Past and Present Projects, Kudos and Extra Rules

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Past and Present Projects, Kudos and Extra Rules

Post by Nefarius » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:32 pm

For the lack of a public standalone site to put this on (this was a matter of choice more then anything else) I'll use this sticky topic as a chronology of past and present projects worked on by me, give kudos to long forgotten people and also manifest some special rules that apply to this forum (the same way I've done for the TSWTO). All projects here have links to downloads in the file center if such still exist or were ever available.

Extra Rules

We all know that I am repulsed by leechers and cheaters, like with the old TSWTO forum, do not post, think about posting, ask, think about asking for cheats or anything along those lines here, your post will be instantly locked and I'll give you a warning for spamming. The same applies for leeching (asking for things to be made especially for you). This is not a 'request this/that' from the project staff forum. If you feel you cannot comply with the above do not post and see here for further instructions.

People working (or having worked) on Codename: MetalStorm

Nepharius - senior developer (duh)
Nake - retired vice / assistant developer, currently missing in action due to studies
Joel - vice developer
Vendanna - assistant developer / game balance
Doombreed-x - assistant developer, currently missing in action due to work
DarkChaoS - beta cordinator (do not PM him with beta requests, this isn't the time for it, we will let you know when it is.)

Past and Present Mods

XyRAX - for v1.02 to v1.09
Originally (pre v1.00) it was called The Realms of Chaos, versions have been renumbered wildly by a variety of people (inc. myself ofc) so that the versions listed next to downloads on the site here and in the readmes often make little or no sense in any relation.

Here is an accurate list of versions

1.x = alpha (tRoC, D2C 1.02, 2000 - posted on a forum)
2.x = alpha (tRoC, D2C 1.03, 2000 - posted on a forum)
3.x = 1.x (D2C 1.04, 2001)
4.x = 2.x (D2C 1.05, 2001)
5.x = 3.x (D2C 1.05, 2001)
6.x = 4.x (D2C 1.06, 2001)
7.x = 5.x (D2C 1.06, 2001)
8.x = 6.x (D2C 1.06, 2001)
21.x = alpha (D2X 1.08, 2002 - unreleased)
15.x = 7.x (D2X 1.09, 2003)

Gods Be Gone, HyBRID, Gods Be Gone Forever - for v1.02 to v1.11b
Don't ask me for the lod versions, this is here just for reference. Classic versions for v1.02-v1.06 are available in the file center.

Afterhells - for v1.05/v1.06 - scrapped project, which was a simulation for players who beat hell difficulty, it was never released or anything like that.

32-Player Mod - for v1.05/v1.08 - created during the hype started by Fusman's 8-Player Mod, the classic version isn't here, but a lod version should be in the file center.

Ultimate Fixer - for v1.08/v1.10 - reverting the game to how it used to be before blizzard "fixed" it with the release of v1.07/8. Note original pre v1.10 versions nowhere to be found, obliterated by XFernet move. If you have a copy of the old versions for v1.08/9 please let me know.

Anti-Balance for v1.09/v1.11b - started as a cheesy drop mod (probably the most unbalanced of all times, who had a cow level that constantly refilled itself with infinite quantity of mephistos :P). The v1.11b versions are more an experiment and not really drop mods or anything like that, in fact they're pretty much extremely hard. Old v1.09b version obliterated by XFernet, see comment under UF.

Vertigo for v1.10
- started but scrapped in favor of AntiBalance which has almost all of its features in it. This project had many other names and was never publically announced.

Codename: MetalStorm
Wait and see, wait and see
Last edited by Nefarius on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”