Bug reports

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.03 (French and English)

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Well, it's both wrong on your and my end :
- Your, cause you did not select the right folder to install
- Mine, because I could have made that automatic, but I did not.

So, I will try to explain here :
- When you start the installation of the mod, it will ask you a folder to install it in (like any other software). You have to select the 'MODS' directory that is where you installed D2SE. So, let's say Diablo 2 is installed in : 'C:\Games\Diablo II', then, you should have installed D2SE in the Diablo II folder, and your MODS folder is at 'C:\Games\Diablo II\MODS'. That's where you have to install the mod, so a new folder will be created inside your MODS folder, called Le Royaume des Ombres. If all is done well, in this exemple you must end with all mod files in 'C:\Games\Diablo II\MODS\Le Royaume des Ombres'.

I'm working on an new full version wich will do the job for you, so this problem won't apear again. Sorry for this !

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Just kidding I got it, It does work TCP/IP right?

Whats the problem if you go to click on create character and you get an error?

EDIT
yeah I figured it was on my end. I got it working, my brother is trying to play and its giving him an error when he clicks on Create a Character.
How do we fix that?

Also, I have started playing it only level 6, but I love it so far.
Could become best D2 mod ever... I love new item Graphics

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Doses it get it immediately when he click on Create character, or doses it get it once he try to enter a game ?

Also, what's version of windows is he using (and Service pack if any). Something may be wrong depending of this, as it seems to work for you.

And yes, Mod can be used playing wia TCP IP without problem :) I do that most of the time to test it ^^

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Doses it get it immediately when he click on Create character, or doses it get it once he try to enter a game ?

Also, what's version of windows is he using (and Service pack if any). Something may be wrong depending of this, as it seems to work for you.

And yes, Mod can be used playing wia TCP IP without problem :) I do that most of the time to test it ^^
As soon as he clicks Ok to create the character.

He uses Windows XP, Service pack 3.

I use Windows 7.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Look like he got the same problem as Lucifer666. Unfortunately, we did not found why this is happening ;(

I'm still trying to figure this out.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Look like he got the same problem as Lucifer666. Unfortunately, we did not found why this is happening ;(

I'm still trying to figure this out.
Yeah I seen that it seemed like they were having similar problems...It's weird.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 pm

I have updated the first post with new versions of files wich include an reworked assistant to instal the mod :
- Now, assistant dosen't ask you where to install the mod : He found where you installed Diablo 2 automatically
- Updates now doses the same, and you won't end with many uninstall files for each update : There will be only 1 uninstall file that will remove the mod and all updates

Also, first post now only have 1 link for versions 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 etc... and 1 link for updates, so it's easier for you.

If you have any problems with theses new files, please let's me know.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Shared gold doesn't work in shared stash, Idk if it was intended to.
So far so good :P

Cant wait for the rest of this game.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Intended, yes :)

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:13 am

Xaphan" wrote:Craft is implemented. To understand how it work, go in any Town (Not outpost) and speak to the NPCs. They will tell you how to craft :) Oh and yes, there is a Cube, you get it on the 2nd quest (don't forget to take it from the chest on the ground !).

For Dex/Str/Enr, yes they work (Enr only in 1.03+). There is a tome right in the beggining of first explorable area that explain all. You must wear a weapon to get Dex and Str bonuses.

---

Also small note : I updated the installation assistant on the 1.00 version of the mod. It now check if Diablo 2 is installed properly, as well as D2SE. If it's not the case, it tell you wich one is missing and won't install the mod until you fix the problem. I'm going to do the same for updates, so it will check if mod is already installed before updating. Theses checks should prevent any installation problems for future users.

