Some upcomeing changes

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Some upcomeing changes

Post by Quatl » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:05 pm

I've been busy with agrivations of the real world lately, but I have managed to get some work done on the next version of LotH. What I havn't had time to do is test adequately, but I expect to have 1.5D ready fairly soon.

Due to a couple of people mentioning confusion about skill levels and the Tome, I took another look at things.

The good news:
I finaly manged to "fix" the off by one level issue, so starting in 1.5D you will be able to add skills at the same levels as in vanilla. For example your 6th skill added to the tome can now be a level 6 skill (as oposed to waiting till 7th as it works in 1.5C and earlier)

The bad news:
Along the way I found another minor bug in the tome which i've fixed. And a somewhat major bug with the Tome that I'm not sure how to address yet.

If you skip a tier entirely the Tome's level req may jump to an incorrectly high value. This is unfortuneatly pretty easy to do with certain kinds of builds.

For example if you added 11 points of Sword Mastery (tier 1) and then add a point of Avoid (tier 12) the total level req will be 18, rather than 12. This is true for each tier and is comulitive (say you had 17 levels of tier 1 skills then added a tier 18, the result would be level req 18+12 or 30 ! not good.)

This problem exists in all 1.X versions I just hadn't noticed it before. For now this can be fixed by adding one point of any lvl 6 skill (rather what ever tier(s) you've skipped), but I'm looking into a way to fix this in the future. 1.5D will probly not fix this one.

I expect to release 1.5D sometime between this evening and friday, stay tuned:)
-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”