What do you want to see in DWX3?

Information and updates for the Darkness Weaves Ironman mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

What do you want to see in DWX3?

Post by RexxLaww » Tue May 27, 2003 1:03 am

When the 1.10 patch is released (should be about the same time as Duke Nukem Forever or Team Fortress 2 I believe) what do you want to see ported over?

Be specific. Tell me what you want, and dont want to see moved. Dont offer suggestions to make massive gameplay changes, or get outside of the modding 'box' (changing levels massively etc).

Essentially, what do you want to see from DWX1 and DWX2 ported over to 1.10?

I have my plans already, but this has ALWAYS been YOUR mod and I will build it to your desires (within reason).

RexxLaww
Last edited by RexxLaww on Tue May 27, 2003 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Little Eddie

Re: What do you want to see in DWX3?

Post by Little Eddie » Wed May 28, 2003 8:24 am

I love the mod, but think there may be too many class-specific item, roses, swords and such...maybe just me, it may balance out as I get farther.

I understand and agree with the ironman mod idea, but would like to see the chance of self-repair occur more frequently..I know I am supposed to save and think of item use, but this mod makes item more valuable by far, I am not asking for you to put up so high that everything has it, but make it a real goal....

other than that, no real complaints..great work! :)
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

Tokatis

Post by Tokatis » Wed May 28, 2003 10:41 pm

A couple of changes that I have in mind could work. Nothing major (I hope).

One, more death knights. For some reason I love these guys from D1. Maybe replace some monsters with the old d1 monsters. Like the magma guys, the rhinos. Just some ideas.

Two, remove the quill bears and rats from act 5. They give no exp and are just annoyances when fighting Oblivan Knights.

Three, The monsters that replaced the black hawks are plain annoyance. Maybe have some other monster in there with a little more hps.

I believe that is all that I have. If I come up with more, I will let you know. Keep up the good work. Later.

Matthias

Post by Matthias » Sat May 31, 2003 12:09 pm

I would like the difficulty curve beginning from act 3 normal to be steeper. Not steeper so that act 5 hell would be near-impossible without 3 lvl 99 amas helping your lvl 94 perfect equipment sorc, but still enough to give back that feeling of fear you get in D1 when you see a group of things moving ahead of you and another behind without knowing what may it be...
It's not who is right, it's who is left.

darkelfsina
Paladin

Post by darkelfsina » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:08 pm

more monster numbers~~~~~~~~~~~~more monster magic!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1PLZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~we all love this mod~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Molotov_Monkey

Post by Molotov_Monkey » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:55 pm

If there's some way to do it, make it so that the only class specific items that drop are yours. I don't know if that's possible, but it'd be a lot better. Nobody wants to see that great, 3 socketed targe drop when they're not a paladin. I have no idea whether or not this is actually possible.

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:59 pm

Dont think that can be done, even with the proposed freedom of modding that 1.10 is going to offer. All treasure drops are random, and the game doesnt check to see what class you are before dropping a class specific item.

The only instance of this is the Quest in act V where the NPC gives you a class specific item. Random drops are simply that, completely random.

Jawdrooler

Post by Jawdrooler » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:24 pm

PoisonCreepers in Act3 and sewers why two reasons I've never seen it and they suit the jungle underground seen . ;)
Creativity is limited by infinite imagination

Ark-Impulse

Post by Ark-Impulse » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:13 pm

Can you make the entire game lighting really dark so when you move about it you cant see two yards in front of you because its pitch black and then all of a sudden a pack of wild beasts jump you! That would be cool.

And also maybe you can make items emit a different colored light radius (i.e. like champion monsters at night) ?
Rocks taste like hard!

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:39 pm

[quote=Ark-Impulse";p="121936"]Can you make the entire game lighting really dark so when you move about it you cant see two yards in front of you because its pitch black and then all of a sudden a pack of wild beasts jump you! That would be cool.[/quote]

While that is possible, I don't think applying it to the entire game would be good. For some areas only, maybe it would be nice :twisted:

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:48 pm

And its not entirely within the scope of the mod either. Im trying to keep enviro changes to a minimum in this build. I want it to be fairly close to original D2:LOD gameplay, but with the IM elements governing the whole process.

If that made any sense... 8-O

Malah Ga-Mavet
Banned
Warrior

Post by Malah Ga-Mavet » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:36 pm

1.10 comportability of course!

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:04 am

[quote=Malah Ga-Mavet";p="143480"]1.10 comportability of course![/quote]

Working on that already. :)

Ciderax

Post by Ciderax » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:46 am

Make it hard, and closed have closed realm support(If it doesn't already) I'm looking for a good mod to play hardcore on my hosted server.

Return to “Darkness Weaves”