Concepts / Ideas

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Concepts / Ideas

Post by Xaphan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 pm

This will be a place to discuss around ideas I have (or you).

Let's start with theses ones :

1. Improving Veteran monsters : the Blood rage
The idea is to give a new buff called blood rage to every monster around the Veteran monster for a short duration when he die. The buff would increase other monsters speeds, damage and chance to hit. In other words, they did not like you killed one of their leader and they let's you know it ! The buff may be only given sometimes, not always, else this would lead to dumb situations. The idea is to make the player thinking : Should I kill the Veteran, wich may buff all monsters, or should I keep it alive and kill others monsters first ? Note that this idea may be appliqued to Elites monsters as well.

2. Souls crystals
This idea come to my mind when I saw the gems in path of exile. (The red, blue and green ones). The idea is simple. Every monster in the game have powers, and the idea is to make each type of monster able to drop a soul crystal that allow the player to get the monster power. An other idea for thems is to make items spawn sometimes with free emplacements, and you can put a crystal in each emplacement. Crystal add more properties to an item, increasing it's usefullness. Red crystal should get melee bonuses, green ones get ranged oriented bonuses and blue ones get magic oriented bonuses.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Concepts / Ideas

Post by Desocupado » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 am

Improving Veteran monsters
I find delayed effects more interesting (like meteor) as it gives a gameplay option to avoid the effect (Run).
The bloodlust could be delayed. Or it could (also) increase move speed of affected monsters (to make it hard for ranged characters)

Other options for on kill effects include:
Damage spells
Curses/Debuffs (in particular reducing movement speed would be a interesting anti-ranged feature)
Healing monsters around
Making monsters temporarily invulnerable
Summon a random "unique" monster (from a list) - some sort of Wraith/Spirit

Soul Crystals
Some Castlevania games (the ones with Soma Cruz) have a mechanic similar to PoE crystals - but each monster grants 1 type (of souls), instead of having all three, and you can equip one of each kind. (perhaps I'll use such idea myself, since I removed gloves/belt/boots)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Yea differents effects may be better than alwars the same for veterans. This is probably something I need to look at before doing anything, but you had some nice ideas here.

And for the Soul crystals working similar to Castelvania games, I must admit I did not even thinj about it, and it seems interresting. I will see whan can be done with theses crystals ;)

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Well if you use monequip (with automagic) instead of monprop, you can get some nice randomization.

Besides the Gray soul (always on, from bosses) the other souls were, respectively:
Bullet Souls - Ranged/Attack - Offensive
Guardian Souls - Summon/Buff - Defensive
Enchant Souls - Stats/Improve other souls

Stalkeri

Post by Stalkeri » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Gender change Female/male, male hunter or Sorc is it possible?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Hmm, probably with a lot of CE and work on animations, but do not count on it, it's way too much work to make this happen :(

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:00 pm

what about weapon swap for mercenaries?
Personally i prefer diablo without any mercenaries but since i dont see that happening i thought of making them more efficient. :)

WolfgarZG

Post by WolfgarZG » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Crafting idea : there are crafting materials when you salvage an item, why not combine them inside the cube to get a random item? Something in that way.

Hex28

Post by Hex28 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:56 am

Idea: A privat server for Le Royaume des Ombres?

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Stalkeri" wrote:Gender change Female/male, male hunter or Sorc is it possible?
Or make any of the 7 models selectable for any one class? I.e., a huntress with a necromancer body or a barbarian with a sorceress body :). Hmm...

I guess dual wielding would still give you animation work.

Teragon

Post by Teragon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 pm

This may already be possible but not documented but i would like to see 2 cube recipies

2 recipes for dealing with socketed items one for recovering charms that destroys the weapon and one for recovering the socketed weapon that destroys the charms

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Teragon" wrote:This may already be possible but not documented but i would like to see 2 cube recipies

2 recipes for dealing with socketed items one for recovering charms that destroys the weapon and one for recovering the socketed weapon that destroys the charms
Go in any major town and look for the 'Ishar [Artisan]' NPC. He sell a kit that remove anything socketed in an item. You do not lose anything using this kit.

NTT123

Post by NTT123 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Imho:
Items:
1.Monsters drops to many items.
2.Almost all items yellow!!!, hard to separate.
3.Didnt found any unique item.
4.Act boss drop crap.
5.Hard to find increased gold find% items.
6.Mercs can equip any tier items =), this is not balanced.

Monsters:
1.Some champions, elite, etc are to weak and gives not so many exp.
2.Act boss to weak and gives not so many exp.

