Most Active Forum, Censoring & PM emails

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Most Active Forum, Censoring & PM emails

Post by Necrolis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm

I've noticed that with some profiles, the most active forum data doesn't appear(even looking at my own I can't see it...), is this just an db or settings problem ?

also I noticed that even with "enable censoring" set to "no", words are still censored(in sigs atleast...)

and finally, a small usless thingy, thats annoying me :P the pm emails seem to be marked as "(unknown sender)"
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Most Active Forum, Censoring & PM emails

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:03 pm

The PM letters for me say "onyx@d3mods.org" or something along those lines

Rest of those features seem to be working, atleast for me.

It might be because your a moderator or something?

EDIT: Your 'most active forum' data doesn't appear, but mine does ? :disgusted:
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:11 pm

cla$$ics" wrote:The PM letters for me say "onyx@d3mods.org" or something along those lines
might just be my gmail being g(ay)mail...
cla$$ics" wrote:It might be because your a moderator or something?
EDIT: Your 'most active forum' data doesn't appear, but mine does ? :disgusted:
I don't think so, maybe I just spammed too much :P, I noticed that onyx's also doesn't appear, so it might be high posts or mod stati
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:09 pm

@Unknown sender: check details of that mail. Mine contains "from:onyx@d2mods.com&gt" - have you getting clear adress (aka x@y.com ) without that letters after .com?

@sigs at least: I dont think it should be a problem. words like that one you have in signature should be banned here, regardless if its in post, name, signature,..

if you are still interested to vilify new members and force them to read terms of service, you can try put those words into signature image..or something like: " learn_ce_in_2_hours < click here! " ;)
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Phrozen Heart, Nefarius, kingpin, and Myhrginoc all are missing their "most active forum" as well, so it may just be moderator status
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Its not the details that are the problem, its that emails normally list the name of the send(as the sender whats to be know), ie the previous pm emails where deemed as being from 'Myhrginoc', so its a config problem on the sender side. Censorship was given to the users as a choice, but it doesn't work, just wanted to point out that if it doesn't work it work, it should be removed(my sig is selfcensored btw, and its a 'famous' quote, just slighty altered, because i'm sick of people not using search).

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 am

The personal word censoring setting is overwritten by a global setting in the Admin Control Panel of the site, called Allow disabling of word censoring and set to No on this board. This isn't going to change.

Most active forum/topic data doesn't show for special users, such as moderators and admins. I'm not sure why, and not willing to investigate, especially with my tight schedule lately. It isn't anything important.

The e-mail setting on this board is strange, seems to be a problem with encoding of some of the database tables. You should receive the e-mails from onyx <onyx@d2mods.com> - why Gmail translates this to unknown sender is beyond me. < and > are the HTML equivalents of < and >, this is a bug I was unable to fix.

Necrolis, I ask you to remove that 'famous quote' from your signature. As a moderator here, you should be setting an example to others. It doesn't matter that you self-censored it, there should be better ways than that to tell people to behave.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

onyx" wrote:The personal word censoring setting is overwritten by a global setting in the Admin Control Panel of the site, called Allow disabling of word censoring and set to No on this board. This isn't going to change.
ah, ok, just odd that the global doesn't then remove the option display
onyx" wrote:Most active forum/topic data doesn't show for special users, such as moderators and admins. I'm not sure why, and not willing to investigate, especially with my tight schedule lately. It isn't anything important.
ah, odd as well, guess me/people will have to do without that novelty...
onyx" wrote:The e-mail setting on this board is strange, seems to be a problem with encoding of some of the database tables. You should receive the e-mails from onyx <onyx@d2mods.com> - why Gmail translates this to unknown sender is beyond me. < and > are the HTML equivalents of < and >, this is a bug I was unable to fix.
ah, ok, was just wonder what was up with it, though gmail does get the stuff properly:

Code: Select all

Delivered-To: necrolis@gmail.com
Received: by 10.216.8.8 with SMTP id 8cs200627weq;
        Sun, 6 Sep 2009 07:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.211.146.39 with SMTP id y39mr5786541ebn.65.1252248009613;
        Sun, 06 Sep 2009 07:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <>
Received: from hugelaser.com (london.hugelaser.com [94.76.213.111])
        by mx.google.com with SMTP id 4si1689235ewy.60.2009.09.06.07.40.09;
        Sun, 06 Sep 2009 07:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of hugelaser.com designates 94.76.213.111 as permitted sender) client-ip=94.76.213.111;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of hugelaser.com designates 94.76.213.111 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=
Received: from LONDON-RAPTOR ([127.0.0.1])
	by hugelaser.com
	; Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:39:44 +0100
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?TmV3IHByaXZhdGUgbWVzc2FnZSBoYXMgYXJyaXZlZA==?=
To: necrolis@gmail.com
Reply-To: <onyx <onyx@d2mods.com>>
Return-Path: <onyx@d2mods.com>
Sender: <onyx@d2mods.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <aa624da77657e7b34996fd1ab0bdd081@d2mods.info>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 15:39:44 +0100
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PhpBB3
X-MimeOLE: phpBB3
X-phpBB-Origin: phpbb://d2mods.info/forum
onyx" wrote:Necrolis, I ask you to remove that 'famous quote' from your signature. As a moderator here, you should be setting an example to others. It doesn't matter that you self-censored it, there should be better ways than that to tell people to behave.
yes sir! made more family friendly now(and less pulp fiction...)

Return to “Feedback”