LotH 1.5F preview release (It's been a long time I know)

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

LotH 1.5F preview release (It's been a long time I know)

Post by Quatl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:47 am

It's been along time since I last posted here, progress has been slow due to complications from reality. I've been beaten about the head and face by many of life's low hanging branches this year, sorry if I left anyone waiting too long for news. :)

Here's a new version to take a look at, there are few visible functional changes, but lots and lots of cosmetic and behind the scenes changes. Old characters may not work properly, but feel free to copy them to the new save folder and try them out. (Mainly you will want to check that their affinities are proper from their skill tomes... read below)

EDIT: New version "Fb" here, some files were left out of the archive for the "F" version: [edit] Link removed, get 1.6A instead from the main change log and download thread, near the top of this forum[\edit]

The affinities are viewable on the last two extended stats pages (left pointing arrow on the regular stat interface) They don't do anything yet but should be properly updated when you add skills to the Tome

Skill scrolls now have a greater variety of visual forms, colors, and names to help you more easily find the one you want, as well as (hopefully) visually conveying information about their affinities for when the day comes that they are functional.

The skill vendors now separate spells into three pages by spell type, again I hope this will make finding just the right skills for your character much easier :)

Skill descriptions now appear on the skill items to remind you what each skill does; just hover your mouse over them. (keep an eye out for typos and errors as you go along, and let me know what you find, there was a lot of data entry and I never did learn how to spell reliably :) Also look out for skills that don't give the right affinities, for example if the book says cold affinity but you gain fire instead from those skill points)

Enjoy :)

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Eisenfaust86

Re: LotH 1.5F preview release (It's been a long time I know)

Post by Eisenfaust86 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:22 pm

Hello, Quatl:

I have played the latest version of your mod (version 1.6A) and I've been enjoying it, thus far. I felt this mod was much needed in the community, as I felt there were too many versions of Diablo II that over-emphasized the stereotype builds. I really do think that this mod has a lot (and I really mean *a lot*) of potential. By the way, how's about just a couple of things that needs fixing to start you out:

1.) The alchemical ingredient that says it adds mana to an item (can't remember its name) falsely adds "repairs x durability in t seconds", which is useless, since durability is no longer a factor on the items.

2.) The bonus life from the conjuration affinity for skeletons seems not to be working and I feel this should be looked at.

Hopefully this should point you in the right direction. Did I already say this mod has a lot of potential? That point, I feel, should be well-emphasized here.

Keep up the good work on this mod, Quatl.

EDIT: Two more issues I found.

1.) Sacrifice practicum does not properly merge with the horadric tome.

2.) Besides the "+ to mana" reagent, the "+ to life" reagent also adds the useless bonus described above.
Last edited by Eisenfaust86 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: LotH 1.5F preview release (It's been a long time I know)

Post by Quatl » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 pm

Thank you for your encouraging words Eisenfaust86 :) LotH is all about decoupling D2's fun game play style from it's class system, I'm glad you enjoy that aspect of it.

I'll look into the mana reagent, thanks for the heads up, should be something simple to repair. And more important that you would think for next release ;) [insert dramatic pause here]

All the summons are badly mangled in 1.6A unfortunately. I've been giving them special attention for next release. I had several misconceptions about how summons worked when I implemented them the first time. In the process of breaking them I learned quite a lot :)

Several other skill's are dysfunctional in one way or another in the current version as well (I've been repairing them one by one.)

Many of these problems are cosmetic, such as damage being incorrect on the icon hovers etc. Some are more serious though.

I hope to have the new version fairly soon.

Thank you again for your kind words, and bug reports. I need all the help I can get :)
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”