[BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

User avatar
Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 am
France

[BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:01 am

Hey,

You can put general feedbacks about the beta here. By feedback I mean what I like, what you don't like, suggestions and the like.

User avatar
FPeacee
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by FPeacee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:40 am

Please allow right click auto attacking on all melee attacks instead of just a couple, it makes game play with melee much more fun and levels out the balance between caster/range/melee much better.

That being said. I love the new barb and necro so far, they are very fun, i the first act so far anyways. And I love the new map builds. Just a great mod so far man!

Bugs:
warrior sword specialty "defensive parade" is missing a "s" in the description
Class runes can not be socketed in to warrior belts
warrior is allowed to put points into his skills after every 4 mastery points, instead of 5

mikradios
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 am

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by mikradios » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Xaphan,

I recently came back to the D2 scene and I have stumbled across your mod, and I would say that your concept is great.

I have tried 5.03 for a while and then went into the open beta.

I have tried creating a poison only build for the necromancer and it has been a cake walk since poison spells doesnt need to be spammed to be effective. Even monsters with said poison resist still suffer because of the specific mastery for poison. I would suggest that you increase the mana cost for said spells or maybe nerf the poison damage just a little bit. Which route I leave to you. Just my two cents.

Are all the set items disabled in the beta? I never read a log saying that they are and came upon them in the game being disabled.

The reworked maps are great. The crafting value is now better since you get random attributes for each item forged but still relevant for their classes (since each is categorized by melee, ranged and magic)

I would also like to suggest maybe increasing the level cap to just 99. but create a very steep experience curve after 75, just to squeeze those extra stats in but no more on skills (if that is possible)

Maybe create another modifier to go with secondary stats?

Examples:

Might - 1 maximum damage per 10 points and 1 minimum damage per 20
Wisdom - add 1% resistance to debuffs for so and so points
Intelligence - 1 magic reduction point for every so and so points
Vitality - added physical damage reduction for every so and so points

Point being that it would be possible to create battlemancers or support type warriors, creating build diversity and would definitely encourage multiplayer gameplay. (one is a tank, one is a nuker etc)


But nonetheless the mod is beautiful, the UI is very nice to look at, clean and simple.
The towns idea is good coupled with the regenerating maps for a new experience almost every time.

I will keep on playing and give you more feedback if I think of something new to add.

More power to ya. You definitely made something beautiful.

User avatar
k0r3l1k
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:11 am
Location: Arizona, Prescott
United States of America

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Xaphan,

Wow. This mod has made some serious progress since the last version I played. Congrats I am very very impressed with the polish and completeness of the mod. There are so many features and the world feels so fresh, the items are all so customizable and exciting to craft/find/customize.

Really amazing job. I have been having a blast on my warrior and ranger. Thank you for all the work you put into this.

Top job friend. Good luck with your work.
Image

matias91hb
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by matias91hb » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 pm

i dont get how my baba/warrior with 2 swords hits more than with axes with poison cloud :O, while i have place points into axe mastery (2) and 9 into the passive of this mastery that increase poison damage, is must be some mechanic thing that i dont get it, but anyhow, is the onlyweird thing that i have found,

I guess that is cos of the % of strenght into damage, but nonetheless the passive for psn dmg, works with swords too? so i dont get the point of having that specialities if then u can use whatever u want XD

User avatar
FPeacee
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by FPeacee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:53 pm

The yetis in the "cave of the altar of fate" have a bit too much stun considering that they also have cold attacks and are surrounded by other mobs with cold. Melee characters can't stand up to them in packs (on p8 mind you). My war mastery warrior at lvl 34 with earthquake and whirlwind gets just stunlocked and can not get away. even though they take until I run out of potions to actually score a kill on me. I just save and exit to get away but then have to run the whole thing again.

Hodor
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Hodor » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Problem is that V6 is too easy. Why make monsters so weak? Please put the difficulty back to how it was before.

User avatar
gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:14 am
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by gogodanny » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:11 pm

What the previous poster wanted to say was:

"hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor hodor hodor! Hodor hodor!" - Hodor
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

User avatar
petri
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by petri » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Hodor" wrote:Problem is that V6 is too easy. Why make monsters so weak? Please put the difficulty back to how it was before.
Why weak? I find that not. There are people who also want to have fun while playing. Mach Just X8 and is good.

