B1 1.10 uploaded, website back

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

B1 1.10 uploaded, website back

Post by 54x » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:39 am

UPDATE: The website is back up and the files for 1.10 B1 are linked from it. At the moment I think the keep still needs to link to the NDX website, so it can be accessed from this link. My updates will still be sporadic but at least I'll be working on NDX. Most of the re-implemented features in this version are items- I still need to change monsters and skills.

At the moment I am not actively working on North Star as you already knew. Unfortunately for a while I am also going to have to shelf New Dawn. I know lots of you will be greatly dissapointed at this decision but it's one that has already been made a long time ago by the actions I took. I've taken on far too many things in my free time.

At the moment, I'm practicing my already very good german for at least a good hour a day, continuing to teach myself spanish at least once a week, maintaining small contacts with other beginner Esperantists at least once a week, writing five different stories simultaneously each of which I will eventually have at novel length. Not to mention I'm having a really rough time at home, at school, and in general. I've also been having huge personal problems since about the time I started working on the mod, and all of the hobbies I do really stop me from thinking about those problems, help put the bad memories behind and let me live to some fragment of the same level as everyone else.

So not a brilliant time, but I've been dealing with it. Until now. This year they're giving us far more work than there is an excuse to, and I've been struggling to properly master the essay format after spending so much time on creative writing. I barely failed my first maths mock exam and now my parents are going beserk and trying to make me study more. I missed out on a pass by two percent.

Sound like a decent reason to put things on hold? I think so. I've virtually ported New Dawn X over already anyway, I simply need to implement some bugfixes, work out the porting problems with cubemain.txt, and add any new features I want (which involves learning the new skills files, which I'm only beginning to do. Once I start getting fully competent with them I'll be back to the old magic of doing things with textfiles that makes basic code editing look mediocre. Hoorah! ;)
Last edited by 54x on Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: B1 1.10

Post by 54x » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:03 am

Note that on hold does not mean I'm never working on NDX. It means I'm not guarenteed to work on it at all until I say it's off hold.
New Dawn (X)
North Star

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:29 am

This post will soon be updated with information regarding the website's relaunch and NDX 1.10B1.
New Dawn (X)
North Star

MasterMind

Post by MasterMind » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:31 pm

*sits patiently waiting for update*
All your mind shall belong to us!

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: B1 1.10 uploaded, website back

Post by 54x » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:07 am

Bumping the forum and this thread to let you know I've updated the original post.
New Dawn (X)
North Star

Vheod

Post by Vheod » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:36 pm

Hey, I dl game looks good but many problems. health mana potions say 0(zero)so they can't be used.druid poisen creeper does no damage at all(but great graphics).barb bash skill does no dmg. alot more skills have bugs with doing nothing or no synergies listed. but hey, aside from skills not working, game looks GREAT.

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:29 pm

Bash should work fine. I'm sure I used this skill in my own testing. And I didn't think I had changed poison creeper graphics? ...Are you sure you're talking about New Dawn X?
New Dawn (X)
North Star

Skiff

Post by Skiff » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:08 pm

What version of Diablo 2 I need to install NDX??? :?:
Last edited by Skiff on Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:14 pm

As the title says its 1.10...

- Mathiu Silverburg
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Lets take him down and burn his ass"

Skiff

Post by Skiff » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:28 pm

I understand that 1.10, but 1.10b or 1.10s???

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”