Edit : Updates now have the check too. They won't install if mod is not installed.
Awesome, thats a good idea.
Also, my brother installed Windows 7 on his PC couldn't get it to work.
Now he has windows 8 on his laptop, installed D2, installed D2SE and d/l your mod and put it in.
When he clicks to run your mod nothing happens lol. Doesn't load anything. -_-

I have no idea.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:19 am

Tylenoll" wrote:Awesome, thats a good idea.
Now he has windows 8 on his laptop, installed D2, installed D2SE and d/l your mod and put it in.
This happen because he did not have the Diablo II LOD CD-ROM in. Remember mod work on 1.10, wich need the CD-ROM !
When you open D2SE, there is a CD-ROM icon at the right (select the mod first). If it's green, all is ok. If it's red, then click on it and it will tell you what files are missing to play witout the CD-ROM. Just copy theses files from the CD-ROM's.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:26 am

Xaphan" wrote:
Tylenoll" wrote:Awesome, thats a good idea.
This happen because he did not have the Diablo II LOD CD-ROM in. Remember mod work on 1.10, wich need the CD-ROM !
When you open D2SE, there is a CD-ROM icon at the right (select the mod first). If it's green, all is ok. If it's red, then click on it and it will tell you what files are missing to play witout the CD-ROM. Just copy theses files from the CD-ROM's.
Man :( I thought that might be it but...I select the mod and the CD is still green. Try to load the mod and nothing happens again. I even re-downloaded both your mod and D2SE just now.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:31 am

Well, you said he is using Windows 8. I'm not sure mod or even Diablo 2 work on this OS. Try to change compatibility mode of D2SE.exe to Windows 7 SP1 maybe. Doses the unmodded game start ?

Edit : I just read that you maye have to play in windowed mode on windows 8 to get it to work. Try it :)

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:32 am

Xaphan" wrote:Well, you said he is using Windows 8. I'm not sure mod or even Diablo 2 work on this OS. Try to change compatibility mode of D2SE.exe to Windows 7 SP1 maybe. Doses the unmodded game start ?

Edit : I just read that you maye have to play in windowed mode on windows 8 to get it to work. Try it :)
Yes unmodded works fine. Just when I try to open the Mod in D2SE nothing happens.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:36 am

Then that probably come from some of the plugins used by the mod, and unfortunately I can't change that :s They are probably not compatible with windows 8.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 am

He's been trying to run this game for like 6 hours haha :cry:

When I run it in regular windows mode still nothing happens.

When I run it with Windows 7 Compatibility, something happens but then we get Unhandled Exception Error C0000005

lol

:-|

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 am

Doses that mean you did all your tests on windows 8, under compatibility mode ? Or doses the first tests where done on an other computer with windows 7 ?

Maybe try with a virtual computer. That's a bit much for just a mod, but I don't really see what to do else.

Edit : Oh and check the Anti-virus program. it may block some DLL used by the mod. Someone had this once, and that prevented the mod from starting.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 am

Xaphan" wrote:Doses that mean you did all your tests on windows 8, under compatibility mode ? Or doses the first tests where done on an other computer with windows 7 ?

Maybe try with a virtual computer. That's a bit much for just a mod, but I don't really see what to do else.

Edit : Oh and check the Anti-virus program. it may block some DLL used by the mod. Someone had this once, and that prevented the mod from starting.
His error sounds like ASLR issue, possible one of plugins/code changes you using is not following ASLR?

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 am

kingpin" wrote:
Xaphan" wrote:Doses that mean you did all your tests on windows 8, under compatibility mode ? Or doses the first tests where done on an other computer with windows 7 ?

His error sounds like ASLR issue, possible one of plugins/code changes you using is not following ASLR?

What is an ASLR issue? can it be fixed?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:00 am

Hmm, all of the edits I do was always by following what someone said me to do. I did not even know what ASLR was before searching on the net for it ^^. So I think Necrolis and other codders here know that what they said me to do is ok.
For plugins, I think it's the same, as other poeple is using thems without problem.

