3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: 3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by Doub » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:58 pm

This is a feedback of a lvl 10 Warrior.

Warrior -> Sword Expertise -> Defensive Parade
You missed one S from the word Swords
Warrior -> Discipline -> Ruthless
You missed two letters for the word Physical

Questions
1)Do debuffs such as – Attack, Elemental Resistance, Stuns etc work on strong bosses (Diablo, Ball etc)? Or they are meant for monsters only.

2)Talent/stats reset is possible, right?

Bugs
So I picked up a Carver and it had +1 to Whirlwind. After 2 minutes the game bugged while using Whirlwind. I could move but I couldn’t kill/be killed. Couldn’t change weapon or any item. The animation of WW was also stuck. I remember a similar bug with other mods, always while using Whirlwind.

Personal Taste
1)Warrior skill -> Bul-Kathos charge
Bro with all the respect to your work, the skill’s animation and functionability looks amazing but it just doesn’t fit the Warrior class. This skill is literally blink. Its not jump or charge. It would definitely fit better to an Assassin or Mage type class.
And btw I have Ruthless lvl 3 and its suppose to give +1% physical resist with each lvl but it only gave me 2%. At the second lvl it didn’t give any. Is this normal?

2)I personally find the speed of the characters very fast. There are skills that increase the speed but they don’t really seem important when u already run so fast plus the fact that there are items that give speed. I truly believe that if the char speed was slow the game would feel more legit and it would make the players invest in speed bonuses if they wanted to run fast. It would give a feeling of progress.

These for now.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:05 am

Earth Sorc feels solid by the end of Act 1. Volcano seems quite powerful and spammable, I think it might be too powerful without cooldown. Summons can tank physical hits but somewhat fragile to elemental damage, maybe lower life and increase base resists (I've maxed Fire Elemental though). Hydra is strong, but everything in Earth is out-shined by Volcano ATM. Incineration has its potential but the range is too short which puts you in range of danger even with Armor of Earth and upgrade skill maxed.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:07 am

I would say the stun should be nerfed in some way on the orb of annihilation skill, maybe make it stun 50%of the time or less? It's really strong as it is, you can stunlock half a screen of mobs

Also, am I right in assuming that most builds will have a fairly easy time at this transitional stage of the mod? Going from little aoe to all aoe is a big change, mostly only unique and veteran monsters give me any troubles on any build right now. I was guessing that you would rebalance the monsters once the skill set is completed for all chars?

Cedvan777

Post by Cedvan777 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 am

As a melee Warior i would say that elite aren't that hard the only really difficulty i have is frost effect.

What ever the mobs. I play orb of annihilation too and when you meet the frost skeleton realizing a frost wave at each mace touching him you nearly die on normal mobs xD

Main difficulty come to me from frost effect mob + elite packs so far.
Even this is not that hard you die one or twice... a bit like your first time against Andarielle on standart D2.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Ash Cloud and upgrade skill both seem a waste of points and mana to cast. You can invest in another element skill and get more DPS in return. AoE is tiny so you need to recast it a few times in succession which wastes mana, and the -Fire & -Physical resists is too low to make any noticeable difference. I have nothing to say about -Attack% though, so maybe it's OK.

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:08 pm

so far I've made 2 sorcs one earth and the other storm. the earth one is pure int build and I'm eating all mobs with just my fire elemental as a distraction and just using the hydra skill. my thoughts are both specs for the sorc is rather op'd you can make room sweepers out of each build fairly easy. the huntress summons don't seem as strong as they were before hand. Might be that the damage they do is kinda ho hum.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Andarial's Temple and Sanctuary of the Elements (Lightning) crash with same error:

In Ashyasha's dialog, Shanka is referred both as his and her, but I think it's a She. :)

Some string errors:

Also, got my Sorc to Act 5 and spells' dmg now fall in place. I think it was off throughout the previous 4 ones.

Edit: Just got shat on by Lazarus (Nih's replacement). Corpse Explosion's dmg is ridiculously high. I managed to kill him eventually. Is this intended? I had about 3.6k HP which is not that low.

Claessic

Post by Claessic » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Registered just to let you know I'm looking forward to this. I hope it'll be ready for release soon :) I'll also help you beta test if you're still looking for testers.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Wave of Fire's Fire DoT is pretty op, it's also laggy (especially with upgrade skill). Also, on getting hit mobs are somewhat annoying. Cold Skeletons with Frost Nova, Bats and Lightning Skeleton with Tele, and those cats in Act 2 with Bone Spear, they can all drive you crazy. :twisted:
I can't get passed Pain level in Act 5, the Doll mobs with the lash crash my game a lot.

Edit: I think the other level of the four that I crashed as well was Lie or that level where you crash if you move too close to the map's border.

