Discution on progress !

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Discution on progress !

Post by Xaphan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey !

It's time for me to up this again. there have been some months now since no news from me for the mod, but it is not dead ! Better, I'm here to announce that a new version will be avaible soon ;) (I think, in like 1 month)

Here is what will be in it :
- Whole act 1 done. That's 50 maps !
- Items are completely reworked. They have new names, atributes and pictures. item now also come with 2 types of stats : greens stats wich depend of the item inscription/insigna and brown stats that are the magical affixes.
- Some new types of items are added, as well as some class items.
- New way to equip items. No need to have strength, dexterity or energy anymore. Now you have to choose a 'Path' skill that will alow you to use weapons and armors it belong to.
- Craft system improved. It will now be easier to make socketed, magic or rares items !
- Changes to hirelings so they can use more items, as well as hireling only items.
- Experience calculation are improved : you level faster at the beggining. I lan to change the level cap from 75 to 100, where the last 25 levels will be special levels that will be hard to get and will provide some new way of character personnalisation.
- Artefact and rune systems will be improved.
- Many bugs and crash corrected :)
- Complete support of english version of LOD.

And there is what I would like to include, if I have the time :
- Some runewords
- Some unique items
- Maybe some sets
- Changes to current strength, dexterity and energy utility
- English translation

Speaking of english translation, I will probably need 2 or 3 persons to help me to translate. If you'r intersted, you can PM me, but keep in mind that there is a lot to translate (20.000 + new entries aproximately)

Thanks for reading !

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - Preview version

Post by weapon-x » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 am

cool bro,

will stay tuned for the english version ;)

good luck
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Speaking of english translation, I will probably need 2 or 3 persons to help me to translate. If you'r intersted, you can PM me, but keep in mind that there is a lot to translate (20.000 + new entries aproximately)
Translate from French to English, puh will be hard to find anyone here who could do it I guess. My knowledge of the french language is to low for it, even after 5 years i school:P.

But I will try it out for sure after you released an english version:).

AlphA

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Yes I know it will be hard to find someone here :(

If I have to translate all myself, I will do it, but it will not be in the upcoming release (maybe in the next ?) as I think I will need a whole month if not more only to translate everything ! (And there will probably be some errors here and there).

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Yes I know it will be hard to find someone here :(

If I have to translate all myself, I will do it, but it will not be in the upcoming release (maybe in the next ?) as I think I will need a whole month if not more only to translate everything ! (And there will probably be some errors here and there).
French is my primary language ;)

Message me and send me what I need, and I will try to find some spare time to help on this

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Post by prawn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 pm

good to hear things are progressing! sorry can't help with the french!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:57 pm

With the help of kidpaddle94, there is hope that the mod will be at least partially translated. That's always better than not translated at all :)

Edit :

Here is 3 screenshots taken from the mod as it is now :

Image Image Image

1st screenshot show the new items : Greens and brown stats. Greens stats are on every items, even whites. They change based of the name of the item (Berzerk, Cleric, Soldier, etc...) and increase your base stats (Strength, Dexteryty and energy) as well as two of you secondary stats (Vitality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Might). Brown stats are usuals prefixes and suffixes of the item. You can also see that I've used Diablo 3 items pictures ;)

2nd screenshot show how monsters now have a description. You can see wich power monster have, as well as the resistances they have. At the beggining, monster only have one power. Later, thay gain resistance to one damage type. Even later, they gain more powers and more resistances.

3st screenshot show the new dyes in action. You can dye all your stuff to the color you want, to look exactly how you want to. Thanks to Mnw1995 that helped me to do so and included french translation to it :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:56 am

Good mod , im looking forward to see it translated . Nothing more to say . the universal language is English . Thats why no one makes mods on Bulgarian for example.

Oh and By the way great skin for items imported from games like - D3,Titan quest,probably torchlight (not sure)
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 am

prodigypm" wrote:Good mod , im looking forward to see it translated . Nothing more to say . the universal language is English . Thats why no one makes mods on Bulgarian for example.
As I have finished the map of act 1 by now (including designing the 50 areas, wich represent more than 220 maps), pupulating thems with warious monsters and adding thems powers, changing dialogs and quests log santances), the remaining things to do will be done a lot faster. This mean I will probably have more time than what I was thinking at the beggining to translate the mod in english. Please be indulgnet as there will probably be many errors here and there. Fell free, once the mod is out, to point me thems and giving me a better wording :)
prodigypm" wrote:Oh and By the way great skin for items imported from games like - D3,Titan quest,probably torchlight (not sure)
Thanks. Items come from the following games :
- Diablo 3
- Titan Quest
- Mythos
- Guild Wars

Runes come from Baby's rune item pack, avaible here at the keep :)

There is more items I plan to add to the mod later, to improve personnalisation of your character even more. I still have to see what and how :)

Lastly, once the five acts will be done, I've already an idea about an endgame area that will consist of random choosed dungeons with specials rewards, but harder monsters than anywhere else. I plan to make it repeatable and becomming more and more hard to beat, but increasing rewards givens each time you beat it :) I still have to see what is doable and what is not for this to be a reallity.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 am

