On enemies

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

Radamer

On enemies

Post by Radamer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 pm

While I am aware that you are keeping much of the actual game secret, I thought I'd ask a few questions with regards to the enemies we'll fight in this mod:

Looking over the animations at Infinitum, I've noticed several that are just plain animals. I was wondering if you be willing to include 'neutral' enemies like wild and domestic animals that you can encounter. They would be passive, unless attacked where they would attack or flee, depending on the animal type. How the allies of the Burning Hells deal with these animals would also be a factor as well, where they may leave them alone or attack them, depending on the AI. Having them spawn separate from the 'regular' enemies may also be something to consider as well. This may give the whole experience a more real feel to the environment where you encounter a wild boar in the wilderness just wandering around. Also, they wouldn't yield much experience for their deaths, since it would prevent players from boar-hunting their way to god-hood (like in that South Park episode).

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: On enemies

Post by Nefarius » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:27 am

Yes, there will be interactable wildlife beside those critters, and also means to interact with these animals in a way beside combat (druid-ish spells).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”