54x distracts you while attempting to fix bugs in 1.10ndx

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

54x distracts you while attempting to fix bugs in 1.10ndx

Post by 54x » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:21 am

http://www.puzzlepirates.com

Look my up, my crew is recruiting. I go by the name of Diamondblade, and you can find me on Nu island.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

xantus

Re: 54x distracts you while attempting to fix bugs in 1.10nd

Post by xantus » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:11 am

are you aware of the bug where every unique spawns as "an evil force" with no attributes :D
(interestingly enough, the sword/staff for act2 still combines correctly, just becomes a bigger evil force :) )

is mind blast supposed to have a huge range? or is that another bug too (i like the 6.0-0.6 duration :D its funny when d2 messes up)

aside from the martial arts not keeping any charges(they dissapear after like .5 seconds, oddly blades of ice and lightning claws still apply their damage, but tigerstrike just makes it 100 criticalstrike), the kicks sometimes getting stuck in a kickingspasmingepilepsy, and burst/fade/venom only having a 1 second duration...the colors are great, and everything looks cool :)

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:41 pm

All of them? Sounds like I've missed an important column :)

*puts it first on his list of 'Things to check'*

Next time it's better if you create a new bug for each seperate thread. That way I can tell which one is which, and people can tell that the bug has already been posted from the topic. Thanks.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

goatchivo

Post by goatchivo » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:14 am

when do you think you'll work out some of the major bugs? cuz i think your mod is just freakin awesome but i cant use the potions and the unques are tweaked i think i speak for a lot of people that we please ask you to get on this as soon as you can because we really really like your mod.

MSI Magus
Paladin

Post by MSI Magus » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:03 am

Ya NDX was easily one of my fav mods(and iv played insane numbers of them). You added lots of new uniques which is my fav and some cube stuff but not enough that you had to memorize all sorts of annoying recipees or hunt them all down.

You also didnt do like every freaking mod maker seems to do nowdays and increase the difficulty 10x so that you either die to much or even if your not dying it takes to long to have any fun. Iv quit far to many mods recently like Vallhalla not even because their hard in the sense that im dying but because enemy stats were upped and now it freaking takes a year to accomplish anything(hitting one enemy for 50 mins to kill it is deffintly not my idea of fun).
You always seemed to find the proper balance making the game difficult enough but not enough that I was constantly dying or that the enemies took a year to kill. Nor was I never dying.

Diablo 1 and 2 were always power lvl games. You died but if you spent long enoug working on your charcter you could raise them to insanly strong lvls. I think alot of people liked that, it was more about the hunt for new stuff and powering up your charcter then running for your life(though even when insanly powerfull now and then you would have to do that.).

So anyways. Can you give us any kind of progress report? Im not asking for an exact date on NDX or NS or anything maybe just like you think its a month or two away or will be 6 months or a year. Just an estimate.

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:49 pm

@MSI Magus - unfortunatelly I doubt 54x could give us an estimate time (but of course I'd love to see the next release), because ALL massive online games have "just 15 more minutes syndrome". Thats what you say to yourself when its time to get to sleep... and dawn catches you at the computer :P Its not only in terms of day but months or years ( its too addictive sometimes ). I really hope 54x would find some time to work on NDX or NS but its really hard to say sometimes.

- Mathiu Silverburg
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Lets take him down and burn his ass"

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”