Changes based on current beta feedbacks

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Changes based on current beta feedbacks

Post by Xaphan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello,

The beta of version 6.00 is out for quite some time now. Based on feedbacks I got, I've done some changes and still have more to do. Here is a list of some things I've changed (or plan to change) as of now :

Items :
- Relics : Drop 3 times less, but drop completed directly
- Charms : Drop 5 times less, but drop completed directly

This is done so you don't have to mannage your inventory so much by cubing all of the charms and relics together. So you will be more time playing diablo than playing tetris! Also, parts of charms and relics had little to no real usefull uses, so they served no real purpose.

- Added 30 unique items for each currently playable class

Skills :

General
- Skills now show in their description if they can be bound on left skill button. Note : I can make any skill being able to be bound on left skill button, but with any skill that is not a projectile or melee attack, a bug can appear preventing the player to click on an dungeon entry to switch to the next map as long as the skill is assigned to the left mouse button. That is why some skills such as poison nova or corpse explosion cannot be bound to the left skill button. This was also true in the original game btw :)
- Summons no longer have an attack rating atribue. The function they use to proc their skills cast the projectile (exemple : the explosion from burning spectrum) even if they miss, so the attack rating had no purpose. Balance will be done keeping that in mind in case of this become an issue. Anything related to minion attack ratting has been replaced by minion attack speed, or removed completely.

Necromancer :
- Neither Tentacles : Removed and replaced with Bone Horrors. Bone horrors follows you, have life and others atributes like normal minions and do not vanish after some time. They spit poison at your target and have 33% chance to knock back it.
- Succubus : Doubled range of the orbs. This summon now attack from range.

Sorceress :
- Air Elemental and Fire Elemental : Theses summon now attack from range. Air Elemental cast lightning (pierce foes) and fire elemental cast 3 small fire orbs moving forward.
- Icy Shackles : Effect is no longer doubled if you cast this skill while under the effect of an enchantment.

Monsters :
- Monsters life increased by 150%. A monster that had 100 life now have 250. This has been done because monsters died very quickly, and had no real chance to be a challenge.
- Others changes to monsters are still in the work, including reworking the AI of all monsters and removing all 'on hit' procs, making the AI use the skill instead.

World :
- Tran Athulua's Jungle : This area has been split into two parts. One is now populated with level 1 monsters instead of level 2. No veretan monsters can spawn in this small area. The second part is the same as before, just a bit smaller. Monsters are still level 2 and veterans can appear.
- The player now start the game in the 1st part of Tran Athulua's Jungle and will quickly reach Phillos landing stage, and then the mod continue the same way it started before.

This has been done so the very beggining of the game is less frustrating for classes that start with a melee weapon. Veterans with the increased health would have only been anoying if this was not done.

- Crash in Kalinash's Jungle fixed

There will be more to come, of course :)

FPeacee

Re: Changes based on current beta feedbacks

Post by FPeacee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:27 pm

LOVE IT! I still check this every day, and can't wait :D Thanks for all your hard work Xaph man!

EDIT: any chance of changing auto attacking on rmb?

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 pm

- Monsters life increased by 150%. Thumbs up. But you will need more than that I assure you when the unique,sets and runewords are added.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:15 pm

prodigypm" wrote:- Monsters life increased by 150%. Thumbs up. But you will need more than that I assure you when the unique,sets and runewords are added.
Yes this is just a minimum so I can test monsters when I will do more change to thems. You can expect more than that to be done :)

Edit :
FPeacee" wrote:EDIT: any chance of changing auto attacking on rmb?
I'm not sure what you want to say here. All skills can be put on rmb already.

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 am

In clod and most mods the rmb melee attacks auto attack if you run using that button. So when you run up to a monster it attacks and you dont have to name lock them or hold shift to attack. As it stands only earthquake and shockwave auto attack on the barbarian and the other melee skills do not.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”