Unhandled Exception, Int_Divide_By_Zero

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Atrushan

Unhandled Exception, Int_Divide_By_Zero

Post by Atrushan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 pm

I use Windows 10, 64 bit and tried to install mods for Diablo 2 and get them to run for 10 hours, while reading through various sites and trying all sorts of programs and solutions (original ES, Glide Wrapper, Version Changer...). So far I'm able to launch Eastern Sun Rises, but as soon as I try to open the inventory, I get that unhandled exception. I think I may have botched something during the install. Here's the steps I've taken.

1. Installed the 1.14b (base game and expansion)
2. Used "Cactus" to change it to 1.13c
3. Installed D2SE Mod Manager
4. Copied D2SE_ES R6E Com4.1N into "Mods"
5. Copied ES rises master into "Mods"

I launched the game with D2SE which shows both Mods in the list and by double clicking on ES rises 5.1. The settings from D2SE are Glide (on) and Windowed (off).
Even if I don't go into the inventory to get that unhandled exception, the game would show two different error messages after quitting.
1. D2SE.exe: Exception occured during dllEntrypoint... glide3x.dll
2. Diablo 2 Exception: Unhandled exception (c000000d)

So... where did I go wrong? Everything runs on admin rights and in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

edit: I tried switching to Display Option DDraw and windowed (on), but the 2 errors upon closing still remain. I haven't tested the inventory issue with these settings, since it breaks the screen resolution, which doesn't reset until I restart the computer. (1920x1080)
edit 2: Or is it because currently I haven't installed es300_R6D (so there's no es300 subfolder in the main directory of Diablo 2)? Isn't it already part of D2SE_ES R6E Com4.1N? It's just that I really had a hard time with Eastern Sun. No cd mount program I tested would get the mini-cd image to work and there were reports about the mod not working properly if there's a space in the file path (which would be the case in "D:\Diablo II").
edit 3: It might be worth mentioning that D2VidTst gets an exception error for glide3x.dll too.

edit 4: Okay, probably should have read the readme. It's funny when you spend hours reading through guides and recommendations yet skip the one part that you were supposed to read xD
Apparently they aren't two different mods. You copy one over the other. I did that and the game doesn't crash in inventory anymore. Progress! I'll still have to test if it runs for more than a few seconds though.
Also the readme said something about not posting problems in this forum, I think. For whatever reason. So... sorry about that.

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”