Project ad free keep

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Project ad free keep

Post by Volf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:46 pm

I know many people don't like ads on the keep and some have even offered to donate to help with the sites funding. I thank everyone who offered to donate but we just cant accept donations.
However i have a better idea, iv been a customer buying translation and seo work on fiverr for years so i figured why not ad my own gigs and fund both the keep and my other sites altogether by doing small gigs that i enjoy doing + things i do all the time anyway.
However its extremely hard to get the first gig on fiverr especially without advertising. So if anyone wishes to help out you could be my first fiverr customer. My fiverr gigs can be seen here (dumped the link as i quit), atm i only have 2 but will add more once i get ideas for more gigs.

As soon as im up to 2 gigs per week on average i will remove all ads on the keep.

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: Project ad free keep

Post by Xibalba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:23 pm

In my honest opinion ads are not really problem. Also taking donations is better than waiting for gigs to be sold i think?
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Xibalba" wrote: In my honest opinion ads are not really problem. Also taking donations is better than waiting for gigs to be sold i think?
Donations are not a viable option in the long run and the already insignificant ad income is decreasing as the game gets older. The gigs are already taken off, got 2 already. Either way i will keep at it as it also gives me a reason to do what i like doing

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Volf" wrote:
Xibalba" wrote: In my honest opinion ads are not really problem. Also taking donations is better than waiting for gigs to be sold i think?
Donations are not a viable option in the long run and the already insignificant ad income is decreasing as the game gets older. The gigs are already taken off, got 2 already. Either way i will keep at it as it also gives me a reason to do what i like doing
Hmm okay, i understand sir and you are right, game is getting really old, it is really hard to get visitors to our forum. Im also happy to hear that you sold some gigs
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Well working on fiverr on the side to fund the keep worked out for a few years but i had to quit due some personal stuff.
Either way the keep is finally free of google ads, removed them as payout limits are too high + my YouTube channels got demonetized so will never reach the payout limit anyway.
Atm we just have my Kinguin referral link in the banner to the left and not sure if i will keep it there, might be better to start recommending games i bought from there and post the link with the recommendations or something.

Return to “Off-Topic”