Bug reports

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Fellerd

Re: Bug reports

Post by Fellerd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:45 am

Hello!I am one of the users with Windows XP errors.I'm aware that they're known about,I'll just share the errors I'm experiencing,hoping it will help for the fix.
Errors:
Expression : Exceeded maximum allowable number of states

and

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptUnit

I also recently experienced errors when loading the game through d2se(it was something about d2dreamlands),but I fixed it-found a missing "#" in the d2se setup where it says to use the before-mentioned dll.It's loading properly now,except for when I try to start the game with a character(newly created,I deleted the old ones,because they had obsolete stuff in their inventory)I experience the 2 errors I stated above.I hope my info helps,and good luck with the future of the mod :) .

P.S. How can I attach my debuglog?It doesn't allow txt,I tried a doc,it doesn't allow that either.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:24 am

Fellerd" wrote:Hello!I am one of the users with Windows XP errors.I'm aware that they're known about,I'll just share the errors I'm experiencing,hoping it will help for the fix.
Errors:

and

Assertion Failure

I also recently experienced errors when loading the game through d2se(it was something about d2dreamlands),but I fixed it-found a missing "#" in the d2se setup where it says to use the before-mentioned dll.It's loading properly now,except for when I try to start the game with a character(newly created,I deleted the old ones,because they had obsolete stuff in their inventory)I experience the 2 errors I stated above.I hope my info helps,and good luck with the future of the mod :) .

P.S. How can I attach my debuglog?It doesn't allow txt,I tried a doc,it doesn't allow that either.
The error happens because D2Dreamland.dll is required to run. I'm working on fix the issues for winXp users, so expect it to be solved in next patch Xaphan releases.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Does not let me craft a hand crossbow with sockets, any reason?

Jelle

Post by Jelle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Orb of transmutation doesn't work on quivers (tested with a major orb on a normal sanctified quiver)

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:18 am

When I have a soulstone shard(or w/e the monster token is from Andariel) is in my inventory, I can't look at set items without crashing. So putting them in the set helmet is out of the question..

EDIT:
I'm wearing the viz-jaqtar set if that makes a difference as well

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 am

???in your inventory or when you socket it???are you aware of the D2 engine limitation of 44 lines per item???never socket a item with more than two lines in a Set piece...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Sometimes, when you try to hover a set item, the game crash. It's very random and probably due to an edit Iv'e done on set items display (Kingpin did show me this). However I have no idea why it is random and how to fix it, but it's something I want to fix in the future :)

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:50 am

Just in the inventory, I was planning on socketing it into the helmet. I did forget about the two lines though, thanks. Wouldn't have worked anyways

TryProxy

Post by TryProxy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi, congratulations for this mod, (I state that I use ubuntu with wine) I have installed the version 5.00 and update 5.02 and I have found 4 problems:
the first has already been explained some post higher...
Fellerd" wrote: Errors:

and

Assertion Failure
The second problem was an "access violation" etc etc selecting certain items
The third was that the game (once solved the first and the second problem) crashed just the character going out from any city
Since I am a huge NOOB, I solved the problem by changing 2 files with those of version 4.00 and 4.01
Specifically I changed the following files:
D2Mod.ini, Patch_LrdO.mpq and I added the folder "data" with music folder for any act in /Diablo II/MODS/Le Royaume des Ombres/ because (my fourth problem) in the version 5.00 in the cities you could hear the music of the original Diablo2
At the moment I have not encountered any other problem or crash (but I'm sure it isn't definitely the best solution could found)

I write because if maybe someone else has similar problems can try this NOOB way XD

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Hmm, I guess your playing on windows XP, right ?

If yes, there is a know issue with this OS and the mod currently. It's almost fixed but an other issue has been found that prevent me to release the fix for now.

TryProxy

Post by TryProxy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 pm

no, i play in linux (ubuntu) with Wine :)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Oh ok!

Well, I can't really make sure the mod will work correctly on linux unfortunately.

TryProxy

Post by TryProxy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 pm

np, I'll try the same, and eventually I will write what does not work ^^

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Hello Xaphan, I think I`ve said this before, but you`ve done a great work within your mod.
I`ve just downloaded it again and I noticed a small bug, while it`s a not big issue and it`s not a gameplay bug could be still annoying - some of the skill icons become transperant in the control panel, probably because using color index of 000000, if you`re using photoshop and you wanna spend some time on fixing this I`ve a ready pallete which I`m using for my SkillIcons which prevents this from happening.

Cheers ;)

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 pm

I haven't had that problem. You might add if your using glide or not and what class player you had the problems on.

BillGatesBoss

Post by BillGatesBoss » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:45 pm

hi Xaphan,

when i launch game, it happens

since i don't know what its effect, i didn't play game. So what's it exactly?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:51 pm

The problem is you are under windwos XP (I guess). Mod is not compatible with windows XP for now, until the issue is solved :)

If you'r not under windows WP, make sure that D2Dreamland.dll is in the mod folder. Your error mean the mod can't load it because it's not found.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:30 am

he is XP...i know cuz i got those same errors and then some more...anyway any news on will the next patch work on XP???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:29 pm

It will yes. Kingpin told me he still need some weeks to fix the issue. I also need some weeks to complete version 6.00 so hopefully Dreamland will be updated when I'm done :)

Strangelet

Post by Strangelet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:31 am

Any news on 6.00?I just closed the game in vanilla mode and i want to start again as a paladin with this mod,i'm on xp.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:09 am

Still in the work :)

As of now, my plan is to include the fix for XP with version 6.00, but that is entierely dependent of if Kingpin have done it before I'm done with version 6.00 or not. He told me he still need a few weeks, so we will see.

I plan to release a public test version soon to get some feedbacks about the new mana system as well as the balance done to items. Unfortunately, it will most likely not be XP compatible.

Strangelet

Post by Strangelet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 am

So wich OS are compatible with this mod?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Vista, 7, and, I guess, 8.
Can't tell you of older ones work (Win 95 - 98) as I do not have thems anymore.

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:51 pm

V 5.02 L'item pour ouvrir son coffre à distance ne fonctionne pas... J'ai essayé dans la ville et en dehors.

Strangelet

Post by Strangelet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:05 pm

So how come it works on 7/8 but it doesn't work on the os of wich the game was made for?

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”