Spelling errors

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

MrSpycrab

Spelling errors

Post by MrSpycrab » Sun May 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Edit by Xaphan : Please report spelling errors here.

This way I can easily see thems and fix thems.

Thanks!

I've encountered some spelling errors:
  • - Spider in Vis-Jun hunting ground is named Tarentula instead of Tarantula
    - Couple of amulets: Necklass instead of Necklace and Medaillon instead of Medallion
    - Areat Axe should be Arreat Axe (if it is associated with Mount Arreat)
    - Sorc shield is Sanctuary Glob instead of Globe
    - And Corwn instead of Crown, as it was mentioned above
That's it for now :)

Templar_

Spelling errors

Post by Templar_ » Sun May 25, 2014 1:42 pm

About spelling:
Starting assa sword should be called gladius instead of gladuis ;)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Spelling errors

Post by Xaphan » Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 pm

I've created this thread and moved your posts here so it will be easier for me :)

Templar_

Re: Spelling errors

Post by Templar_ » Sun May 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Warrior skill - destructive breath -> in description 'additional waves' instead of 'assitionnal waves'

MrSpycrab

Post by MrSpycrab » Tue May 27, 2014 6:01 pm

In "+X to attack rating" modificator "rating" is misspelled as "ratting"

Templar_

Post by Templar_ » Sat May 31, 2014 10:48 am

nvm
Last edited by Templar_ on Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Sat May 31, 2014 11:10 pm

What's wrong with wreath?

Templar_

Post by Templar_ » Sat May 31, 2014 11:48 pm

My mistake. Thought it was supposed to be wrath. Sry

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Everything above this post will be fixed in 4.00. Please post below if you find other ones.

Templar_

Post by Templar_ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Yearius's speech:
Befor[e ->is missing] corrupting me; Somewhere in that speech there should be use instead of uses i think, but can't double check now. Maybe someone will do that when killing that boss

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:16 pm

The correct english word is "worm", not "wurm" - "Wurm" is german btw. But I think that maggot would fit even better in this context. Any native speakers available?

h4r4ld
Germany

Post by h4r4ld » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Quilrat is missing an "l" and should have an space between both words.

Act 2 - Choc Mage - should be "Shock" i assume

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:26 am

Mont is french, the english word is mount (several occurrences)
I suppose Fell Axe = Fel Axe

//edit:
Xaphan" wrote:All skills have their type listed in Brown in their description.

Exemple on this link :

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/24 ... t001.6.jpg

This skill is a stance.
It should be "damage taken" not "damage tacken".

MrSpycrab

Post by MrSpycrab » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 pm

-Quilrat (instead of Quillrat) is still common mistranslation/typo
-Guardian's skill Banishment is mistranslated as Bannissment
-In Cain's first speech, "myself" is misspelled as "myslef" (Though "to study an old manuscript" sounds better than "inform myself in an old manuscript" IMO)

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm

FRA version 5.02 : Acte 1 dernière quête : "...puis traverser la grotte de la vertu au nord de Kalinash..."
Elle est au nord de Viz-Jun (j'ai chercher pendant 10 minutes dans Kalinash^^)

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:14 pm

FRA V 5.02 Act 3 avant poste de Tamoé : Lorsque on parle à Cain il y a genre 2 ou 3 fautes d'orthographe et 1 ou 2 erreurs de frappe dans son dialogue.

Dialogue de Shener au même endroit,2 fautes d'orthographe "je me nomme*" et je ne sais plus ou est l'autre car on ne peux pas relire le dilogue.

JeyP

Post by JeyP » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Missing "s" in the name of the items.

qndel
Hosted Forum Moderator
Warrior

Post by qndel » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:40 pm

I've been playing this mod for about 5 minutes, but I've literally been blown away with the sheer awesomeness of it - it looks great! The inventory, the menu, this is something I want to help with!

I will post here every grammar mistake that I see in the game (should I make new posts or edit this one? I think the list will grow a lot, because I'm a grammar nazi :D)

Character selection

Why the weird capital letters? There is no reason to capitalise so much :D
Warrior description "weapons hold no more secrets for him" - I'd change it to "weapons hold no secrets from him"

Huntress - "a Affinity" - should be "an affinity"

Sorceress - "Her particularly devastating Spells will tear to pieces the most determined Legions of Hell" - I'd change it to "Her devastating spells will tear to pieces even the most determined Legions of Hell"

Necromancer - "He can Evoke ancient Undead Combatants, and make His opponents suffer from His many forms of Curses" - I'd change to
"He can evoke ancient Undead Combatants and make his opponents suffer from many curses."
- The repetition of "his" doesn't look good

NPC

Amiys -> Introduction -> "When you'll reach the town's flags, you'll be arrived" - "be arrived" is incorrect in english - I see something like this might've come from translating from french - I'd change it to "You will know you are there when you reach the town's flags."