Skills:
1.Some of skills is total useless. Some overpowered. In my opinon tier system like in classic d2lod was not so bad. Tier 1,6,12,18,24,32,40 lvl or something. Give us weak skills in low tiers and strong in hi tiers. Some skill can be in one line, example guided arrow --> divine arrow.
2.Specialities reset scroll(if it possible :P ).
Last edited by NTT123 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:42 pm

NTT123" wrote:Imho:
Items:
1.Monsters drops to many items.
I'm sure these things will change a lot before the mod is done. It doesn't even have more than 3 acts yet. The upcoming patch will remove a lot of the clutter by removing the tons of moster charms and artefacts.
2.Almost all items yellow!!!, hard to separate.
I agree that the dropt rate of rares is very high at the moment.
3.Didnt found any unique item.
They don't drop, they are cubed from the souls of super unique monsters. You will occasionally find an item named "Soul of xyz" from super uniques. It comes with instructions how to cube the unique item.
4.Act boss drop crap.
Yes, they could use some improvement. I like it that we are not forced to do bossruns, but I would also like to see that they are still viable if we want to do them.

Monsters:
1.Some champions, elite, etc are to weak and gives not so many exp.
Any particular area? I found them to be rather balanced in terms of exp, apart from the fact that veterans are hardly challenging while the pink ones (elite?) can be extremely dangerous.
2.Act boss to weak and gives not so many exp.
Not sure about this. I had to use some hit and run occasionally, it all depends on the character build.
Skills:
1.Some of skills is total useless. Some overpowered.
This will be adressed in a later patch. There's some balancing going on while the mod is being created, but it's not yet the focus. Xaphan published the mod when only one act was done, at the moment there are still only three of them and no higher difficulties.
In my opinon tier system like in classic d2lod was not so bad. Tier 1,6,12,18,24,32,40 lvl or something. Give us weak skills in low tiers and strong in hi tiers. Imho some skill can be in one line, example guided arrow --> divine arrow.
I actually like it to have the skills accessible right from the start because it allows to play the desired build right away instead of saving points until the skills, which are worth investing points into, are available. But I know from experience that some players tend to have a very different opinion on this.
Generally, lots of the points you address are known issues and will be changing a lot until the mod is done.

NTT123

Post by NTT123 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 pm

I actually like it to have the skills accessible right from the start because it allows to play the desired build right away instead of saving points until the skills, which are worth investing points into, are available. But I know from experience that some players tend to have a very different opinion on this.
U dont need to save points, couse u can buy very good item - skills reset scroll. Price is only 25k gold(imho to cheap).

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes, you're right. I forgot about that :)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:58 pm

there is a interesting feature in Mod Lord of Maidens,that is a Debuff with Shout AOE which has a Chance of 15% triggering when you kill a Enemy...in that mod EVERY enemy got that chance...you could add something like that for Veterans...Debuff Spells there are for Move and Attack Speed -40%,HP Degen -50,Mana Recovery -500%,Negative Resists -300%,Grind Debuff -90% EXP and -500% GF and MF...would make them very dangerous opponents...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed May 07, 2014 1:36 pm

TBH, that sounds a bit annoying. It would be OK for champs/elites, but seriously, ALL the monsters?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Yep...increadibly hard mod that is,but you can pretty much get OP really fast once you get to know the mod better...and those Debuffs are not that dangerous outside the Special Areas of that mod...That mod is one of the BEST I have played,and i still play it...Best 3 mods in my Eyes for now are Eastern Sun NUMBER ONE,Zy-El for Two,and Lord of Maidens on Three...Le Royame is also very nice and depending on it's further improvement it might come up there with my favorites...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

rebornn

Post by rebornn » Sun May 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Let monster drop completed monster charm with 5-10x lower droprate chance.
It's annoying to pick every part of monster charm and later cube it..

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 pm

I acutally like having a slight randomness with the extra stat on monster charms. Why was it removed? Any particular reason?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon May 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Yes. The reason is that you just found a bug :)

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Avec plaisir :mrgreen:

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon May 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Fixed :) Ty for reporting this !

Tikimessia

Post by Tikimessia » Wed May 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi, so i have an idea about skill: i think it lacks of big spell for each caracters, i thought about that when i saw the icons of guild wars, i think u should make elite skills that you can have it in high lvl or you need to do hard dungeon, it can be fun and it would be change a bit the gameplay, its a bit boring after act 2, so maybe u should consider that.^^

Given that i play ritualist it would be good, i think the offensive spirit lack of dmg a bit, maybe an elite which boost the next spirit u cast(if its possible).

And for the ritualist i have an idea for the weapon spell, i think u should oriented these spells in proc hit spell(lighting release on hit something like that) and it could be good to play with a hireling or maybe a weapon ritualist build, so u ll see its just an idea. ^^

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”