlugY v3.02 would be a very old release. You might go with v5.06 or v7.01, as those would be the versions most people will have.

I should and will upgrade eventualy, I just havn't gotten around to it yet and 3.02 has all the features I wanted. 3.02 is included in the LotH archive, so anyone with LotH has it.

It seems unlikly to me that later PlugYs wouldn't work, unless there was a plugin conflict, maybe I should give it a higher prioity.

So far all plugy problems that have been reported have been version problems with D2 itself (making D2mod fail to load.) I really only mentioned it as a precaution, as I haven't tested them.

A proper launcher would solve alot of these sorts of troubles, I really need to put that together too.
-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 am

Tsuru has done a pretty good launcher for Eastern Sun, you could ask him if he would share it so you don't have to start from scratch. (You can run ES on a 1.11 installation and the launcher will copy the 1.10 files with d2mod & plugy and restore the 1.11 files after you quit.)

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:50 pm

Well, it seems I accidently already tried if PlugY7.01b would work with your mod and it does. No problems to report yet.
Last edited by EzechielP on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:39 pm

EzechielP";p="291058" wrote:Well, it seems I accidently already tried if PlugY7.01b would work with your mod and it does. No problems to report yet.
That's reasureing ;)
-Quatl

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”