leveling equipment?

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

onthos
United States of America

leveling equipment?

Post by onthos » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 am

I think I read somewhere in this forum that stat gains upon level up are going to be randomized. With this in mind, will there be any leveling equipment to boost stat gains?

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: leveling equipment?

Post by Vendanna » Wed May 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Are you sure of that? there was a tought on starting stats being randomized (as an option) but what I'm totally sure is that there won't be an item that increases "stat" gains per level, first because its silly, second because it would make players feel bad for not having that item earlier, which is a negative experience.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

onthos
United States of America

Post by onthos » Wed May 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm not so sure anymore... but what I was really thinking (although it didn't come out quite right) is that the number of bonus points you gain upon level would be randomized.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Fri May 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Nah, that would just make imposible to balance it upon (since you can't expect then how powerful a character would be on a certain part of the game) and then some characters could end being too weak due to RNG which is out of his hands.

Since we plan to reduce the effect on RNG on the game overall (since in the end is just grinding) I don't think we would give randomized stats on leve up on the CORE rules. :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”