DWX3 Status

Information and updates for the Darkness Weaves Ironman mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

DWX3 Status

Post by RexxLaww » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:20 am

Yeah sure, its only still a beta patch, but it will be seamless to migrate to the real one.

Quick rundown of whats working and whats not:

1) Gold doesnt drop. Yay! Still random piles here and there, but no biggy because...

2) NPC's dont sell anything. And anything you give them is worth a GP, which again isnt a biggy because...

3) Repairs are astronomical... REALLY expensive. Yay!

4) Monsters have been tweaked, redistributed and run in bigger, more agressive pack.

5) The graveyards are back, complete with caskets, chests, crates, skull piles and the like.

6) TP scrolls are all but gone except for the catacombs... Still working on that.

7) Gloves, Belts, and Boots are socketed. Rings and Ammy's too! (Though they wont spawn that way, theres a cube recipe).

To do still:
Tweak gems and runes
Add glyphs
New weapons, armor, etc
New cube recipes

What wont make it:
Bandits, Elementals, non stop drops, plethora of class specific items.
Diablo 1 monsters. Sadly, it is time to move on from them.

Possibilites:
New monsters based on current animations.
New Spells/Skills.
Removal of prerequisites on skills (but not level reqs).

Thats all for now.
Keep posted!
RexxLaww
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

DavidB111
Paladin

Re: DWX3 Status

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:58 pm

Well, I'm a big fan of the DArkness weaves mod, and I'd be willing to go at it, but if you actually completely remove all the Town portal scrolls, well, I will hit you on the head wth a maul. Seriously, it's best to have them still in, just be super rare. I mean, even with the odd chance of having lovable portal shrines they aren't very common. So, don't remove them completely, that will lower my appreciation of you, Mr. RexxLaww.

Anyway, good day.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:01 pm

I personally like the idea of having to remember where the last waypoint was..it makes you think and plan the way you explore and react when meeting a strong group..

I did like finding the occasional TP's, but they were so valuable to me that I almost never used them...so this may be a point on keeping them...raise thier drop percentage to equal uniques..make people hoard them and trade with them!
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:03 pm

[quote=Little Eddie";p="117953"]...raise thier drop percentage to equal uniques..make people hoard them and trade with them![/quote]

:lol: Since gold is no longer the currency of choice, maybe it could replaced with TP scrolls. Kind of like SOJ's were after 1.08 came out. :lol:

Seriously, They are dropping very rarely as it is, and I dont mind the few you find in the Cat's. TP Books are gone.

Thanks for the feedback and be sure to post if you have more.
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Return to “Darkness Weaves”