Hey everyone

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

Mordici

Hey everyone

Post by Mordici » Fri May 02, 2014 7:05 am

Hey everyone, I haven't been active in the scene for almost a decade, but I happened across here again the other day, and I just wanted to say congratulations to the guys running the place these days, I'm glad to see it's still alive. Its personally been a long time since I've been here, it was the days of Phrozen Heart and Onyx, as well as Myhrginoc and spin. I used to occasionally conduct interviews with mod devs for the Keep, but obviously I'm long since past that. Also, Ricfaith and another user who I assume is long since gone, Synergy, left an impression on me to the point of my usual gaming handle being Synric, as a homage to both of them.

When I was last here I was a kid, about... 13-14 years old. I dreamed of being a mod designer (who had an amazing grasp on the English language, I'd say). I'm now a 22 year old college grad with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, pursuing a degree in Law. I just got accepted to a law school in Houston, TX, and am moving down there at the end of August. I know almost no-one who reads this will really care, but personally seeing where I was when I joined this place to where I am now expresses a huge differential to me, and I think it's kind of amazing.

Nothing major to say, just wanted to express my amazement and awe. Congratulations to everyone here for keeping this place alive. It's been a great place to me, and I hope that people keep doing what this place has been known for.

bvr
United States of America

Re: Hey everyone

Post by bvr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 am

I've been a member of various D2 forums and it amazes me how long they have stayed around. My whole high school career revolved around diablo and forums like this. Now that everyone is older its nice to look back at everything and remember the good times.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Re: Hey everyone

Post by weapon-x » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:29 am

Mordici" wrote:Hey everyone, I haven't been active in the scene for almost a decade, but I happened across here again the other day, and I just wanted to say congratulations to the guys running the place these days, I'm glad to see it's still alive. Its personally been a long time since I've been here, it was the days of Phrozen Heart and Onyx, as well as Myhrginoc and spin. I used to occasionally conduct interviews with mod devs for the Keep, but obviously I'm long since past that. Also, Ricfaith and another user who I assume is long since gone, Synergy, left an impression on me to the point of my usual gaming handle being Synric, as a homage to both of them.

When I was last here I was a kid, about... 13-14 years old. I dreamed of being a mod designer (who had an amazing grasp on the English language, I'd say). I'm now a 22 year old college grad with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, pursuing a degree in Law. I just got accepted to a law school in Houston, TX, and am moving down there at the end of August. I know almost no-one who reads this will really care, but personally seeing where I was when I joined this place to where I am now expresses a huge differential to me, and I think it's kind of amazing.

Nothing major to say, just wanted to express my amazement and awe. Congratulations to everyone here for keeping this place alive. It's been a great place to me, and I hope that people keep doing what this place has been known for.
bvr" wrote:I've been a member of various D2 forums and it amazes me how long they have stayed around. My whole high school career revolved around diablo and forums like this. Now that everyone is older its nice to look back at everything and remember the good times.
yep, the keep has always been a home for d2mods, and d2 mod-making... even remembered my senseless posts from way back when :mrgreen:

for me, the keep is still here because of the admin's passion for d2 and d2 mod-making.

it holds a vast amount of information, with unimaginable power :twisted: at least in my own point of view :D

i wish the pioneers are still here though,

anyhow...

good luck in our endeavors both in d2mod-making and in real-life :)

cheers !
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”