Merc bug?

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

GrnDayFan6

Merc bug?

Post by GrnDayFan6 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:34 pm

( for New Dawn X 1.10 B1 )

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a feature, but a freshly-bought level 7 cold merc from act 1 started with with 89 str and 146 dex, making her very powerful as soon as she had a bow in her hands. Also, while I'm informing you, I'm agreeing with the previously mentioned bugs of potions not working, uniques spawing as "An evil force" without mods, and some skills having "receive bonuses from:" while others fail to actually list what skills they receive bonuses from. Also, one skill in particular that I noticed, the Ranger's Charged Strike receives +117444627% lightning dmg per lvl from lightning bolt :-)

Other than those bugs I noticed ( I've only played it for appx. 1/2 hour so far ), I want to say that otherwise, this mod is shaping up to be quite fun and interesting to play :-) Keep up the good work!

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Merc bug?

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:25 pm

I can tell you that high mrecs stats isnt a bug. they are strong at the beginning but remeber one thing: you can level up to lvl 250 ( at least you could in previous versions, it isnt implented yet in ndx 1.10 b1 as far as i know ), while merc cannot. So they had to have higher stats to not became useless fast. Its working if 250lvl is implented, if the lvl ammount isnt changed then merc become overpowered. Correct me if im mistaken about 250lvl in 1.10 b1.

- Mathiu Silverburg

P.S. Dont understand it as a letter of complaint, please. As 54x plays puzzle piratees, i play priston tale, so i can understand why he have little time for everything else.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Lets take him down and burn his ass"

GrnDayFan6

Post by GrnDayFan6 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:55 am

Okay, that does make sense about the merc being stronger at first to avoid becoming useless at later levels, if they can only get up to level 99 while we can get to lvl 250. Although I'm not absolutely sure if he implemented the 250 lvl char in NDX 1.10 B1, it would seem so as far as I've played, as I'm level 29 and only just started act II normal (while in normal D2X, I'd be around 17-18 or so). Anyway, thanks again for your insight on the merc situation, it makes alot more sense now.

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:13 pm

When i was finishing act 2 norm i was about lvl 50 ( 46+ ), but i was playing with "players 8", which does not seem to work in 1.10... :(

- Mathiu Silverburg

Vheod

Post by Vheod » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:48 pm

in 1.10 "players 8" was switched to "/players 8"

Mathiu Silverburg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Mathiu Silverburg » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:10 pm

Oh, didnt know that, thanks for the info :)

- Mathiu Silverburg

GrnDayFan6

Post by GrnDayFan6 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:43 pm

Yea, it took me a day or two before I learned that "players 8" had been changed to "/players 8". Once I learned that, it was fine from there. I'll probably be around there (lvl 50 ish, maybe 60 if I push it) once I finish act 2 norm. If I get there... the problem with potions not being consumable is starting to kick in now, as I have a 'zon, and life isn't her biggest strength. So hopefully another version will come out soon to correct these issues, and I can continue to whoop up :-)

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:04 pm

Fixing this is my biggest priority for this (currently) sadly cut back version of NDX.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”