New skills for next version

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

New skills for next version

Post by 54x » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:01 am

Surprise surprise... The next version is the 1.10 version :) And that means new skills. I've got a few ideas already... (let's say that the non-curse trees for the necro are already covered) eg. an icy Hydra for the sorc. (which I can now do really easily!)

I would however like some input into what sort of skills you'd like and what they should replace in the skill tree.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

deathfiend

Re: New skills for next version

Post by deathfiend » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:51 am

I would like to see more passive skills for the char without many (necro, pala) Because you can have only 8 hotkeyes (without using qwe etc. which i dont) it makes it difficult to use all 12 possible max'ed out skills in ndx. Also, hybrids for almost all skills would be helpful, since it will allow me to max out skills i dont use.
A person's sig is a window into their soul...

Daylis

Post by Daylis » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:21 am

well as far as hotkeys, you can assign up to 16 of them, but you have to set up each char for the last 8 in the options menu.

I would always love to see something that gives the assassin some mass hitting attack, with out having to charge crap. Though thats prolly too much to ask for, unless it did much weaker damage to start with, cause as far as i have seen the assassin is a bit over balanced. At least in normal that is, i mean i killed baal and all the other bosses in about 15 seconds or less.

Daylis

Post by Daylis » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:24 am

oooh ooh ooh! i got one! if the ninja stars and what not are claw weapons (not sure if they are, they should be so the mastery can work with em), or even if they are not, a skill like strafe or multi shot for ninja stars would kick ass, and make a both a bit more diversity and funkyness to the assassin.

Dark-Ally

Post by Dark-Ally » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:51 pm

I like that assassin Idea Daylis. (Even though Assassins already kick ass)

deathfiend

Post by deathfiend » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:33 pm

Yes assasins are WAY overbalanced, level 20 claw mastery 8-O Maybe give her mace mastery (ninja stars are mace class). One thing that i'd like to see: Blade shield made level 50. At the point that you can get it in the game, you can literally just walk up to ppl and they die :D

Daylis

Post by Daylis » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:21 am

think the WAY overbalanced may not quite come close to getting the point over.

lvl 20 claw, lvl 20 dragon claw, lvl 20 burst of speed
lvl 118 assassin

dmg 1123-4127 (something like that)
982-3654 (again very similar)

this is just too crazy, more so with the fact i have lvl 20 blocking... sure my armour sucks but i block almost everything, kill baal in about 5 seconds kill meph in 2 hits... its wrong i tells you wrong... i am tempted to play a necro or druid due to the huge +to skills you can get with elite gems in every thing (+36 to all skills i think if everything has max) imagin that... that my friend is a lot of skells :) (or some damn nasty birds :roll: )

deathfiend

Post by deathfiend » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:30 am

You forgot the assasin can also do about 300 dmg a second thx to blade shield

Daylis

Post by Daylis » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:00 am

300 dmg a sec isnt much comparied to what i posted, trust me, with 95% increased attack speed (not counting weapons) and then the attack speed boosts i get like 8 attacks a second... thats a lot of damage more so since my attack rating is like 35k

deathfiend

Post by deathfiend » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:18 pm

true true

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:44 pm

After eventual modding I was thinking of making all the characters as powerful as the assassin... but also making the monsters a lot more powerful as well.

I've got some killer ideas for the mage classes. The necro will be able to melee and tank. Why? Because his spells will no longer rely so heavily on mana. In fact default mana cost has been halved. Instead all of his spells will be on timers so spells must be executed with thought. There will be some especially good ones that are on very long timers, probably with poison nova being a very good skill.

The sorceress will receive extra damage to her attacks via her energy stat, and have mana requirements a lot higher than default. Yes. You heard me right. So be prepared for sorceresses running around in leather armour with level 20 energy shield :) She has a lot of ideas running around in my head. The sorc will hopefully getting an icy hydra (if I can get it working) and losing either Ice Blast or one of her armour spells.

I'm not sure exactly what to do with that pesky druid yet. I might keep him spellcasting the way he currently is.

The Assassin will be quite close to how she was before... but less über. I'll see if I can convince ninja stars to classify themselves as katars... don't get your hopes up too high though. (actually I just thought of how I'll do this, and it should work. HAH! :) )

Barbarian... I might introduce some more interesting passives for him including an elemental damage mastery if I can get one to work, and a mastery to increase attack speed.

Amazon... not sure yet. There may be an extra skill added with a max of one skillpoint that makes her fire magic arrows as a passive. I'm not entirely sure :) Obviously you would still need normal arrows for your skill attacks, but this helps a bit in theory.

Paladin... no ideas at all yet really. A passive might be nice for once, seeing he has none.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”