Summoning

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Kyonai

Summoning

Post by Kyonai » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 pm

It seems to happen only with my paladin and not on my nephew's barbarian, when a Paladin summons undead, why does it drain his health? I believe you should list this as a con to the Paladin character. Thanks in advance!

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Summoning

Post by Quatl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:46 pm

That's very strange. Thank you for pointing that out, i hadn't noticed that before; but you are definitely right. I'll see if i can prevent it, if not then I'll definitely make a note in the readme about it, for next release.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:28 am

That has always been true about Paladins even in vanilla D2. It isn't worthy of the Light to use spells of the undead, donchya know. There is a code fix for it somewhere around here.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:18 am

Thanks Myhrginoc, I did a search after I read the original post here and found the code fix you mentioned (Kingpin's I think it was)

I'd never noticed it in the original game, not even sure how a pally would get undeads. I guess there is a unique with oskill or charges for it.

I'm reluctant to manually edit the dll, but I may have to as it's anti-LotHian to leave all those poor pallies without undead if they so desire :)

I saw another post that suggested changing the do-func to the one from clay golem (31 to 56 i think?) I'm not certain what else that might change though. The code related post mentioned part of the function that assigns the missile skill to the undead mages in the function.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Kyonai

Post by Kyonai » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:44 am

Hey Myrghinoc thanks for bringing up the code fix, I can summon my undead without healthdrain any more :) (I'm an unholy paladin donchya know) Well, good luck fixing this Quatl!

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”