DW MPQ version for Macs

Information and updates for the Darkness Weaves Ironman mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Eluna

DW MPQ version for Macs

Post by Eluna » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:36 pm

Hi! I'm a long time D2 player looking for interesting Mods: played Teknokyo's Ancestral Realms for quite a while, Gemstone kept me busy; but I was kind of disappointed in Eastern Sun. Anyways, I'd like to give yours a shot, but unfortunately, the Mac version of D2 cannot use -direct -txt mods; they MUST be MPQs.

Some MPQ mods crash the Mac client: I'm not sure what they're doing wrong; but contacting any of the makers of mods that do work on the Mac might be able to let you know what's required: I believe there's a few certain files that must be included in the MPQ from the Blizzard 1.09d patch.

I'd be happy to help test if you like.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to trying Darkness Weaves out!

Incidentally, mail to your planetdiablo address bounces.

Eluna

Re: DW MPQ version for Macs

Post by Eluna » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:57 pm

Amazingly, I managed to figure out the Mac version of MPQ2K, and got the mod working! I took the original 1.09d patch and put in all the DW files, overwriting old ones, then saved the new patch. Seems to work fine, but I've just started playing.

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Re: DW MPQ version for Macs

Post by RexxLaww » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:20 pm

I will actually do a MAC version (Just to make Brent Sienna proud) this time around.

Though not positive, most of the MAC issues stem from graphics. DWX3 wont be a big graphics extravaganza like DWX2 was (well, wanted to be anyhow). Most of the changes are gameplay specific.

Planet Diablo doesnt like me, so they stomped my address. I havent had the time to update. If you need to contact me, try this.

rexxlaww@netzero.net
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Return to “Darkness Weaves”