GrandMaitre
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by GrandMaitre » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Hodor" wrote:Problem is that V6 is too easy. Why make monsters so weak? Please put the difficulty back to how it was before.
Humm,first,some part are difficult in my opinion.
And then,don't forget that it is Normal difficulty^^ It has to be "friendly user"

User avatar
prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am
Location: Bulgaria

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by prodigypm » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:21 pm

GrandMaitre" wrote:
Hodor" wrote:Problem is that V6 is too easy. Why make monsters so weak? Please put the difficulty back to how it was before.
Humm,first,some part are difficult in my opinion.
And then,don't forget that it is Normal difficulty^^ It has to be "friendly user"
No mod should be user friendly , Its called a mod . By playing a mod it means you know the base game , it was freaking easy for you even on hell and you want a mod for versatility and challenge. Other reason for playing mods aka see something beautiful aren't just serious. Real fans of a mod/game play it and find satisfaction in perfecting their chars - that means only one thing - high difficulty.

Thats why the mods and most respected in here are the hardest.

PS.This mod has become from a interesting new perspective - to a easy , lame conversion of diablo 3 , titan quest and etc . Imba items , skills , easy acts. Something you can faceroll in your free time. Don't worry as it seem it will become even easier.Xaphan doesnt really cares about difficulty settings that much and I believe after this 6.0 update this is proven at 99%.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

User avatar
FPeacee
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by FPeacee » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 am

prodigypm" wrote:
GrandMaitre" wrote:
Hodor" wrote:Problem is that V6 is too easy. Why make monsters so weak? Please put the difficulty back to how it was before.
Humm,first,some part are difficult in my opinion.
And then,don't forget that it is Normal difficulty^^ It has to be "friendly user"
No mod should be user friendly , Its called a mod . By playing a mod it means you know the base game , it was freaking easy for you even on hell and you want a mod for versatility and challenge. Other reason for playing mods aka see something beautiful aren't just serious. Real fans of a mod/game play it and find satisfaction in perfecting their chars - that means only one thing - high difficulty.

Thats why the mods and most respected in here are the hardest.

PS.This mod has become from a interesting new perspective - to a easy , lame conversion of diablo 3 , titan quest and etc . Imba items , skills , easy acts. Something you can faceroll in your free time. Don't worry as it seem it will become even easier.Xaphan doesnt really cares about difficulty settings that much and I believe after this 6.0 update this is proven at 99%.
You act as if you speak for all mod players, and that is hilarious.

I agree that it is very easy right now but Xaphan is nowhere near balancing yet, this is the early stages of the mod. He's trying to iron out characters and levels and balance comes last. Don't you lord over the guy doing the work because it doesn't please you yet dude, nobody likes that.

Keep up the good work Xaphan, the mod has great potential!

Hodor
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Hodor » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:41 pm

prodigypm is right.
The mod has great potential, but I bet 100% of people who play mods are those who have already played Vanilla and are therefore already very familiar with how to play the game, and most likely have gone through hell and want a new challenge. (No noobs here), remember that.

User avatar
petri
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by petri » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Hodor" wrote:prodigypm is right.
The mod has great potential, but I bet 100% of people who play mods are those who have already played Vanilla and are therefore already very familiar with how to play the game, and most likely have gone through hell and want a new challenge. (No noobs here), remember that.
I play for many years Diablo and many mods. I'm very happy that there are people still make mods for Diablo. Thanks to Xaphan.
I want and do not need a "Russian roulette" as a challenge. This version is a normal stage. Please do not forget this. If that would be very difficult in normal, then how would the next steps be? Just think that this mod is intended for the general public and not "only" for Kamikaze player. Why not you just think of it?

