Very Complex Situation on PvPGN

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Very Complex Situation on PvPGN

Post by Xibalba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello friends,

I know that this topic is long, but the situation is a little complicated :roll:

Like most of you know, there is a program (open source) called PvPGN which allows you to make your own server for Blizzard games (If you use D2GS and needed support files, you can make a server for Diablo II LOD).

A long time ago, i tried to install PvPGN server correctly, but i ALWAYS got some problems. First i couldnt able to instal services, (When i run the bat file, nothing happens), then i found an installer (open source, bat) which allows us to install PvPGN, D2DBS, D2CS and D2GS services. But there was a problem again, i couldnt install D2GS server, it was giving me an error. Luckily i found someone on the PvPGN forums, he installed the services from TeamViewer somehow. But AGAIN ( :mrgreen: ) there was a problem. I couldnt run the services... I was having an error like this "The service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.". I was really getting angry and then i give up.

While i was writing this topic, i luckily found a configured pvpgn setup on my computer, tried to install services. The services was working correctly! But AGAIN i cant install D2GS service, oh man.. :mrgreen:

(This is my topic on PvPGN forums, this might give an idea about my painful pvpgn adventures :mrgreen: Link removed by volfLink removed by volf ) )

SO, in short, i need a help from an experienced user. Maybe someone can make a video tutorial etc.

(PvPGN domain was changed, they lost their documentation and lots of their download links)

Thanks!
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: Very Complex Situation on PvPGN

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm sorry, but you are not allowed to talk about private realms on this forum.

Please read the ToS.
XXII) Discussion about creating, operating, access, playing on or contributing to private realm servers or other Battle.net emulation is prohibited. Linking to server sites, publishing server IP addresses, or linking to sites acting as gateways to private realm servers is also prohibited.

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Ah, didnt know it, sorry..
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Xibalba - We do not support private realms as stated in the terms you agreed to when you registered. Consider this a final official warning!
From our terms
XXII) Discussion about creating, operating, access, playing on or contributing to private realm servers or other Battle.net emulation is prohibited. Linking to server sites, publishing server IP addresses, or linking to sites acting as gateways to private realm servers is also prohibited.
Link removed

Return to “Off-Topic”