Diablo 1 Reconstucted Source Code

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Diablo 1 Reconstucted Source Code

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 am

Look what I stumbled upon:
https://github.com/galaxyhaxz/devilution

GalaxyHaxZ as well as fearedbliss are well known and promise great things for the future of diablo 1 modding :)

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Diablo 1 Reconstucted Source Code

Post by Necrolis » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm

A slight caveat to this interested: the bulk of the code is Hex-rays output, which means it can be nigh unreadable (mainly the DLRG code); it needs to be paired with the info from the sanctuary project for a bit of understanding. Additionally, DiabloUI.dll has not been reversed, nor has storm.dll. In terms of legality, this is technically legal so long as its the original game RE'd for documentation and preservation purposes, so its unlikely to be taken down. More importantly you need VC++ 5.10 to compile this.

That being said, still looks like a huge amount of work went into this, so a big congrats to GalaXyHaXz
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

FearedBliss
United States of America

Re: Diablo 1 Reconstucted Source Code

Post by FearedBliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:06 am

I've added a compatibility matrix to the project. So far we've been able to compile it with MinGW32 (Using MSYS2), Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio 5.10, and Visual Studio 6:

https://github.com/galaxyhaxz/devilutio ... _matrix.md

Return to “Off-Topic”