Xaphan" wrote:
prodigypm" wrote:Good mod , im looking forward to see it translated . Nothing more to say . the universal language is English . Thats why no one makes mods on Bulgarian for example.
As I have finished the map of act 1 by now (including designing the 50 areas, wich represent more than 220 maps), pupulating thems with warious monsters and adding thems powers, changing dialogs and quests log santances), the remaining things to do will be done a lot faster. This mean I will probably have more time than what I was thinking at the beggining to translate the mod in english. Please be indulgnet as there will probably be many errors here and there. Fell free, once the mod is out, to point me thems and giving me a better wording :)
prodigypm" wrote:Oh and By the way great skin for items imported from games like - D3,Titan quest,probably torchlight (not sure)
Thanks. Items come from the following games :
- Diablo 3
- Titan Quest
- Mythos
- Guild Wars

Runes come from Baby's rune item pack, avaible here at the keep :)

There is more items I plan to add to the mod later, to improve personnalisation of your character even more. I still have to see what and how :)

Lastly, once the five acts will be done, I've already an idea about an endgame area that will consist of random choosed dungeons with specials rewards, but harder monsters than anywhere else. I plan to make it repeatable and becomming more and more hard to beat, but increasing rewards givens each time you beat it :) I still have to see what is doable and what is not for this to be a reallity.
Thank you :).Will test it after its fully done (atm I'm playing 1 other mod + Diablo 3 from time to time).Keep up the good work :)
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Everything that needed to be done is now done, so mod is ready. But before releasing it, i'm going to translate as many text as I can ;) Also, kidpaddle94 help should make things quicker.

However,
Xaphan" wrote: And there is what I would like to include, if I have the time :
- Some runewords
- Some unique items
- Maybe some sets
- Changes to current strength, dexterity and energy utility
- English translation
This is not done yet, but will probably be added in future updates once mod is released.

Jeewdew
Paladin

Post by Jeewdew » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I'm SO looking forward to this. I've been missing something to mod my D2 with and this really seems like the mod I've been waiting for! =)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Translation is going well :)

I think it's like 30% translated now. I do my best so it's understandable, but fell free to point me out the errors once the mod is out so I can correct thems.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:31 am

Its good that you are giving constant info on - How my mod is doing .
Most of the mods dont do that . The only 1 like u is Volf.

Metal Storm , Most of SheX mods . And many many other not finished (for me) mods.
And after I told him . Your mod is dead - "My mod is not dead , its under dev. etc."
No updates , No screens , No info . Actually gives me flashbacks of 1 company - Blizzard !

:D

So keep up the good work buddy unlike most of em.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am

I'm going to post when there is some progress :)

For now, mod is almost 50% translated (I had free time today)

Here is a screen of the same rare item you saw on the first of the three screens above, but translated in english :

I hope it look good :) (Already corrected the typo 'defence' instead of 'defense')

So, what's still need to be translated ?
-> Skills descriptions (~1600 lines)
-> Armors items names (~6500 lines)
-> Misc items names (~1500 lines)
-> Some NPC speechs (not so much)
-> Some few other things I may have forgot, but should be almost nothing.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:19 pm

:)

Last Question . Is this mod Hi-Resolution ? or its 800x600 old eye-hurting stuff ?

PS. U have a PM

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:29 pm

prodigypm" wrote::)

Last Question . Is this mod Hi-Resolution ? or its 800x600 old eye-hurting stuff ?

PS. U have a PM
Yes. 1024x768 and 1280x768.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

prodigypm I like your style...

Xaphan you seem a mighty fine fellow yourself,and those pics look fine,now I am gonna try out mod for sure once you finish it...great work...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:prodigypm I like your style...

Xaphan you seem a mighty fine fellow yourself,and those pics look fine,now I am gonna try out mod for sure once you finish it...great work...
Don't man . Most of the people here know me as the biggest troll for my criticism to their mods.And a hater cuz I continue to criticize them although I dont have a mod.
For them that means I cant have an opinnion for anything ;) So thats what I love bout' this community. Only a little pack of people understands what I want and what i like

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 am

You are honest,there is nothing not to like there,few people have the balls to be honest nowadays...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 am

I will wait for this mod and probably after my first build I will go HC mod - It will be barb or pala . Cuz the mod has a lot of charms and an auradin will be good .
ACT 1 will be the greatest . from my past experience i know mods give their biggest effort on Town and ACT 1 then make little changes to other act just to finish the mod.

PS. Im only speculating , Hope that this will be a good finished mod and I wish good luck and nerves of steel to the modder :)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I don't want to do act 1 as the greatest, and other acts as {filtered} :) That's why I release it act by act, so I can get feedback for futhers acts, and considering I'm creating every maps of every acts, the game will be 100% different that the original. But this took time.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

WOW...few modders try that hard man...Kudos to you...I'll be watching this space...

I bite down hard

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Xaphan" wrote:I don't want to do act 1 as the greatest, and other acts as {filtered} :) That's why I release it act by act, so I can get feedback for futhers acts, and considering I'm creating every maps of every acts, the game will be 100% different that the original. But this took time.
Applause !

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun May 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Hey,

Translation is going well :)

If all go right, I think the first version of the mod fully translated will be released during the comming week, or the next one :)

I have already some plants for updates that will come probably shortly after that.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”