I think this site really deserves a chat room

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

Boziban
Banned
Paladin

I think this site really deserves a chat room

Post by Boziban » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:02 pm

I think this site really deserves a chat room.

I think it would be nice if all registered users that were online could instant message eachother so things oculd be done much faster. :)

I just thought maybe you staff members might take this into consideration. :)
Boziban the Fallen Shaman.

Incandescent One
Champion of the Light

Post by Incandescent One » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:43 pm

Hey Boziban, you may want to re-read the Phrozen keep's terms of service, in particular paragraph xix :!:
Incandescence

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:48 pm

Chat rooms, ICQ or IRC channels and the like are things we might implement at some point, though often people aren't on at the same time...and we're spread across so many time zones.

But if there's enought demand for it once we get past the current issues (like getting the download center back online), it's something we might consider later on. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:51 pm

Trip made a irc channel for modding chat a while ago, I don't know if it is active since I don't use mirc... read more about it here.

Boziban
Banned
Paladin

Post by Boziban » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:51 pm

Okay, :)
Thanks for letting me know, but hey, I mean this already the best web site I have ever set my eyes on in my entire life!;) You don't need a chat at all, I just thought it would be nice. :)
Boziban the Fallen Shaman.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:45 pm

I do like the idea of implementing a web-based irc client to the site but I don't want anything detracting too much from the forums which we are still trying to rebuild up to their previous size.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:27 pm

Could the chats in the irc client be saved and used as a resource for modmakers such as the forum? If not, than its bad because much of what would be discussed there would be lost eventually...

Stormgard

Post by Stormgard » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:19 am

Alkalund" wrote:Could the chats in the irc client be saved and used as a resource for modmakers such as the forum? If not, than its bad because much of what would be discussed there would be lost eventually...

One of the best thing in these forums is the possibility to search for a particular topic. That makes the Phozen Forums a fantastic knowledge base on modding in D2.

So the dissavantage of not having direct communication is in fact what makes this forum so usefull.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Give the Poor Guy a Break

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:19 am

There are plenty of construction problems on the boards already. Let's get what we already have working right, then wait a few weeks so Phrozen can catch his breath and enjoy life a while.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

NewbieModder
Angel

Post by NewbieModder » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:28 am

I agree. Once we can actually download things, THEN we should worry ab out trivial things like IRC implementation......

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Give the Poor Guy a Break

Post by Alkalund » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:33 am

Myhrginoc" wrote:There are plenty of construction problems on the boards already. Let's get what we already have working right, then wait a few weeks so Phrozen can catch his breath and enjoy life a while.
That's right, our bud Phrozen need a rest once in a while :)

I hope I din't sound like omg I need this irc thingie right NOW, I just stated my view on this subject :-|

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:56 pm

This forum is still in the tweaking stage and I'm also working on the new file center but I'll see what I can do after that.

*shunting my Knightmares mod along again*
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Trip
Paladin

Post by Trip » Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:20 pm

hey, the channel is still up, its on the gamesnet server on the channel #phrozenkeep it would to have more people come. i can keep logs of whats said in the channel.
I don't suffer from insanity, but enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe

kneeko87

Post by kneeko87 » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:32 pm

maybe MSN Messanger would be a good idea, if you all use the e-mail addresses provided, then we could all chat because it has that function! It also allows you to copy text out by the normal highlighting methods! If you already have a Chat room, then never mind, but this was just an Idea!
If you like DBZ e-mail based Internet RPGs, go to mine at the link below! Or alternatively, go to my Message Board and get involved with Chat, the link for that can be found at my Website!

malice
Paladin

Post by malice » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:29 pm

just a small observation: from my experience, chats tend to go off topic rather quickly, unless sessions are preplanned and attended by those who know about the stuff discussed (e.g. fixing druid skill+ bug). i prefer forums more since the (admittedly still tiny) effort involved in actually making a post helps keep discussions on course.

ok, i admit, i attend an irc-anonymous equivalent support group. it's too durned easy to get hooked to those things :/ anyway, good luck with the mods.
" Because sooner or later, seeing his picture might make you have one. " - Avatar profile 1:1

Return to “Feedback”