Amiys -> Introduction -> "demons's hands" - should be "demons' hands"
Amiys -> "Others information" - should be "Other information"
Priestess of Zakarum -> "Others information" should be "Other information"
Amiys -> "Others information" -> "The living creatures in here have become much more aggressive" - should be "The creatures living there have become much more aggressive"
Hanita - "we will would be infinitely beholden" - will or would, not both :D I'd make it "we would be infinitely grateful"
Chen -> Introduction -> "Thems" should be "them"

Character sheet

Sheet where you spend stats - I think "Speed" and "Damage" would look better than "Damages"/"Speeds"

Skills

Skills -> Sorceress -> Specialities -> Balanced retaliation -> "deal damage" should be "deals damage" and "tacken" - should be "taken"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Specialities -> Elemental Attunement ->"theirs resistance" should be "their resistance"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Specialities -> Heart of Flame/Lightning/Frost ->"opponents" should be "opponent's" or if you consider plural form, "opponents' "

Skills -> Sorceress -> Storm -> Rain of Ice - "Multiply the number of projected picks, sending a deadly rain of your enemies" - should be "Multiplies the number of projected spikes/picks/ice picks, sending a deadly rain on your enemies" - spikes/picks - I don't know which one out of spikes/picks/ice picks to choose, because ice picks would refer to the name of the skill that is being boosted and spikes would refer to the effect created by the skill.

In the further description there is also "1 additional spikes" - this is wrong and would be much better if it looked like this - "+1 to number of spikes" - I don't know if the number of spikes increases further, but this kind of description looks good with any number, while "1 additional spikes" is just wrong in so many ways :D

Skills -> Sorceress -> Storm -> Ice pick -> "The victim and the enemy surrounding suffer cold damage and are phrozen" - should be "The victim and the enemies surrounding it suffer cold damage and are frozen" - I understand it's phrozen keep, but the actual word is frozen xD

Skills -> Sorceress -> Storm -> Blizzard -> "Causes a storm ..." - I think it would sound better as "Creates a storm ..."

Skills -> Sorceress -> Storm -> Icy shackles -> "it's" should be "its" - remember that it's is a shortcut of "it is" or "it has" :D

Skills -> Sorceress -> Storm -> Drowning - like above

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Barrage -> "Your link is reinforced with hydras" - should be
"Your link with hydras is reinforced"

as above, there is "1 additional hydras" - would be much better if it was "+1 to number of hydras"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Stone skin -> "Armor of earth also increase your physical resistance" should be "Armor of earth that increases your physical resistance"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Inflamed area ->"The power of the volcano is increased, improving the scope of the debris and damage their" should be
"Increases the power of the volcano improving the damage and scope of the debris"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth - Burn -> "Additionnal waves of fire are projectedd and they deal more damage" - should be "Increases the damage and number of projected waves of fire."

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Fragmentation -> "1 additional shards" - like above, this would look much better as "+1 to the number of shards"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Hydra -> "Calls an Hydra" - should be "Calls a Hydra"
Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Armor of earth -> "Cast a protective shield around you wich increases your defense and your recovery speed." - no need to use 2x your, typo in "wich" and should be "casts" - "Casts a protective shield around you which increases your defense and recovery speed".
"Get hit speed: +6%" - should be "Hit recovery speed: +6%"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Amplified shock -> "cause" / "stun" should be replaced with "causes" / "stuns"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Smothering ->"The ash cloud prevents enemy to breathe and reduces their fire and physical resistances" - there is no such a thing as prevent to, the proper usage is prevent from + verb+ing = "The ash cloud prevents enemy from breathing and reduces its fire and physical resistances" or if the skill hits multiple targets,
"The ash cloud prevents enemies from breathing and reduces their fire and physical resistances"

Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Incineration -> "Project" - should be "Projects"
Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Volcanic orb -> "hit" should be "hits"
Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Smothering -> "Summons a powerful elemental depths of the earth with an inflamed aura" - should be "Summons a powerful elemental from the depths of the earth, which has an inflamed aura."
Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Ash cloud -> "ratting" - should be "rating" and "it's" should be "its"
Skills -> Sorceress -> Earth -> Magnetic flow -> "inflict"/"stun" should be "inflicts"/"stuns"

Items

Salvage kit - "Obtened crafting material depend of the rarity of salvaged item"
should be "Obtained crafting material depends on the rarity of salvaged item"
And there is a typo near the end of the description "Seta and" should be "set and"

Crimping salvage kit - "socketeds" shoud be "socketed"
minor runes -> "speciific" - should be "specific"
minor assassin rune - got "attack of the phenix" - should be "attack of the phoenix"
just found a hood with modifier "oponnent takes cold damage of 6" - should be "opponent" instead of oponnent