User avatar
prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am
Location: Bulgaria

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:14 pm

petri" wrote:
Hodor" wrote:prodigypm is right.
The mod has great potential, but I bet 100% of people who play mods are those who have already played Vanilla and are therefore already very familiar with how to play the game, and most likely have gone through hell and want a new challenge. (No noobs here), remember that.
I play for many years Diablo and many mods. I'm very happy that there are people still make mods for Diablo. Thanks to Xaphan.
I want and do not need a "Russian roulette" as a challenge. This version is a normal stage. Please do not forget this. If that would be very difficult in normal, then how would the next steps be? Just think that this mod is intended for the general public and not "only" for Kamikaze player. Why not you just think of it?
Good perspective from a casual gamer you have.However , most of us aren't casual and most of the diablo modding community aren't also.This game in general is so old that I doubt a 10-14 year old that just passes by will even understand.A russian roulette ? Diablo isnt a russian roulette most of the time when you know how to build your heroes , farming spots and items. And trust me thats achievable for a couple of days/months.Normal stage? If you played that much do you know how many years this mod is developed ? Don't call this normal since 5.03 was fun and this is just easy.General public of this game is no more than 2k at best. Do you sincerly think these people are new to this!? Really , I think a lot before posting here.And yes , I suppose you are right - if there are any 13 year old that love imba items and skills they will pretty much love the mod. Its become as casual as ever. Thanks for the reply anyway.

PS.I forgot , people in these forums call reality - flaming. A simple term for criticism that you cant take or don't like to read.Sorry for my rough flaming.You know sometimes criticism makes people work harder to achieve something (thats the thing that makes you try harder , not actually lying the modder).
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

User avatar
petri
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by petri » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 pm

prodigypm" wrote:
petri" wrote:
Hodor" wrote:prodigypm is right.
The mod has great potential, but I bet 100% of people who play mods are those who have already played Vanilla and are therefore already very familiar with how to play the game, and most likely have gone through hell and want a new challenge. (No noobs here), remember that.
I play for many years Diablo and many mods. I'm very happy that there are people still make mods for Diablo. Thanks to Xaphan.
I want and do not need a "Russian roulette" as a challenge. This version is a normal stage. Please do not forget this. If that would be very difficult in normal, then how would the next steps be? Just think that this mod is intended for the general public and not "only" for Kamikaze player. Why not you just think of it?
Good perspective from a casual gamer you have.However , most of us aren't casual and most of the diablo modding community aren't also.This game in general is so old that I doubt a 10-14 year old that just passes by will even understand.A russian roulette ? Diablo isnt a russian roulette most of the time when you know how to build your heroes , farming spots and items. And trust me thats achievable for a couple of days/months.Normal stage? If you played that much do you know how many years this mod is developed ? Don't call this normal since 5.03 was fun and this is just easy.General public of this game is no more than 2k at best. Do you sincerly think these people are new to this!? Really , I think a lot before posting here.And yes , I suppose you are right - if there are any 13 year old that love imba items and skills they will pretty much love the mod. Its become as casual as ever. Thanks for the reply anyway.

PS.I forgot , people in these forums call reality - flaming. A simple term for criticism that you cant take or don't like to read.Sorry for my rough flaming.You know sometimes criticism makes people work harder to achieve something (thats the thing that makes you try harder , not actually lying the modder).
Ok, that's your opinion. I am convinced that Xaphan is already doing the right thing.
All good.

User avatar
prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am
Location: Bulgaria

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for understanding me without trying to change my point of view. Have a nice day.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

User avatar
petri
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by petri » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:25 pm

prodigypm" wrote:Thanks for understanding me without trying to change my point of view. Have a nice day.
:)

User avatar
Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 am
France

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Xaphan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:08 am

Monsters and difficulty in general are something that is not set in stone yet.

I have plans for monsters, they won't stay like they are now, but to do thems I need to complete class skills first. Basically, classes in the beta have better skills, and items are better overall, but monsters barely changed. This lead to the difficulty you see in the beta now, wich is easier than before. Once again, this is not the intended difficulty.

Here is some ideas I have for monsters, that may or may not make it to final version, depending of what I can do :
- Overall rework on monsters density (more monsters in area that lack some)
- More complex groups of ennemies. Exemples being casters or ranged monsters protected by melee monsters.
- Monsters helping themselves : Monsters that heal other monsters, or buff thems for exemple.
- New abilities : monsters being able to debuff you in various ways. (It's the oposite of buffs you can apply to yourself like Rapidity, Stability, Power, Spirit, etc... the blues buffs above your head).
- Rework AI's so monsters actually use skills, and no more procs on hit or things like that.
- Improve AI's so monsters will be smarter. Exemple is casters staying aways from melee range.
- Monsters using same skills as you, and some monster only skills.
- veteran / Champions / Elite monsters not being only the same as normal but with higher stats : they will also get other skills.