Strange part of this is some poeple get crash I (and my friend) did not, while playing on the same OS as the ones that crash (Me on W7, my friend on Xp). So I don't really understand :s

Edit : Here is what is ASLR. It' related to code, something I don't really understand well myself :)

@kingpin : Any ideas of tests I may try to find a solution to this problem ? I must say I don't know what to do on theses bugs :s

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:15 am

I got this error in a TCP/IP game... I was about to level and casting a skill and boom :(

ZachInTheBox

Post by ZachInTheBox » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:36 am

So I finally got this to work after 8 hours of trying, and come to find out I'm not getting Fame per kill, I'm not getting fame at all. Also, when I level, the nova does NOT shoot out and kill everything like it's supposed to. Just wondering what the problem may be.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

Are there actual runewords right now?
How do you complete a charm?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 am

ASLR is simple:

This is how we was used to code before we got aware of ASLR: D2GetClient is D2Game.6FCBC2E0. That's the address the function. It's Imagebase address is 6FC3000. the relative address is 8C2E0. What happens is that the base address will randomly change so we will crash if that happens. To avoid this you don't declare Imagebase address as fixed address instead you allow it to be dynamically assigned and with this you will make it ASLR compatible.

The problem with ASLR is the randomize part, sometimes you wont get it randomized and sometimes you will. To test it yourself you could keep reboot your computer to see if you crash or the more effective is check the plugin codes if it's open source.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:53 pm

@Tylenoll : There is no location specified in your error message, wich is strange. Where where you when crash happened ? Wich class where you playing and wich skill whre you casting ? Did the crash happened again later ? Maybe this will help me to figure it out.

For runewords, that's strange you ask me this. If you properly updated to lastest version, you should drop many Runic scrolls that contain runewords. If you do not, you diden't updated properly. Check on game menu the version number of the mod. It should be 1.03. There is no runewords in game before 1.02. For charms, well, I think you mean monster charms. Just put 2 identical monster charms together in the cube. Let's say you have 2 'Demon Blood' charms. Both will show 1/5. Combine the 2 together and you will get a 2/5. Combine this 2/5 with an other 1/5 to get 3/5, and so on till 5/5 (It will then show completed).

@ZachInTheBox : No fame and no nova when you level up ? Well, when you create a character, it start with an invisible item that give it the fame per kill and trigger the aura. SO, if you do not get theses, that mean this invisible item is not on you, far whaterver reason. Try to make a new char and see ,what happen. If this dosen't work, there is something wrong somewhere. This has been done possible by editing some DLL to allows stats on starting items, so it may be related to others errors here and there...

@kingpin : On my side, I've rebooted my computer probably hundred of times since most of the code edit I do, and never crashed like Tylenoll or Luciffer666. So... strange !

@All : To test if the problem comes from any of my edits, you can try the following :
Go in the mod folder, and remove the following DLLs (put thems in an other folder) : D2Client.dll, D2Common.dll, D2DDraw.dll, D2Game.dll, D2Lang.dll, D2Launch.dll, D2sound.dll, D2Win.dll and Fog.dll.
Then try to start the mod : Many things may seems glitchy, but you can still start a new character. Many things will not work, such as fame, nova on level up, and even you will not hit monsters, but this is just to test if you can start the game. If yes, exit it (completely exit diablo II each time) and put the DLLs back in, one at a time : put one back in, test, if it work, put an other one, if it crash, we will know that the DLL you just put in is the problem. If it still crash when no DLL is in, then it may come from a plugin.

Important : I just double check every DLL, and it apear that I made a mistake : the following DLLs should not be installed (I removed thems from my mod folder, but not from the folder I use to compile the installation file of the mod : D2DDraw.dll, D2Lang.dll, D2sound.dll, and Fog.dll. Please delete thems from the mod fodler. I will update the 1st post with a new file that will not install theses DLLs. Sorry for this !

Edit : Currently re-uploading version 1.00 corrected (I removed unneeded DLLs and also somep lugins that where not used anymore to prevent bugs from thems)

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”