Problem with gaining experience

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

calbee219

Problem with gaining experience

Post by calbee219 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Hello Quatl,

Before I start this topic I wanna voice my thanks for all the effort you've put in for this mod.
I've played D2 for years now, and just a few months ago I stopped playing.....that is until I came across LOTH a few weeks ago, where I found a new love for the game, playing it with a whole new dimension.
I've always dreamt about playing builds including freedom of skills across all classes, and freedom of character appearance regardless of the build. (daydreams like a Blaze character using homing attacks like Guided Arrow and Bone Spirit and Hydra, or a character maximizing Fire Wall using Bone Wall to set the enemies up for correct geometry). When I somehow ran into this project of yours, I thought....hmm this is too good to be true. And I must say...the development of the affinity system for a whole new different system of how skills synergize with one another is brilliant, and this just makes for a whole different game with a new evolved way of gameplay. And this is not just me; my best friend had also lost his interest in D2 months ago, until I introduced him ot this mod of yours. I'm also a person quite interested in programming, and also a stubborn kind of guy, so I can really appreciate the work you've done here. It's almost like a dream of mine that someone's already carried out, and has done an excellent job in.

So moving on with the topic...I've started quite a few characters now, and all my characters seem to be stuck around level 24. I don't think the level has much to do with it, but more the location. It seems that after Act4 in Normal, the experience gaining starts to really go downhill. Right now I'm stuck with a few characters in Nightmare trying to play at 10 levels lower than they should be.
Sorry, I don't know anymore on this problem, but I thought I'd bring it up. There are so many other builds I'd love to play. But this experience cap is really limiting things.

Another thing is that, the first character I wanted to make was a Sacrifice character. It seems that there's a problem with learning the skill. When I put it in the cube with the tome to try to learn it, nothing happens.

Hmm what else. I sense you're a perfectionist. I noticed some spelling errors and consistency errors when looking through all the skills. By consistency I mean say for one affinity you might have Lithos and another one may be Lithic, but I'm sure you're referring to the same affinity. Just small things like that. If you'd like, I definitely don't mind sifting through them again to find them. This is the least I could contribute to help you.

Looking forward to hear from you regarding these issues.
I'll let you know if I find any others.

Calbee219

[EDIT]
lol....guess I was way off on the timeline of things....

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Re: Problem with gaining experience

Post by ultimategrayfox » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 am

mhh the only thing i can say is the leveling speed is really nerfed, i never finished normal difficult at level 27.

But well, i'm thinking to cheat it with an editor or similar at some point, i'll see. This mod have the potential of be the most funny thing around, even if haven't anything new in term of level, items and stuffs, can have virtually any build aviable in the game.

edit: since the creator is disappeared and the exp bug is the most nasty, i come up with a simple trick: since the exp is nerfed alot i just transferred a magic charm with +200% exp gained (according to my test in the mod a quill rat in normal give 8 exp while in vanilla give 21, soo is something near to 200%, and i used it for nice round number). all other bugs related to equips forging, runewords and similar can be fixed in the similar way (remember to use the editor on a vanilla chara, if modify a legacy chara with that will become corrupted when you'll try to enter a game, soo put the modified item in shared stash and copy it over the legacy shared stash after backupped the old one), is easy to see the points gave by a spectral elixir and change the values with the editor and make a perfect legit chara avoiding the bugs.

according the only thing can't be added with the editor is +oskill (like +20 smite), give wrong values or generic bad data error, soo the bugs on skills can't be fixed, but well now is alot better at least.

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”