That should up the difficulty overall. Time will tell. If you have ideas to make monsters even more interresting, please tell me as monsters is, right now, the part of the mod that is the less develloped so plenty of possibilities are open :)

User avatar
Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Doub » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Those are good changes bro. One little suggestion by me would be. dont give monsters random skills/passives/stats etc. Instead try approach as realistically as possible.

Hodor
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Hodor » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 am

That is great news. Good that the monsters plan to be not just harder hitting, but more intelligent and come in complex groups.
Be careful with monster density, if there are too many monsters then the "crowd control" skills become the only way to progress (like Nez mod), the approach of fewer but tougher monsters is a good idea (like the Black parade mod, where fighting a unique feels like a boss fight with serious chance of death).

nexx
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:00 am

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by nexx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 am

Hi, I recently ran into this mod and I have to say the level of polish and care shown on content is impressive.
I really like how many useless affixes have been thrown out from item generation, and how tidy and concise everything regarding items and crafting is, it helps get the idea of what everything does which can be overwhelming in some other mods. I definitely like how the mod isn't littered with hundreds of information scrolls right away because that's not normally the best way to do things.

I'm currently playing a sorc and at least early on monsters do die really fast, I switched to /players4 and then 8 and now veteran monsters can last a bit more which is good- but I certainly agree the change to base monster HP is good because they die too fast.

Other than monster HP, the only thing I feel doesn't fit so much are the Titan Quest monster charms and relics. I understand that with gems giving flat stats you want to keep other "random" bonuses on socketable items, and I assume jewels don't exist anymore. But as far as I could count there's gems, charms, relics, runes and then some other type of rune that is used for the new upgrade slots on items. Although I see the point in them, I feel charms and relics should just drop completed since they're one of the more "spammy" items in the mod and they add a lot of inventory clutter.

One more thing, figuring out what secondary stats actually do was a bit weird. Eventually I realized skills themselves mentioned it (although being a sorc I still don't know what might really does), but this information would be welcome somewhere- I still don't know how to increase mana :D.
Speaking about stats and skills. I really love the system for passives and skills you have going on, the fame system for passives is absolutely great and the max level unlocking system with masteries is also very good.

That's about all, looking forward to see the rest of the game and the next release, à bientôt!

User avatar
bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:20 am
Location: the black abyss

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by bleedingapathy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:56 am

mana is capped for every class some have more others have less. unless you find a item that gives you mana or do some special spec tree the max will not increase.

JeyP
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by JeyP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:14 am

Gameplay is what i like the most from this mod. Most mods go overboard with aoe skills that kill enemies even beyond see range. Here we have area of effect skills with low diameter, mana pool that don't allow skill spaming for to long and fire/poison attacks thrown under the feet that force you to move or stay put when they use ring of fire.

About the beta:
- like always minor spelling errors, wrong numbers in mastery requirements
- experience bar sometimes disappears
- graves and casket hard to open
- act II - killed enemys on the map edge becouse of knockback don't drop items, it's not a big deal but lost some time becouse first time in act II and that enemy had the quest item, happened to me two times
- only played with huntres - some skills like "Frost Strafe" need balance (auto aim, aoe, cold damage-slow down, knockback, low mana usage it's way to good, remove knockback and increase mana)
- after killing act II boss i was teleported to Venzaj Oasis and game crashed after talking to Klub need make new staff and kill boss again

Don't like how passive skills work. Need lvl 5 in skill and then we can max out passive. Would be better if we could putt 1 point to passive for every 2 point in main skill. Passive should have bonus on lvl 5 and 10 look at the "Strenght of the pack" at lvl 7 got a 2nd wolf and then lvl 8, 9 and 10 only provide minor boost to wolf dmg and are not worth to put points in.

