Diablo 3 Beta Review(s)

Post anything Diablo III, or upcoming Diablo Imortal or Diablo IV here.
Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Diablo 3 Beta Review(s)

Post by Valherran » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 am

Thought it would be cool to put up this thread for everyone to post their thoughts. I will start by posting my buddy's review:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4044746823#1

I am mostly in agreement with it, I am not sure what to think about the character building part though.
Promoting my friend's Dungeon Keeper 1 MOD for him:
http://keeperklan.com/threads/1790-Dung ... e2?p=35496

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Re: Diablo 3 Beta Review(s)

Post by PureRage » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am

Personally, I think it depends on the player. I'd guess that many of the folks who were around for D1 and D2 release will not enjoy D3. The new D2 players (11-18 y/o) will flock to D3 because "new means better!".

The main issues with it from what I have seen/heard are:
Kiddie style graphics (what happened to dark and scary?)
Limited char flexibility. Instead of fixing the stat system, they just automated it and removed the choices. I should be able to decide for myself what attributes my character focuses on. "You can change attributes with gear" don't fly with me either. You could do that in D2 too. They still removed a feature instead of fixing it.

Blizz are murdering the game just like SE have murdered the Final Fantasy games.
It's a huge middle finger to the people who enjoy non mainstream games (the people who lined the developers pockets in the first place).

I'll stop there before I really get rolling. There are so many reasons I won't be wasting my money on this product... :x
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

Dew

Post by Dew » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I know its a new game and I should expect things to be different but I agree with ya PureRage. some of their direction just completely abandons what made me love D1 and D2
Mod Progress= Dead
Currently working on releasing new animations
Updates Found Here

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 am

Just interesting... why we didn't ask Blizzard for community beta keys? :)

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

I know its a new game and I should expect things to be different but I agree with ya PureRage. some of their direction just completely abandons what made me love D1 and D2
Definitely agree. It's a dungeon crawler that seems to no longer require you to dungeon crawl for runestones. It let's you customize your spells, but not your attributes... you have no way to level up your skills, and EVERYTHING is now item dependent (Which I'm okay with to some degree).

I loved being able to make characters different with stat points. For example, a melee sorc, or a glass cannon zon with literally no added life.

The game seems WAY too bright and not very 'dark.' Now... sadly I'm the type that will not only buy it but maybe even the CE... There is a lot of D3's atmosphere and Blizz logic that is driving me batty these days. But can anything really be done to stop them?

Return to “Other Diablo Games”