Edit 10/28: So I tried to play Lightning/Cold Sorc and test all skills in this tree and see what's wot. Lightning Surge is the most powerful skill in this tree IMO. Fast multi-hitting-high-dmg with stun make it quite OP (unless the rest is UP). Blizzard - high mana cost, and dmg is a bit low. Ice Orb - dmg is good, mana cost a bit high. Deadly Flash - dmg is very good only in melee range, mana cost perfect. Shock - same as Deadly Flash. Air Elemental - summon is tanky enough, but upgrade skill is useless. His (her? I couldn't see) dmg never gonna be useful against lvl 10 mobs or higher (and he's a melee summon), so +Lightning% seems useless. He's more vulnerable to elemental dmg than physical dmg, so +Def% is useless as well.
Lightning tree so far seems inferior to Fire tree, especially to Volcano.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks for all the feedbacks and suggestions. I will look to all of this soon, once I have little more time. But you can continue to post feedback, I read ! ;)

Claessic

Post by Claessic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Awesome xaphan. Is there a chance to be part of the beta? I'm really curious to see the changes.

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:28 pm

NP Xaphan, and thank you too for a fun mod. :fadein:

So I played a bow Hunter today, and she's in mid Act 1. Tried all of the skills, yet without upgrade skills, but by reading their descriptions I think my opinion should still hold (at least in early game). Fire Arrow - dmg is good, and mana cost is fine. Burning Barrage - dmg is very good and convenient, however spamming this skill against tough mobs drain mana too fast. Still it's fine as it is. Ice Arrow - main arrow dmg is fine, shards' dmg will probably drop in later levels, but it's okish for now, and mana cost is a bit low. Loved this skill. Karcheus Arrow - dmg is good, but (compared to fire skills' dmg) mana cost is too high. Hefaetrus Arrow - dmg is very good, mana cost might be a bit low for dmg output, will probably lag with upgrade skill. Frost Strafe - pretty much a gimmick skill. Dmg doesn't compare to other bow skills. It has Knockback, but that's about it.
As for buffs , I can use an A1 merc for attack speed buff, and bow skills dmg% might be useful later in endgame but for early game they both progress too slow to make a significant difference. Does Valkyrie have an innate avoid or something? She hasn't dropped HP at all with only 1 point. Maybe later she'll require more points.

b00kki

Post by b00kki » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Ha that sucks, I'm a bit late, but I dont know if I would have been useful with my broken finger...
Is there an ETA already ?

Bref, bon courage Xaphan, je me réveillerai un peu plus tôt la prochaine fois...
Some screenshots of " Le Royaume des Ombres" Beta 6 : http://www.hostingpics.net/album/b00kki-263185.html

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 am

I tested Java Huntress and so far at the end of A1 she's fine. Some numbers are off but the skills' mechanics are fine.
Summons can tank just fine with 1 point and HP seem to scale appropriately with more points. Pardon me if I compare all dmg skills to Putrid Spear as it's the most powerful skill in this tree. Lightning Spear - dmg is low by the end of A1 and mana cost is a bit high. Poisoned Spear - dmg is ridiculously low, mana cost is low as well. Zerae's Flight - dmg is low for a melee skill, mana cost is ok. Thundering Spear - dmg is a bit low, or mana is too high. This skill has a potential but you can't rely on it when fighting anything but normal mobs. Pestilential Spear - dmg is good in early game, then falls off by the end of A1, though I think it's fine as it has a big AoE. Mana cost is ok. Putrid Spear - dmg is too good, and mana is very low. Even though it's a melee skill and thus it should deal high dmg, it's too powerful, outDPS the rest of the skills in this tree.

Claessic

Post by Claessic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:10 am

How's everything coming along? :)

I'm still checking this daily.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:53 am

Ok so first off, thanks you all for testing. As you have noticed, I did not answer here a lot since I was quite busy, but I sill take some time now to post here what has been found to be an issue with current version 6.00 beta build and how I'm woking on it to fix it.

First, some skils cause the game to slowdown. Mostly skills that put fire on the ground. I will check and fix each skill independentely. There is also some monsters-only skills that do this. They will be fixed later once I start to work on monsters.

A currently big issue is that damage of skills while using anything but magic weapons (staves, wands, etc...) is correctly NOT working right. I will change all theses weapons to work the same way magic weapons do, wich will result in a net damage increase for ALL skills of the Warrior and the Huntress. I've already done it for the Huntress and will do it for the Warrior soon.

An other big issue belong to monsters : they currently have a really high chance to hit you, as well as a high defense. This make the game hardly playable for melee characters and is now fixed on my side (Values I've used will be tested to be sure they are ok).

Some others changes I've made so far :
Frost strafe : This skill was not worth to be used, so I've increased it's damage and added an explosion nova on hit.
Burning barrage : Damage as a bit low, so I've increased it. I've reduced the number of arrows it can shoot (maximum of 10) but that should not hurt the skill too much.
Ice arrow : Damage of shards was low. I've increased it as well.