Don't know how waepon "damage bonus" works but feel weird. It's ok for energy weapons but strength and dexterity feel way off, feel just like magic waepons and dmg that waepon have are not important. All skills have "base damage 100% waepon damage" so strength and dexterity waepons should work in simple way if we have sword 1-5 dmg and "strenght damage bonus 200%" damage attack should be 2-10 but my attack (normal hit damage) is the same as waepon attack even with 700% damage and skills damage don't change to much between normal shop waepon lvl 2 and lvl 46.

BTW: Damage numbers are sometimes displayed with really small font would be nice if could be fixed.

Keep up the good work! It's rough and incomplete but in term of production quality and gameplay it is far the best D2 mod.

EDIT: Parts for the staff don't drop anymore so this char is doomed without duplicating the staff from another one.
EDIT2:
Quick thoughts about summons:
- like that every class have some summon creature, every clas shouldn't have to many off them, my huntress have 9 wolfs right now and i think it's to many, she should have 1 wolf on lvl 1 skill (not 3) then 1 more on lvl 5 passive and 1 more on lvl 10 passive, that give us 3 total, wolfs in specialities should be lowered too (have 4 wolf now on lvl 13 don't know what is the max lvl), so we have 3 wolf from skill and 2-4 from specialities (5-7 total should be enought) and then we have unique class items like hutress torso armour that could give ~3 more wolfs
- necromancer: don't know why but necromancer without skeletons is not a necromancer, would be possible that skill could spawn randome skeletons? like lvl 5 passive give chance to spawn archers and lvl 10 mage or better do that through specialities, with unsummon command player could build his army according to his play style and summoming from killed summon should be possible becouse in boss fight skeletons would be totally useless, unique class itemcould have % chance resurrect skeleton from kiled enemys

User avatar
Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 am
France

Re: [BETA 6.00] Feedbacks

Post by Xaphan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:56 pm

nexx" wrote:Hi, I recently ran into this mod and I have to say the level of polish and care shown on content is impressive.
I really like how many useless affixes have been thrown out from item generation, and how tidy and concise everything regarding items and crafting is, it helps get the idea of what everything does which can be overwhelming in some other mods. I definitely like how the mod isn't littered with hundreds of information scrolls right away because that's not normally the best way to do things.

I'm currently playing a sorc and at least early on monsters do die really fast, I switched to /players4 and then 8 and now veteran monsters can last a bit more which is good- but I certainly agree the change to base monster HP is good because they die too fast.

Other than monster HP, the only thing I feel doesn't fit so much are the Titan Quest monster charms and relics. I understand that with gems giving flat stats you want to keep other "random" bonuses on socketable items, and I assume jewels don't exist anymore. But as far as I could count there's gems, charms, relics, runes and then some other type of rune that is used for the new upgrade slots on items. Although I see the point in them, I feel charms and relics should just drop completed since they're one of the more "spammy" items in the mod and they add a lot of inventory clutter.

One more thing, figuring out what secondary stats actually do was a bit weird. Eventually I realized skills themselves mentioned it (although being a sorc I still don't know what might really does), but this information would be welcome somewhere- I still don't know how to increase mana :D.
Speaking about stats and skills. I really love the system for passives and skills you have going on, the fame system for passives is absolutely great and the max level unlocking system with masteries is also very good.

That's about all, looking forward to see the rest of the game and the next release, à bientôt!
Thanks you for your feedback.

Yes, I removed useless affixes and tried to add some new usefull ones to make items more interresting. I have still more ideas tht will come in a future beta.

About monsters health, yes it is too low in this beta, but this has changed in the version I'm working on at the moment. Monsters also are more intelligent and no longer use procs (they cast skill properly). Monsters are, right now, the less polished aspect of the mod and I am going to change that.

Charms and relics have been changed as well. They drop less but completed. This reduce the inventory managment a lot and it is the goal of this change.

For secondary stats, I can"t really do much more than adding some text on skills like I did. And yeah, in the current version, might have no use for a sorceress. I have an idea I want to test and see what I can do to make all 4 stats usefull for all characters. To increase your mana, or your mana regeneration, you have to find items that do it, unlock some specialities or use some skills. But it will never go a lot higher than what you start with, as this is part of the new system I'm using that allows me to remove all cooldowns and make the game more fun on my eyes.
JeyP" wrote:Gameplay is what i like the most from this mod. Most mods go overboard with aoe skills that kill enemies even beyond see range. Here we have area of effect skills with low diameter, mana pool that don't allow skill spaming for to long and fire/poison attacks thrown under the feet that force you to move or stay put when they use ring of fire.

