Key Features (some spoilers, just a rundown in general)

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

AdmiralCrackbar
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by AdmiralCrackbar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for answering all the questions!

I love that ethereal items are actually going to BE ethereal in this mod, wielded by ghosts and other spirits of distant realms. Good idea!

Will there be an unsocketing recipe? I consider this crucial, and it really takes the stressful decisions out of gem collecting.

Monty Burns

Re: Key Features (some spoilers, just a rundown in general)

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Quote:
In game kill counter in stats page.

Quote:
Some sort of kill counter is planned.

Another good idea (maybe) would be to have a kill counter on your weapons so you can see how many you have killed with each weapon you have owned!

Also I have a question, are you creating this mod for us or for you own satisfaction?
(I have my own reasons for asking this)

Edit: When & if you release the beta are certain people going to be chosen to play it or will it be open to the whole public?
Last edited by Monty Burns on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Another good idea (maybe) would be to have a kill counter on your weapons so you can see how many you have killed with each weapon you have owned!
Always something to keep in mind for certain unique/set/???? items.

Also I have a question, are you creating this mod for us or for you own satisfaction?
(I have my own reasons for asking this)
While my main philosophy in modding has always been to develop things I'd like to play myself first and foremost and share them later and see if other people enjoy playing them. But ofc with projects of this scale and magnitude it is a bit of both.

When & if you release the beta are certain people going to be chosen to play it or will it be open to the whole public?
There will be an internal beta first, depending on how this turns out there may or may not be a public one. But its too soon to ask this now.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Sick thoughts

Post by Sick thoughts » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Nefarius" wrote:One of the ideas to command minions that me and the team have had is to use the under-used 'speech' buttons for general commanding ;), this isn't implemented yet, rather easy to do though.
So does this mean that we will also be able to command our hirelings too?

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:47 pm

That is the basic idea, keep in mind these commands ain't going to be like in a RTS where you select the unit and then tell it to do, while it's technically possible to implement this in D2 it wouldn't suit the speed of the gameplay much. The commands will allow units to enter a defensive (guarding the player and themselves) or an offensive mode, there will be a few other things of course, but this is the general idea.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”