3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by Xaphan » Sun May 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some testers for version 6.00 again!

If you want to apply, you will be requested to :
- Report any bug you may find
- Give feedback on items and skill balance
- And of course, give general feedback about the changes

The test version contain the following :
- All changes that was in previous test version
- Some small changes to sorceress
- Warrior and Huntress ready to play
- Changes to items properties

I need specific feedback on all skills for the Warrior and the Huntress, mainly compare each skill usefullness to each other, and find if the mana cost is ok. I also need feedback on the new steal life feature and others new items properties.

If you want to apply, send me a PM here on the keep. Please do not ask for apply if you do not want to give feedbacks, this will only slow the release of the final version ! Lastly, keep in mind that you MUST create a new character and characters from different test versions may NOT be compatible between each other.

You can ask to be a tester up to THURSDAY, October 22, as long as this topic is stick. I reserve the right to accept or not your request for testing the mod and to end the testing period sooner.

Important note : I will only send you the new BETA on THURSDAY, October 22. Not before it as it is not finished yet.

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Re: [BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by bleedingapathy » Sun May 10, 2015 9:19 pm

I would like a chance to test it if you will have me. and thanks again for all the hard work you are doing.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Oh btw, forgot to said it but test version is currently NOT compatible with windows XP.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Fri May 22, 2015 10:11 am

I retract my former statement. I just ran in to a whole bunch of time for the next few weeks. If you still need testers let me know :D

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Second beta test start right now for 7 days! See first post!

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Re: [2nd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by bleedingapathy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:04 am

see if this version is working better than the last one I'm still up for it if you'll have me.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I would love to help, if you still need testing

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:53 pm

This apply period end now. I just send the last invites today, sorry for the delay for thoses who had to wait, I was a bit busy.

Next beta will include the Huntress as a playable character, with reworked skills and specialities.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by Doub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey Xaphan you need another tester?

NikafieNd

Post by NikafieNd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello Xaphan, I've been reading over the changes in 6.0 and would like to offer my help testing in future tests.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:33 pm

I will ask fortesters again once I'm done with Huntress. I have little time to mod currently so this take more time that I planned.

fairygirl

Post by fairygirl » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 am

I would like to get myself added to next beta testers list. I would be glad to help with feedback :)

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:25 am

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you, where would you like my feedback on the v6 beta play(not about bugs)?

b00kki

Post by b00kki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:44 am

Salut à toi Xaphan, j'avais commencé sur la version 5 mais quand j'ai vu Kanon jouer sur la 6, je me suis dis que j'allais attendre et vu que j'ai un peu de temps à tuer pendant mes soirées estivales je veux bien donner un coup de main. J'avoue que les 2 persos que tu proposes pour le moment ne me sont pas les plus familiers, je suis plutôt un nécro, mais j'ai tout de même quelques notions avec les autres classes, faut bien après plus de 10 ans de jeu !
Donc à toi de voir, au pire si tu as des demandes vraiment spécifiques et que la langue de Molière est plus simple je serais dans le coin.

Bon courage à toi pour la suite, tu as fait déjà un gros boulot.
Some screenshots of " Le Royaume des Ombres" Beta 6 : http://www.hostingpics.net/album/b00kki-263185.html

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

hey man,any news of when will the 6.00 actually be available???getting burned out on Final Fantasy,don't like the FF 4 The After Years all that much i guess,went thru the entire 1,2,3 and 4 for now,can't wait to finish after years and to play some 5 and 6...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:hey man,any news of when will the 6.00 actually be available???getting burned out on Final Fantasy,don't like the FF 4 The After Years all that much i guess,went thru the entire 1,2,3 and 4 for now,can't wait to finish after years and to play some 5 and 6...
Only 5-6 heroes and 9999 mobs and items to be reworked . Soon - Blizzard 2015 . Dont worry play some games in steam . The person has a job probably ;)
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

GrandMaitre
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader

Post by GrandMaitre » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:42 pm

ok
Last edited by GrandMaitre on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:22 pm

man,no need to throw excuses in another mans place,i am sure he was quite capable of answering himself...anyway reaching the end of the After Years soon,not as bad as i first though about it...and prodigy i meant to play 5 or 6 Final Fantasy not LRDO,i am just interested to see the progress Xaphan made as i found myself unable to play his mod while i was still on XP,now that i am too on 7 i would just wait for the new version as it did seem it would be done fast,but no longer does it look like that...anyway greets Xaphan and don't forget to have fun once in a while lest you burn your passion for modding too fast...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: 3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by Xaphan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:17 pm

It's time for testers again. Read the 1st post please ! I am looking for 4-5 testers.

Note : This BETA dosen't fix crash bugs reported on act 5. This will be fixed before release but after all characters are done.

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm

I'd like to give it a try this go around as well. thanks again for your work on the mod.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 am

Actually all free time this time and I've been stoked about this mod :D

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:14 am

Can I be a tester pls? I have free time throughout the day and want to play and give feedback. :)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Sooo here we go!

I'm currently uploading and will be sending links to the beta files to thoses that asked to be part of the beta test in a short time :)

EDIT : Upload is done and files were sent !

Inscriptions for the BETA are now closed.

Testers can send me feedback either here or via PM's. Thanks for testing!

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 am

On second look I take back what I said about toxic cloud, I like it. What would you say to combining fire arrow and burning barrage and bringing back a weakened version of the old hefaertus arrow, or something new, to replace fire arrow?

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:52 pm

I've been playing quite a bit with Hunt and Nature Huntress so far, and got some pointers.
  • Lightning Spear's stun seems quite OP, at least so far in Act 1.
  • Zerae's Flight doesn't spawn submissiles sometimes. I can Tele but no submissiles spawn at all. Sometimes I can see the lightning-hit overlay on monsters, but not submissiles.
  • Maila (A1Q2) doesn't spawn on a specific map roll.

I like the new mana mechanic, although occasionally you'll have to wait a few seconds wandering around if fighting against a giant pack of Veterans + Minions and Uniques. So far it seems that the new mana mechanic favors slow-high dmg weapons or poison skills over fast-low damage weapons/skills.

Edit:
Are you interested in feedback on Sorc too?

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”