About the beta:
- like always minor spelling errors, wrong numbers in mastery requirements
- experience bar sometimes disappears
- graves and casket hard to open
- act II - killed enemys on the map edge becouse of knockback don't drop items, it's not a big deal but lost some time becouse first time in act II and that enemy had the quest item, happened to me two times
- only played with huntres - some skills like "Frost Strafe" need balance (auto aim, aoe, cold damage-slow down, knockback, low mana usage it's way to good, remove knockback and increase mana)
- after killing act II boss i was teleported to Venzaj Oasis and game crashed after talking to Klub need make new staff and kill boss again

Don't like how passive skills work. Need lvl 5 in skill and then we can max out passive. Would be better if we could putt 1 point to passive for every 2 point in main skill. Passive should have bonus on lvl 5 and 10 look at the "Strenght of the pack" at lvl 7 got a 2nd wolf and then lvl 8, 9 and 10 only provide minor boost to wolf dmg and are not worth to put points in.

Don't know how waepon "damage bonus" works but feel weird. It's ok for energy weapons but strength and dexterity feel way off, feel just like magic waepons and dmg that waepon have are not important. All skills have "base damage 100% waepon damage" so strength and dexterity waepons should work in simple way if we have sword 1-5 dmg and "strenght damage bonus 200%" damage attack should be 2-10 but my attack (normal hit damage) is the same as waepon attack even with 700% damage and skills damage don't change to much between normal shop waepon lvl 2 and lvl 46.

BTW: Damage numbers are sometimes displayed with really small font would be nice if could be fixed.

Keep up the good work! It's rough and incomplete but in term of production quality and gameplay it is far the best D2 mod.

EDIT: Parts for the staff don't drop anymore so this char is doomed without duplicating the staff from another one.
EDIT2:
Quick thoughts about summons:
- like that every class have some summon creature, every clas shouldn't have to many off them, my huntress have 9 wolfs right now and i think it's to many, she should have 1 wolf on lvl 1 skill (not 3) then 1 more on lvl 5 passive and 1 more on lvl 10 passive, that give us 3 total, wolfs in specialities should be lowered too (have 4 wolf now on lvl 13 don't know what is the max lvl), so we have 3 wolf from skill and 2-4 from specialities (5-7 total should be enought) and then we have unique class items like hutress torso armour that could give ~3 more wolfs
- necromancer: don't know why but necromancer without skeletons is not a necromancer, would be possible that skill could spawn randome skeletons? like lvl 5 passive give chance to spawn archers and lvl 10 mage or better do that through specialities, with unsummon command player could build his army according to his play style and summoming from killed summon should be possible becouse in boss fight skeletons would be totally useless, unique class itemcould have % chance resurrect skeleton from kiled enemys
Thanks you too for the feedback.

The bugs 'Experience bar sometimes disappears' and 'graves and casket hard to open' seems related to D2Dreamland. Unfortunately I can do nothing to fix thems and Kingpin that is the author of Drreamland is currently busy. But once he has more time I will tell him this. the bugs with items not droping when a monster is on an edge is quit annoying, I will have to see how to fix it. The one with Klub as well as it seems random, I haven't identified yet xhat is causing it.

The way passives work is still subject to change. The idea of 1 level every 2 levels into the main skill is something I have considered doing.

About the weapon damage, you'r right. As of now, base damage of the weapon dosen't have so much importance in the total damage dealed. I like the way it work right now but will try to make weapon damage more important. All skills have 100% weapon damage for now, but this is going to change. I will probably reduce the bonus damage from the skill and increase the base percent weapon damage to compensate. For the small font, well, game doses that on occasion but so do the original game. I can see if it's possible to change it :)

Summons still need to be balanced. Necromancer is supposed to be the main characters that can have lot of minions, and the huntress is just behind. I'll take your suggestion into consideration. Also, I've removed the Neither tentacles skill from the necromancer and he now have Bone horros instead (Skelettons that spit poison) It fit the theme better.

Post Reply

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”