Please note that damage of Hefaetrus arrow is currently bugged and way higher than what it should be (arround 2 or 3 times higher). I've not fixed it yet but will have to because this skill is broken right now.

An other bug found and on the todo list : In act 5, Belial's totems can't be hit with most skills. I plan to fix this soon.

And lastly, for the crash related to the map that has been found, I will see what can be done about it, but may not be in the beta because it will probably require a big change.

I plan to address as much as possible, and then send again an updated version to beta testers so they can give me feedback for the changes.

Cheers

Sativa

Post by Sativa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks for taking your time to address these issues Xaphan. So can we expect a balance patch or you'll also unlock a new playable character?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Ok so the way the mains stats of your character is taken into account to your skills damage will now work like it did with energy, but for all 3 main stats :

Strength increases damage of ALL skills when you are equiped with swords, axes, maces, daggers, flails and polearms.
Dexterity increases damage of ALL skills when you are equiped with bows, crossbows and spears.
Energy increases damage of ALL skills when you are equiped with wands, staffs and magic offhands items.

When you wear a one handed weapon, damage increase is equal to 60% of the main stat value it belong to.
When you wear a two handed weapon, damage increase is equal to 100% of the main stat value it belong to.
When you wear offhand weapon, damage increase is equal to 40% of the main stat value it belong to.

This will be in the samll fix that will be released soon for testers.

I've also fixed an issue for the Warrior and the Huntress wich had to put 10 points into a skill instead of 5 to unlock the corresponding upgrade skill.
Sativa" wrote:Thanks for taking your time to address these issues Xaphan. So can we expect a balance patch or you'll also unlock a new playable character?
Balance patch only. News characters will be worked on once the Warrior and the Huntress are in a better state of balance.

Claessic

Post by Claessic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Sounds great, thanks for giving us some more info.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:33 am

Hi,

I'm curently working on some changes relating to items :

- The magic properties '+X to [element] skills' will go away. This is because I can't make a physical one, and because they only affect skills that do damage, and we already have the '+X% to [element] skills damage' properties (wich now exist with physical and magic skills !); so theses was no needed anymore.
- I'm adding the '+X to [mastery] skills' property back to the game. Previously, it could only spawn on class-specific items, but this is no longer the case. This change should make all weapons viable for every characters while searching for items that increase your skills levels.
- I'm going to fill the gap beween tiers of class-specific items. Currently, there is 15 tiers of items per difficutly, but class-specific items only have 9 (tiers 4, 5, 6, 10, 11 and 12 dosen't exist). This will allow the player to find class-specific items during the whole game and not have some places were there is no class-specifi items at all.
- I will add Mighty belts as warrior-only belts because mighty weapons are now all two-handed. This will allow the warrior to have two class-specific items equiped at the same time, like others classes.

Once all of this is done, I will send the patch to every testers, and maybe some other people if some want, for testing purposes. It will then be time to balance the Huntress and the Warrior based on feedbacks.

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:51 am

I have one feedback but im still busy
maybe later
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

Claessic

Post by Claessic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm definitely still interested. Sounds interesting!

VivienneW

Post by VivienneW » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Is there still a way to test the beta?

Iam a bit late, as I have been away for a longer period then planned :(
"I think tattoos are horrible. It's like living in a Pucci dress full-time."

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Re: [3rd BETA Test] Version 6.00 - Looking for testers

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Report from my tester qq1441000
Last updated on Nov.10th 2015
Transmitted by Cai_Miao
Environment: XP, non English (Close Beta Chinese Plot Translation)

Bugs:

1.Chance to crash when clicking on vendors(?) of Amazon Outpost

2.After robbed Medal from boss of Lair of the Fallens there's an invisible wall blocked way out. After picking up a "Spiked Bludgeon" the wall disappeared. Just like having a collision size.

3.Character have too many items!!!!!! Roar. Portal to town with full backpack would crash.

Cleared Act1 at lvl35 and Act2 at 52 with a Huntress.
Using a summoning build. Hard to deal with Act 3.

Suggestions:

1.Not enough worth to farm bosses. Drops trash. Improve it.

2.Due to the multi-class setting of set/uniq items its hard to farm an just-fit item for your char. Just improve set/uniq drop rate a little higher.

3.Dealing with mobs with prop "TP when hit" will be a mess. Just decrease the rate by a little.

4.UI problem. Hard to recognize between Uniq and Rare. Just trick it.

5.(Code needed) You dunno set prop bonus unless you have a full set of it, and you may disappointed when you found out the set prop bonus don't meet your requirement. To trick it out, show all bonus on it. Grey for unobtained and Green or what for activated.

6.As 5. Show prop on the Plan too and let them decide craft it or not.

7.[BEEP].

-------

My opinion, suggestion 5 and 6 way too hard for u.
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 am

he has not gotten around to revamping the sets and item drops yet since 6.0 is a major and I do mean major overhaul over 5.0.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”