aceunknown wants answers!

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

No votes

Total votes: 0

aceunknown

aceunknown wants answers!

Post by aceunknown » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:53 am

yeh ive bee playin NDX for probably a week now, and i have a lvl 117 barb. i am overall please with the mods increase in inventory, stash, and cube space, and its increase in exp by monsters, while decreasing the exp needed for the next level...bravo, im impressed... but now that im in act 5(and still interested in playing :D ) ive finally decided to stop ignoring the fact that my inventory and stash is ALWAYS full. so i went to the site to find a guide on the cube recipies and rune words that only helped a little, considering that half the cube recipies dont work...now i hate to be mean, and im a "spread the love" kinda guy, but i dont think its to much to ask for a few more hints on the recipies. ive spent hours reading the posts by 54x and others about the cube and rune words, and it helped a little. ive also spent hours downloading mpq viewers tryin to find cubemain.txt,and ive tried to download earlier versions of the mod to see what i could get... but ive found NOTHING! i need help, im starting to get sick of 54x being so hesitant to spread any recipies around. i realize he doesnt want to repeat the same crap over and over again, but its annoying...anyone who can help, or can JUST TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THE FILE! email it to me if you have to, i dont care...

~AceUnKnown~

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: aceunknown wants answers!

Post by 54x » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:04 am

The file itself is in the patch_d2.mpq file that comes with NDX in your New Dawn X directory. There are plenty of guides to help you with mpqview problems and understanding cube.txt, so I won't provide help with that here in the NDX forum. However, if you're still stuck after reading the guides, there's always the general modmaking forum where people will be willing to answer such questions... you seem to be having difficulty finding the file so I'm going to assume you're unfamiliar with MPQView. You'll need a listfile for it, (that's what the 'open datafile' option is for) which you can find along with MPQView itself at the Keep's file center.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

aceunknown

Post by aceunknown » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:56 am

Well i already downloaded the beginners toolkit for, and tried using mpq viewer, and i did use the data file. ive tried several things, and still nothing... so in my random searching i found a different data file that didnt come with mpqviewer, and i found the file...thanks for your help 54x, but id say most of lifes questions answer themselves :D
Who loves everyone?
AceUnKnown does!

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:51 am

You'd be surprised how much stuff people can manage not to know when you're the person they think is responsible for 'tech support' :D

Anyway, it seems your problem's gone, so no more work for me here. Thanks for trying teh mod.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

aceunknown

Post by aceunknown » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:50 am

any chance you fixed that healing problem in your mod?
Who loves everyone?
AceUnKnown does!

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:27 am

Check the date of the message before yours. It's 2 and a half years old. The modmaker is long gone and that's why the forum was moved to unsupported mods.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:00 pm

aceunknown might have won the Keep Patience Award for sticking with this mod long after 54x disappeared. But as onyx says, once a mod ends up here the only dialog likely to occur is from one player to another. The main reason for the Unsupported Mods category is to keep visible the collected tribal knowledge a mod may have spawned, which might help newer players after the fact.

Nezeramontias is a most unusual exception which the modmaker specifically requested when we asked about it.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”