Mumryth set - the pants have an additional "an evil force" before the name

Crafting materials: In my opinion the "used to craft many items" isn't necessary - empty text with no meaning, just "Crafting material" will be enough

Monsters

Blood spearwomen -> should be "Blood spearwoman"
Succubus - "curse opponents - cast smart projectiles" should be "curses opponents - casts smart projectiles"
Darkness marauder - rise spikes - resist to physical - I'd change it to "raises spikes - physical resistant"
Cave swarm - moves by horde - "moves in swarm" :P
Reanimated dead - revive - charge opponents - Should be "revives - charges opponents"
Consider using enemy/enemies instead of opponent/opponents, harder to make a mistake and enemy seems more natural to me than opponent :P

Bloated demon - moves by horde - change moves by horde everywhere to "moves in group"
Dead lord - cast fire spells - change to "casts fire spells"
Guardian - motive minions - should be "motivates minions"
Ureh's quilrat - should be quillrat and it would sound better if it was Quillrat of Ureh - releases spikes when dying - would sound better with "on death" instead of "when dying"

Bartuc's Salve - should be Bartuc's Slave
Monster resistances:
I see that's the case with all resistances, like "resist to poison" - could use a change to "X resistant"
with X being poison/magic/etc.

Quests

First quest in act 1 - quest title - The attack of Tran Athulua - should be The attack ON Tran athulua :)
Last quest in act 1
"Look for the tome of fate in the cathedral of light, then cross the vitrue cave noth to Viz-Jun, and look for the Cave of the altar of fate to get to Ureh. Then look for both sacred keys. One is located in the depths of Mount Nymyr and the other at the top."
You've used too much capital letters in the character selection while quest descriptions could use some of them :P
Proper text would be like
"Look for the Tome of Fate in the Cathedral of Light, then cross the Cave of Virtue north of Viz-Jun and look for the Altar of Fate to get to Ureh.
You will have to find two sacred keys - in the depths of Mount Nymyr and on the top of it."

I'd also add some tips where to find Cathedral of Light, haven't found it yet :D
#edit
found it thanks to VivienneW's description :)

So the final quest description could look like this

"Look for the Tome of Fate in the Cathedral of Light - The entrance is located in the catacombs in Lagoon of Hope.
When you have the tome, cross the Cave of Virtue north of Viz-Jun and look for the Altar of Fate to get to Ureh.
You will have to find two sacred keys - in the depths of Mount Nymyr and on the top of it."
Last edited by qndel on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Wow, I know my english is far from perfect, but look like I made a lot of typos :p Thanks a lot.

TheDevastator05

Post by TheDevastator05 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:32 am

Throughout my time on this mod, I have encountered the following spelling issues:

Enemies:

Act 1:

Resistances on enemies: Resist to (Resistant to)
Jungle man shaman: Breath Fire (Breathes Fire)
Corrupted amazon: (Corrupted Amazon)
Gargantuan monster: Stuning attack (Stunning Attack)
Corrupt Spearwomen: (Corrupt Spearwoman)
Quilrat: (Quill Rat)
Cave fallen shaman: Shoot fireballs (Shoots Fireballs)
Spectre: (Specter)
Ice mage: shoot ice bolts (Shoots ice bolts)
Fanatic Spearwomen: (Fanatic Spearwoman)
Dark Fallen Shamen: Ressurect Fallens (Resurrects Fallen)
Highlands Quilrat: (Highlands Quill Rat)
Madness Quilrat: (Madness Quill Rat)

Skills: (Sorceress)

Fire Elemental: (Summons a powerful elemental from the depths of the earth with an inflamed aura)
Magnetic Flow: (Releases a wave around you that inflicts damage to enemies and stuns them)
Amplified shock (The wave increases damage and stun time to enemies)
Volcanic orb: (Launches an orb of sulfur that explodes when it hits the ground, releasing multiple explosive shards)
Burn: (Additional waves of fire are projected and deals more damage)
Inflamed area: (The power of the volcano is increased improving debris spread and damage)

Items:

Item desactivated during this beta (Deactivated)
Renforced Quiver (Reinforced Quiver)

User Interface:

Tab headings not English

Stockage (Stash)
Inventaire (Inventory)
Mercenaire (Mercenary)
Marchand (Merchant)
Personnage (Character)
Quetes (Quests)
Competences (Skills)
Portails (Portals)

Sound options NPC Speechs (Speeches)
Character menu: Damages (Damage)

Equipping Hirelings with equipment uses french audio (should be English)

nexx

Post by nexx » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:17 pm

(I think the a1 mercs using french is super cute and should stay like that :P)

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 am

I vote to keep the french merc voice overs as well +1

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:45 pm

The hireling voice in the french version of the game is completely messed up, so I fixed it and that is why you have a french voice for her even in english. I'm note sure I can make sound specifics to a langauge only, so it will probably stay like that.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”