Propositions

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Propositions

Post by erevos » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:07 am

well... first congratulations about the mod :D

i think the skill scrols should have a description of the skill...
and prehaps the tome when we try to add a skill that will make him unavailable should not accept it.

i think in this topic can all propose things to make the mod even better.
Last edited by erevos on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Propositions

Post by Quatl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:34 pm

erevos";p="291044" wrote:well... first congratulations about the mod :D

i think the skill scrols should have a description of the skill...
I agree
erevos";p="291044" wrote: and prehaps the tome when we try to add a skill that will make him unavailable should not accept it.
It should already work this way.

Have you found a skill that is not working, that you were able to add? If so please let me know the skill and the class so I can either make the skill work or dissallow it for that class.
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:51 pm

Quatl";p="291044" wrote: Have you found a skill that is not working, that you were able to add? If so please let me know the skill and the class so I can either make the skill work or dissallow it for that class.
-Quatl
What i really meant was about skill req. when im at lvl 15 it shouldnt allowe me to put a skill that works on 16 lvl cause will make him red. isnt easy to remember every skill requrement lvl.
Last edited by erevos on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:19 pm

Ah, sorry I missunderstood.

The level req is listed on un-rolled scrolls. I'm not sure why the rolled ones don't display it properly, something is suppressing the string from showing. I'll look into why, and try to fix it.

If you are playing full screen the background for skills that are too high level should show up red.

I would like to, but cannot, make it impossible for the Tome's level req to ever exceed your level. For example it is possible to add as many lvl 1 skills as you want to the tome at first level. If this is what you ment, it will not be fixed soon (if ever.)

The reasons why this is unfixible are complicated, but essentialy this requires direct comparison of 2 different stats and the cube code can't do that (and in this particular case I can't seem to fake it as I have for other situations. This case is different because there is no combination of exculsive tests that are equivelent) I may find a way around this in the future, but it looks like it would require some non-trivial code editing.

There were also some bugs with the tome level req that should be fixed as of 1.5D. (it would cause some skills to add 2 level req rather than 1, in some cases, especialy the first skill added of a given tier. By tier I mean level 6/12/18/24/30 skill)
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:10 am

A thought on the skill quests : Did you think to replace the usual rewards with an item that, when cubed with the tome, reduces it's Level Requirement? This would be useful for the skill quests that are currently useless (that's about 12 skill points being denied right now).

Also Double Swing is severely broken for the Sassy. Frenzy should be working OK (haven't gotten that high yet, and my sassy, FastAsAShark, had her tome broken due to me cubing it incorrectly).

Other than that I really like the concept of shared skills. Certainly makes for interesting builds (my next project will be a Tankazon packing Zeal/Fana/Holy Shield, a Palazon if you will :D )

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:29 am

Maxx Power";p="291223" wrote:A thought on the skill quests : Did you think to replace the usual rewards with an item that, when cubed with the tome, reduces it's Level Requirement? This would be useful for the skill quests that are currently useless (that's about 12 skill points being denied right now).
I've thought about somethings or other to do about that, that's a new one though :) It's possible.
Maxx Power";p="291223" wrote: Also Double Swing is severely broken for the Sassy. Frenzy should be working OK (haven't gotten that high yet, and my sassy, FastAsAShark, had her tome broken due to me cubing it incorrectly).
I'm looking into it again I'm hopeing I can make it work. If I can't it will go barbarian only, soon.
Maxx Power";p="291223" wrote: Other than that I really like the concept of shared skills. Certainly makes for interesting builds (my next project will be a Tankazon packing Zeal/Fana/Holy Shield, a Palazon if you will :D )
:mrgreen: Sounds like a fun one.
-Quatl

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”