Patch 5.2D Bugs

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Patch 5.2D Bugs

Post by Perfect Cell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Please share any bugs you have encountered that can be fixed for upcoming versions.

Be sure to also check out the Suggestion thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63762

And the Skills and Character Builds discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35213
later

SNinaNina

Re: Patch E Bugs

Post by SNinaNina » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 am

Hi. I found an issue with the noob's odd charm/damage augmenter. Someone commented that theirs appeared to be broken in another thread. I don't know if the source of this was found. However, my wife rolled her first character last night and we found something weird.

The augmenter/noob charm break if placed on the right side of the inventory. The skill granted disappears, so I assume everything else does, too. When they're placed on the left side, they work again. Actually, looking at it, all charms placed to the right cease working, or at least gain a red outline as opposed to blue.

I know I've followed installation instructions correctly. I've done this so many times it's silly. Using D2SE as well.

But here are some images.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm

I know I've followed installation instructions correctly
I am sure you have, you might have missed sth in the readme though. In 5.1E I added a feature called charmzone (or better said Ogodei did:P). How it works, well your screen show that perfectly. In order to prevent stacking the whole inventory full of charms, they will only work on the left side, if you look closely you will see that one top-buttom line in the middle is a little thicker than the rest.

In conclusion, everything is as it should be. Nothing to worry and enjoy playing:).

Cheers
AlphA

SNinaNina

Post by SNinaNina » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't read the readme fully, whoops.

Thank you.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 am

Had a ring installed that was 1 strength, replaced with one of 4 strength. notice something wasn't right. put back the 1 strength it showed 14 cold. Tried several times, it just couldn't decide. Finally got the the 4 strength ring to register like it should. If I note again, will tale a screen shot.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:38 am

Send me the char with both rings. Will check.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm

I apologize, I unwittingly Made a rare ring and one was put in the mix. If it happens again will be sure to keep.
Still not sure about gold drop. First time I went to get Wirt's leg gold fell, the second time the amount was in the lower right hand corner. Some kills drop gold others just number, all show in inventory.
I tried to follow note number 2 in the readme with no luck. only deleted "utility". So I'm sure my character is working right or not. Getting ready to finish Act with an Amazon.
So if something is needed besides the overwrite for the mod, my character is not right. Irs't seems to be working ok.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:34 am

You have a small radius around you, where gold will be picked up. If you are standing too far away, you can see it drop. Once you move close it will be picked up and show as a number on the buttom right corner.

You deleted the D2SamllUtility.dll? That's not how it was meant.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Looks like I need to scrap and reload. Bah Humbug!! Oh, well thats the way things go. Will read and see what I can do right for a change.
One question: Do you need to remove all the things listed in the read me and it wont let me delete or change things?
Can I get the correct results overwriting with your mod and not changing anything?
Whoops!! more than one question.
Keep up the good work. Some nice art work.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:59 am

If you wanna convert save files form ES to ESR you need to delete those items on your chars+shared stash:
Remove all Tokens, Weapons with Quantity, Keys, Tome of Townportal,Tome of Identify and Items with Selfrepair or Replenish Itemstat.
Yes that is possible, but it would require to change/remove several files yourself.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks, I guess I have no problems since I am starting everything new. Not using any old characters or items.
What does "utility" do that I deleted?
Just a note. Tried to give my Rogue Merc a crossbow. No luck. I don't want to, just wanted to see if I cou

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:59 am

That's odd. I thought I changed that for Rogue Mercs. Will look into it. Check the D2Mod.ini and then scroll to D2SmallUtility.dll to see what features you are missing.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Looked and the "utility" I deleted was in Comm patch. 4N1. Nothing to do with yours, but do I need it?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 am

If you mean the old Utility.dll it doesnt matter, for ESR only the D2SmallUtility.dll matters.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 am

Thanks, Finished Ac2 Normal. Things are moving along. Ran into my first crash, not your Mod but Plug Y. Error: DWORD 0953F900 wanted got 0953D250 to change memory at 6FA19639.
This time I shut down and unplug the computer so it would reset. Fix and didn't lose the character. Not so bright the first time, deleted everything and started over from scratch.
Thanks for all your advice, it is greatly appreciated.
It was the old utility. I did nothing it said in step 2 of the Read Me. Just over road everything with your Mod.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:33 am

Yeah if you have no old chars you can obviously skip part 2. Either try a restart or a change in the Plugy.ini ActiveCheckMemory=0 ->1

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Finished Normal and ready to start Night Mare. Ran into a small problem at the end of defeating Baal. After about all was done, while fighting Baal's Body Guard, computer froze and I got the following error.
Assertion Failure.
Location D2CMP\SRC\Sprite Cache.cpf line 886
Expression ptGfxNode->tGfxBlock.Ip AsyncData.
Lost a lot but since Baal was gone and the speech was being made fought the boygaurd. Did move on to Night mare but the finally.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 am

Viper Bite skill kinda works on my side, besides any item possible that should add damage to it.

Meaning, e.g. if I have a charm or item (doesn't matter) that should add some elemental damage, it won't add it at all, and that only happens with viper bite skill.

On nightmare difficulty, some areas make my cpu goes wild i guess, everything goes slow, and after 5 second all is smooth again, then I enter another area and that repeats.

But it doesn't make the game to crash, that's what matters.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi there - how is the dev progress coming along? cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:19 am

Have been busy trying to figure why I keep getting errors
Error: BYTE 81 wanted 01 found to change memory at 09DD9295
Under PlugY are two different things: Configure is 11.02 dated 2/19/2018, Text 10.00 dated 3/23/2018.
The error appears under the PlugY 10.00. Install Instructions. PatchD2 for set not on Realm variable. (VariableonRealm)

DKing

Post by DKing » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Not a huge deal but Amazon's Sway skill description has enemy's spelled "emeny's"

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Hey there, what's the progress? Don't wanna sound annoying but there haven't been any updates for far too long ;-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Been busy with other stuff plus a lack of motivation. Halfway finished adding new itemstats and a new runesystem. Been talking about both on Discord plus sharing some preview pictures. Once those are finished I will probably release the next patch. The one after will then concentrate to actually use those new itemstats.

Cheers
AlphA

Dapaba
Forum Regular
Angel
Canada

Post by Dapaba » Tue May 01, 2018 12:02 am

AlphA - The Real One wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm
In 5.1E I added a feature called charmzone (or better said Ogodei did:P).
Hi Alpha. Started playing this recently and liking it so far. Couldn't move my players over so started fresh. Why did you put the charmzone backwards is what I'm wondering? Charms, cube and misc. have always gone on the right side of the inventory. Is there any way to switch it? It's really annoying and so inefficient the way it is.
Kato on the Zy-El Welcome page: 'This Mod's not a cakewalk. So, I don't want to hear any whining about how tough it is! If you want an easier game, go back to "vanilla" LOD or play some other Mod.'

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue May 01, 2018 2:37 pm

For moving your chars look into the readme. The inventory side can be moved if you code it yourself. I asked Ogodei for it and had him fit it my playstyle. Might add an optional right side in the future, cause you werent the first to complain. Cube and Misc can go anywhere in the inventory. Charmzone is only for charms.

Cheers
AlphA

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”